What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel Nine Olympic Coverage

Big Sam

First Grade
Ray Hadley too!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

Hadley's actually a decent swimming and athletics commentator. The bigger issue is that DUI Becky is co-commentating :crazy:.

So be it 9 or Fox for swimming, you've got a Ray as the main commentator and a pisspot as a sidekick.

Shorty

Staff member
This is terrible coverage, channel 7 at least had the deal with SBS where stuff like Handball was on.
And ads every 10 minutes, ridiculous.

IanG

Coach
Wish they'd shove Big Brother up their arse. Whenever they're showing this excuse for a TV Show I'll see to it I'll be rearranging my sock drawer.

Canard

Immortal
Dreadful, other than swimming they just keep chopping and changing constantly with no context, like:

1) What am I watching? Is it Live?
2) How does the points system work (is it 12 out of 20 or 30??)
3) Were are the Australian's they are showing ranked currently? Last or are they pushing for a medal?

In the morning, Its quicker and easier to switch to 7 to get an update of what has happened overnight, with other news mixed in as well. Whereas 9 just seems to have McKinnon and Gary Sensible Jeans talking shit on a couch.

Mr Saab

Referee
Giaan Rooney....doing her best to defend her swimming friends (Magnussen). The spin is more sickening than Julia Gillard.

Danish

Referee
Dreadful, other than swimming they just keep chopping and changing constantly with no context, like:

1) What am I watching? Is it Live?
2) How does the points system work (is it 12 out of 20 or 30??)
3) Were are the Australian's they are showing ranked currently? Last or are they pushing for a medal?

In the morning, Its quicker and easier to switch to 7 to get an update of what has happened overnight, with other news mixed in as well. Whereas 9 just seems to have McKinnon and Gary Sensible Jeans talking shit on a couch.

Yep, foxtel's coverage shits on it from a great height.

Obviously it has a huge advantage having 8 channels, but it also just does simple things like stating whether an event is live or not and whether it is for a medal or just a heat in the EPG, and giving little a "aussie alert" and what channel to switch to when an Australian is about to compete.

While channel 9 obviously can only show events on the channels they have, they could surely have offered online viewing of alternative events that didn't make the cut for the TV broadcast. Foxtel has an app streaming all 8 channels to the ipad which you'd think channel 9 could have mimicked somehow. Instead they just show a montage of little spurts of each event, without ever really knowing whats going on.

Frankly I cannot imagine how anyone could actually stand to watch the 9 coverage on its own after experiencing how foxtel does the olympics

Last edited:
The only thing I watch 9 for is the swimming , can't stand Hadley and Wilson. I'm not sure how someone as nice as susie Oneill can stand to sit next to two such massive frauds.

jc155776

Coach
Is anyone actually surprised by how shit the channel 9 coverage is? They have had league for how long and can't even get that right!

Big Sam

First Grade
Frankly I cannot imagine how anyone could actually stand to watch the 9 coverage on its own after experiencing how foxtel does the olympics

100% agree. Haven't watched any 9 yet, except for the Opening Ceremony, and don't think I will.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Can someone tell me what channel nine means by the finals being on "tonight".

I've been waiting for Emily Seehbom or something or other to swim (she should medal). Do they
mean tonight their time (tricking me) or do they mean tonight our time.

BDR

First Grade
Finals are generally on in the 4:30-6:30am timeslot.

I know it was to be expected but I still can't get over how much of a catastrophic f**k up this coverage is. I have watched it all online despite the hassles that brings, I won't justify their shit coverage by watching it for a second.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Finals are generally on in the 4:30-6:30am timeslot.

I know it was to be expected but I still can't get over how much of a catastrophic f**k up this coverage is. I have watched it all online despite the hassles that brings, I won't justify their shit coverage by watching it for a second.

I thought so, but they have so insistent upon it being on "tonight", I was starting to think
they weren't bullshi@#tting me.

Latest posts