What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 7 to broadcast RL World Cup

afinalsin666

First Grade
Look at the quality 7 are putting in to games in the middle of the night with, you'd imagine, not a huge crowd. If they treat a Dogwatch shift with this respect, what would they do with it at prime time?

NRL need to take notice. Notice this, notice the blatant disregard 9 has for the sport, and make some demands.

Nuke

Staff member
The majority of the commentators really need to refresh their knowledge of the rules, as there were times last night where they were debating what constitutes a forward pass, a play-the-ball, ect. Darryl Halligan hasn't improved since the last time I've listened to him. He doesn't like anything good happening for the Aussies..!

It was great having Vossy back though.

Look at the quality 7 are putting in to games in the middle of the night with, you'd imagine, not a huge crowd. If they treat a Dogwatch shift with this respect, what would they do with it at prime time?

NRL need to take notice. Notice this, notice the blatant disregard 9 has for the sport, and make some demands.

i dunno i think its stupid putting it on a channel that not everyone has
they should put it on channel 7 or 7two or at least the replays

El Diablo

Post Whore
i dunno i think its stupid putting it on a channel that not everyone has
they should put it on channel 7 or 7two or at least the replays

it would be only a minority who can't get it and a lot of those only have themselves to blame for relying on Foxtel to provide FTA

anyone outside a metro area can't rely on Foxtel for FTA as it's not available to them that way

plug in an aerial and have a tuner

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dissapointing we didn't see the opening ceremony but other than that and Ray French I enjoyed the coverage.

Diesel

Referee
Any chance that since the Auckland 9's start in 2014 they are not included in the current tv deal they could be on 7?

nrlnrl

First Grade
The coverage was awesome!!!!

Love the HD, love the commentary, f*cking love having Vossy back!!!!

The pictures from Premier Sports seemed to have too many replays in general play. I enjoyed hearing Andrew Voss, but I'm not a fan of Daryl Halligan's commentary. I didn't see the studio content from Ryan Phelan & Matt King at half time & full-time though. What were they like ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ok but needs three panelists. Matt king was ok but hard to take serious and didn't give any real Insite. I'd like to see some coaches/players who understand the strengths of the nations and the game plans they will likely use. There are a lot of tactical planning in RL games but you rarely see it put across by commentators.

Mr Saab

Referee
FMD. Matt King is as much an "Analyst" as what Danny Weidler is a great journo. Get rid of him

it would be only a minority who can't get it and a lot of those only have themselves to blame for relying on Foxtel to provide FTA

anyone outside a metro area can't rely on Foxtel for FTA as it's not available to them that way

plug in an aerial and have a tuner[/

People that work won't even be able to watch any games there's not even any replays.

Nuke

Staff member
7mate replayed the Australia-England game on Sunday arvo here in Perth. I assume that was the same Australia wide.

franklin2323

Immortal
Another good thing they do. Is the Harvey Norman ads around the picture. If 9 did this they could show all games live. 5 sec of them every 5 mins doesn't effect the game and still can show normal ads in breaks.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I am using a WD my book av-tv to record the games (turns tv into PVR). I got the opening two games and was able to watch them, however i recorded last nights games on a different tv and will not let me watch them. Gives me the message "Unable to play. Content protected by Digital rights management" when i try to play them

nrlnrl

First Grade
Another good thing they do. Is the Harvey Norman ads around the picture. If 9 did this they could show all games live. 5 sec of them every 5 mins doesn't effect the game and still can show normal ads in breaks.

Sorry, but I'm finding the 2 ads after tries annoying. It takes away from continuity as they are missing out on the first couple of replays & commentators describing the lead up play. They come back from the ads & it picks up at a random point in the replays with lowered audio from the commentators.

The worst case of forced ad breaks was during the France v PNG game when they went to a break while the video ref was checking a high shot by Paul Aiton. There was some thought he might've been sent off, but Australian viewers missed the decision & came back after ads to see the French team taking the tap after the penalty kick for touch.

franklin2323

Immortal
Sorry, but I'm finding the 2 ads after tries annoying. It takes away from continuity as they are missing out on the first couple of replays & commentators describing the lead up play. They come back from the ads & it picks up at a random point in the replays with lowered audio from the commentators.

The worst case of forced ad breaks was during the France v PNG game when they went to a break while the video ref was checking a high shot by Paul Aiton. There was some thought he might've been sent off, but Australian viewers missed the decision & came back after ads to see the French team taking the tap after the penalty kick for touch.

Yeah but they are just taking a live feed they have no control over stoppages like 9 would.

Latest posts