What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

channel nine news: dykes wants out

Smartman

Juniors
Maybe Dykes woke up to himself and decided the sharks will not be a premiership force in his lifetime
icon6.gif

Too bad Nigel missed out last year
icon14.gif

Sharkie73

Bench
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
Which coincided with him being forced to play with injuries.
Thats right he also had a falling out with Gillies the trainer because his injuries weren't being treated right.

Inferno

Coach
Ok So far In answer to my question about who beetroot is I've been given

carinashark said:
Just another vegetable!

Quint said:
A Mongrel!!!!!
Whom we could do with!

carinashark said:
He used to be a mongrel till he started to walk up to the drfence.

Captain Jack Sparrow said:
Which coincided with him being forced to play with injuries.

Sharkie73 said:
Thats right he also had a falling out with Gillies the trainer because his injuries weren't being treated right.

All of which does SQUAT to answer my question.

Can't get a damn answer out of you guys :p

Inferno

Coach
lol, thanks Sharkie.

But liked I asked before what were all the problems those guys had with Brett?

Quigs

Immortal
It just pleases me no end to see that the Sharkies are up and running even before the 2005 season is finished. Lets carry our present great club form and consistency proudly into the next year.

In one of the other threads everyone was as pleased as punch to see our 2006 squad named. Sheeze now we look like its further panic stations even in September.

So do we write off 2006 already. I will wait for the "good oil" before I throw my hand in.

Arrrrrh crap, whats another under-achieving year, I am used to it by now.

Go you Sharkies..... Ive got the plan...

Forget buying another 5/8. Buy half a dozen mongrels, tell them they don't get fed unless they spend 6 to 8 on the sidelines during the season.....and get respect back into the engine room.

I for one am sick to death of the Pommy Soccer mentality that has come into the game and the club. Too many hand wavers, point the wayers and he can do its.......(there are two exceptions)

"Shut up Quigs"
"alright I will stop now"

Cheers
Quigs

beekershark

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
Add to my list the growing number of players that have played with Kimmorley & been unhappy.

Melbourne
NSW
Manly/nth eagles
Dykes
Stevo
Bails
Trouble
Lomu
beetroot

Dykes

Pklease add.

Treister
Graham
Best
Dumas
Sullivan

SadShark

Bench
Well - due to the distinct lack of premierships in the club, we find ourselves patching up another important position in the team again. Dykes was supposed to be the saviour but we only had about 8 weeks of the "best half combination in the comp" as quoted by John Lang.

While it is OK for all of the clowns that run the joint to keep ballsing up our beloved team, we will continue to suffer through this amazingly long drought. If there was ever a due by date that was up, christ, put us out of our misery PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Sharkie73 said:
Where's sideline he seem to be in the know, where's the late mail:)

I don't even think SLE saw this one coming :)

He wasn't at T.I.T.s last meeting either.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Inferno said:
jesus, maybe it would be easier to list the playes he hasn't had problems with.

Maybe it'd be easier to cast the toxic little gnome off into the swamp.

Make him captain/coach even!

eelman03

Juniors
FOX SPORTS article:

Dykes future clouded
By Laine Clark
September 16, 2005

SHARKS coach Stuart Raper admits he is worried Adam Dykes may leave the club after the pivot initiated talks on his future with the NRL club.

Dykes returned to the Sharks this season after three disappointing years at Parramatta in what was seen as a dream halves pairing with former Test No.7 Brett Kimmorley.

But Raper said Dykes, who is off contract with the Sharks in 2007, approached the club yesterday to discuss his future and would decide his fate on Monday.

"We discussed what's best for Adam and the club and at this stage nothing has been ironed out yet," Raper said.

"We will be talking over the weekend and we will see what happens on Monday when we go back to work."

Asked if he was concerned Dykes may leave the Sharks, Raper said: "There are always concerns that you can lose a player but there is a bigger picture that we all have to look at in consultation with (club general manager) Steve Rogers and our coaching staff."

But Raper warned: "We've got to do what's best for everyone. I don't want a player who is unhappy or who doesn't want to be there.

"We've also got to make sure we've got a strong squad of players who've got to play well, that's the biggest thing.

At the end of the day we've got to make the right decisions that suits everyone."
Asked if Dykes was unhappy at Cronulla, Raper said: "I don't think that is the concern, I think it's looking at what's best for his future.

"We have discussed it with him but that's all it is at this stage really."

Raper denied that Dykes' concerns had anything to do with Kimmorley, who has also been linked to speculation that he is unhappy at the Sharks.

"As far as I know Brett is fairly happy," he said.

Rogers said Dykes had not yet sought a release from the club.

"I've had discussions with Adam Dykes' manager and we will see where that leads to but he has not sought a release," he said.

"We were talking about his situation at the club. His future at the club was discussed but no decision has been made.

"At this point in time, there is nothing more to report." On speculation that Kimmorley is unhappy, Rogers said: "There is no truth in that whatsoever."

Latest posts