What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel Nine Olympic Coverage

undertaker

Coach
P.S. An addendum to the previous paragraph, I have the tv on Ch9 in the background and in the last few mins or so, they've gone from diving, to basketball, to volleyball, to beach volleyball, to showing Ken Sutcliffe in the studio. Back and forth, back and forth. With the amount of back and forth action that's going on here, you might as well show the Table Tennis instead of treating the viewers like the ping pong ball.

And also the commentators Ch9 have used for their sports...Michael Slater calling the diving, James Brayshaw calling the rowing????:lol::lol: What a joke! And yet, a more knowledgeable, sports-fanatic commentator like Andrew Voss couldn't get a start and got scrapped at the last minute (for reasons unknown to us, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same reason why he has been shafted from calling games throughout the majority of the NRL season).

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
Wish they'd shove Big Brother up their arse. Whenever they're showing this excuse for a TV Show I'll see to it I'll be rearranging my sock drawer.

I mentioned this in "The Shire" thread of "The Movies/Music" sub-forum. I really would love to see that show flop. The powers to be at 9 obviously don't remember why the show got canned in the first place. Adding insult to injury is Sonia "if you didn't see my long hair, you'd think I was a male in woman's clothing" Kruger.

Bretto

Bench
My whole family have been lamenting the coverage we're all getting by channel 9 at this Olympics. What is the deal with having Mark Nicholas and Karl Stefanovic walking around a room with a clipboard talking to us like the smug gits that they are? It's f**king nauseating. Then occasionally they'll be sitting behind a desk.

I'm also sick of the chop and change bullshit. They'll show like 2 minutes of the Boomers playing, then cut to something like f**king Equestrian, then 2 minutes later go to the Rowing, then it'll be an ad break. After the ad break we'll have to put up with some numpty dribbling crap for 3 minutes, then 5 minutes of sport, then another 6-7 minutes of ads.

Was it Ray Hadley who commentated for the women's triathlon last night? Whoever it was, was woeful. Constantly reading from a piece of paper, getting names wrong etc.

I just can't believe this is what we get on free to air television in Australia.

Last edited:

whall15

Coach
Was it Ray Hdley who commentated for the women's triathlon last night? Whoever it was, was woeful. Constantly reading from a piece of paper, getting names wrong etc.

I just can't believe this is what we get on free to air television in Australia.

Eddie McGuire.

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah I suppose us NRL fans had a head start, lol it is funny though because non NRL fans or casual fans are livid.
I've seen so many people write on Nine's facebook wall.

Just as well it's been a forgettable Olympics.

Cletus

First Grade
I'm also sick of the chop and change bullshit. They'll show like 2 minutes of the Boomers playing, then cut to something like f**king Equestrian, then 2 minutes later go to the Rowing, then it'll be an ad break. After the ad break we'll have to put up with some numpty dribbling crap for 3 minutes, then 5 minutes of sport, then another 6-7 minutes of ads.

That's what shits me. I'd love to see some actual matches or at least decent parts of them but they seem to assume the average viewer has the attention span of a brain damaged gnat. And it's not like these events are happening live and they have to rush between them, they do exactly the same thing for the replay shows.
The only good thing is they seem to be showing more non Australian athletes.

docbrown

Coach
Channel 9 have been hopeless for years.

Who was honestly thinking that they'd step up at Olympics time?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The thing is they are all the same.....becomes an adathon for the channels shows, the major sponsors.

Every Games is spoilt by Australian TV.

But obviously the same fools who make it so ACA and TT are top rating lap it up.

Always becomes a Victorianathon too.

BobLog111

Juniors
That interview with Linford, Michael and Daley was the most entertaining thing I've seen during this coverage. If Karl butted out it would have been even better.

Cletus

First Grade
That interview with Linford, Michael and Daley was the most entertaining thing I've seen during this coverage. If Karl butted out it would have been even better.

I thought Karl did really well. Him and Sutcliffe are the only decent talent Nine have got.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
BTW I take the CommBank ads support bullying.

If a guy has a different opinion, gang up and bully him.

Do they sell bullies? What is the product?

Perhaps T needs a bodyguard...movie from the 80s....

Latest posts