What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Bear

Referee
This is bully tactics by the Bears being pushed in the face of the NRL and an absolute joke...

"Look at us NRL, all these people have bought merchandise and memberships. So now you have to let us in the comp or all these people will feel ripped off.. "

FFS disgrace..
It's disgraceful that we've garnered support from the community the proposed side would be representing isnt it? Disgraceful to actually work our arses off to promote the club and it's value to the people of the central coast and also the north shore/north sydney.

Imagine if a few current NRL clubs promoted themselves as well as we have, they might be gaining larger crowds and membership numbers than the current levels.

ghee

Juniors
"If that means we've got Phil Gould and Wayne Bennett in the room when we present, well that might be the case, but I'm not sure if that's the actual tact we'll follow at the moment."

It sounds to me like Flo is saying it would be nice to have Bennett and Gould in room when they make their presentation...but he conceeds that this is not a given. However if both gentlemen, who've expressed support for the Bears in the past along with Andrew Johns and Peter Sterling, are willing, then the Bears would be delighted to have them present.

Even without their physical presence, the Bears bid is much stronger than any other. I also agree it would be disingenuous of the NRL to be meeting with and encouraging the Bears bid..and others..if there was no intention of considering expansion in the near future, if at all.

Further, as stated before, the Bears bid would not only right the wrongs of the past, it would create a franchise in rugby league's back yard of 1.1 million people which is not currently being serviced by any other NRL side.

adamkungl

Immortal
I wish my club actually did membership drives, rather than the half arsed 'mail people who are already members' campaign that they usually run.

that will do me, any credibility you had, has just gone out the window
you have been the main cheer girl squealing about how many members you have

by the way have you found the link to show where the majority of your memberships are the $80 ones......still waiting

The link is their contact number. Ring them up and ask yourself if you're so concerned mate. As a member I did. Do you think all the numbers are posted on the net?

You can find their email and phone contacts @ www.centralcoastbears.com.au

PaulyTom

Juniors
Set up sign up stations at Eastern Suburb beaches with players there to interact with fans.
Or even like fan sausage sizzle day down at the beach.

Beowulf

Juniors
re the highlighted part...... show me where any of the articles in this google search...... http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&biw...ntral+coast+bears&spell=1&fp=fd1042bfdceafadc
.......say where they are on board, in one of the main articles in fact this one here......http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8199725
.....the skateboard kid says that may not be tact we will take (to take gould and bennett with us).....fair enough they said they support the bid from the outset, but supporting a bid and coming on board are two different things...jeez it is amazing you can talk with both feet in your mouth

Semantics - by on board I mean assisting the Bears bid team, not 'on the Board'!

Not quite sure if you have a point here at all other than trolling, but its a great opportunity to inform Bears fans............Phil Gould was the MC at the Bears Foundation Members lunch 2 months ago and spoke with great passion and desire about the need for the Bears to be in the comp. He pledged to do whatever he could to help. If thats not on board, please define.

Wayne Bennet has similarly offered whatever help he can provide.

Sorry I don't have a link to Phil Gould's speech - was legendary, but full of expletives!

Beowulf

Juniors
that will do me, any credibility you had, has just gone out the window
you have been the main cheer girl squealing about how many members you have

by the way have you found the link to show where the majority of your memberships are the $80 ones......still waiting

That one has been previously answered. For a repeat, please send $20 to www.centralcoastbears.com.au and become a member.....on second thoughts, we don't need/want you.

Semantics - by on board I mean assisting the Bears bid team, not 'on the Board'!

Not quite sure if you have a point here at all other than trolling, but its a great opportunity to inform Bears fans............Phil Gould was the MC at the Bears Foundation Members lunch 2 months ago and spoke with great passion and desire about the need for the Bears to be in the comp. He pledged to do whatever he could to help. If thats not on board, please define.

Sorry I don't have a link to Phil Gould's speech - was legendary, but full of expletives!

Neither did i, to quote you from the other post OK a bit over the top perhaps büt I'm in a good mood with the Bears having another great day in the media. Getting Wayne Bennett and Phil Gould on board was a masterstroke, agree?

the links provided show that they are not on board and that the bears may use them, but that is possily not going to be a tactic that the skateboard kid would use...show me anywhere, that it says that gould and bennett will definitely be attending the NRL when the bid is submitted

oh and by the way the 8th of July 2010 is a little longer than 2 months ago.....have you got any more recent articles or tidbits of info to show where gould and bennet have come on board

feet meet mouth once more...talk about BS and the twisting of facts to talk your bid up.......google is your friend

re post 2407 i went back and got this post

Probably because you haven't said please.

If R&B Bear said it he's right - he'd know. tbh i think in recent months though, with the push to kids memberships, we're probably selling as many of the kids $10 packages as the $80 family or $20 1 year/$30 2 year memberships. No more freebie info - from now on we charge.

so if red and black bear said it, it is right......that will also do me, if red and black bear said jump off the gap you will be right, would you believe him

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
I wish my club actually did membership drives, rather than the half arsed 'mail people who are already members' campaign that they usually run.

Seconded.

Don't have a link?

F*ck mate, you must be a lair then.

re post 2407 i went back and got this post

so if red and black bear said it, it is right......that will also do me, if red and black bear said jump off the gap you will be right, would you believe him

If he did and then told us about it, i would believe him. Really wouldn't you? Who would make something like that up?

dgsfan

Juniors
Seconded.

Don't have a link?

F*ck mate, you must be a lair then.

If he did and then told us about it, i would believe him. Really wouldn't you? Who would make something like that up?

Who do you support again?

bobmar28

Bench
Obviously its different for heartland bids where TV is not the main consideration as the population is mainly watching TV games already (ie Central Coast and CQLD - I won't consider Ipswich as the NRL obviously don't either). So on all criteria, Bears trump CQLD obviously, and WA as the 'new territory' has a primary concern with TV beamed back to the East Coast, so the other criteria are less important.

"The corridor around Ipswich is the fastest growing region in Australia and we need to be a part of it". David Gallop 2010.

That sounds a bit like consideration to me.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
Barring a disaster in TV negotiations it's already happened IMO, otherwise they would have shut the Bears and Reds membership and merchandise drives down. Instead, they are encouraging them to go as hard as they can.

Like the TV networks wanting a QLD team?

bobmar28

Bench
I understand perfectly. If a solid, grassroots team is created that can trump the Bears in all areas of criteria then it should get in ahead of the Bears. Unfortunately for you, there isn't a bid out there for NRL consideration that could have a chance for at least 4-5 years. The timing for 2018 for a Brisbane side is perfect. I'm sure most Bears fans would agree.

NSW to get an 11th team while QLD waits seven years to get their fourth team? I think most QLDers would disagree.

Like the TV networks wanting a QLD team?

No TV Network has come out stating they want another QLD team. Matter of fact not much information has been released in relation to what the TV networks and the NRL want in regards to extra games, extra teams and/or expansion.

As it stands one extra game covers the costs and supplies both the NRL and the network with revenue due to that. The whole QLD needs another team due to TV network demands is a myth and you know it.

The WAReds will cover the national basis and the Central Coast Bears will make up the extra game. We get TV timeslots that were generally foreign to the game from the expansion to W.A. and we get the extra game regardless with the introduction to the CCBEARS (a team that was never hated and always rated well, regardless of their success or lack of). Like I've said Prime (7) and NBN (9) are signed on as minor/foundation sponsors.

You might not see that as a big thing but in the context of TV Rights, I see it as a huge move due to the fact it's 2 opposing companies signed on. If there was a lack of confidense or faith that the CCBEARS woudn't provide anything extra then these networks wouldn't have bothered being sponsors, let alone part funding the bid through sponsorship.

bobmar28

Bench
Looks to me like there are two (maybe more) people in here deliberately to stir and troll pro-Bears fans.

Take a look at yourselves gents - is this really the sort of stuff you want to go on about? Trying to bag people putting their support behind a team that isn't even in the comp yet?

Grow up.

All I am doing is replying to posts that are nothing but a load of crap.

They are encouraging WA Reds, Ipswich Jets and CQ. Should they be shut down now?

They encouraged the W.A. Reds & C.C.Bears in selling members and merchandise. The CCBEARS started this whole push for expansion and then W.A. Reds took the opportunity to also bring forth and build their bid around this push.

CQ came into the frame amost a year after without any NRL encouragement. They were brought forth and started building their bid around Murphy and O'Keefe. It wasn't until Gallop went to CQ that he saw the potential in the area as it grows in the next decade-15 years.

Ipswich Jets then saw their opportunity to put together a bid as well. Initially and still they are seen as simply making up the numbers. I say this because their work doesn't reflect a bid that is 100% commited yet. Lack of information and general community engagement tells the story. Due to this they are behind the 8-Ball.

In the last 18 months when expansion has been mentioned in the media, the CCBEARS & WAREDS always get a mention. The CCBEARS are so ready that the NRL has put them on stand by twice to fill the void should a current team fall (Cronulla & Melbourne).

If the NRL however were to currently encourage JUST the WAREDS and CCBEARS it would do more harm then good because the message it would send to the QLD bids wouldn't be good. So just like last time (GCTITANS, S.ORCAS & CCBEARS). One bid gets the majority of attention whilst the others get part mentioning so it makes them feel like they have a genuine chance and therefore can keep growing their profile and as such the potential for a team (if not now atleast in the near future).

Memberships, stadiums, business model, community support, sponsorships, merchandise, corporate support aside and the CCBEARS still have the better bid team and bid process. Because unlike the others, we have been there done that and learnt from past failures. I believe in life sometimes you have to fail to be able to win. You must learn from that and come back stronger than before.

W.A.Reds and CCBears have undoutably done this. Their profiles expands and the support base grows. Through this equity is acheived and through that the neccessary funds are reached to be able to lauch a bid that is 100% commited to not only to the area which they plan to represent but also to make sure it highlights the strength of the game in Australia.

No half-assed bids will get close. Regardless of potential. Because at the end of the day, potential and success are two different things. Whilst potential is filed with maybes and possibilities, success is built from performing 100% and covering all corners.

Last edited:
All I am doing is replying to posts that are nothing but a load of crap.

Bulldust. For every post you have thrown in here, I have answered you in full. For every answer I throw back, you and the other naysayers ignore it and keep going about your usual business.

What's annoying is that peole like myself and Beowulf know far more about the CCBEARS bid then you guys. Yet when we post up information, you guys still ignore it. There's a word for that.. ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts