What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield Jersey is Black!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
maybe it's just a heritage jersey we'll be using?

1980s_reddy_0.jpg

marty_dragon

Juniors
No it is not a gee up. I was standing at the red V family day behind a bloke that had 5 charity shield jerseys to get signed. Even the players had no idea they were black. They asked the bloke if they were the jerseys for the charity shield. He said yes. It is basically our home jersey but black instead of white.

was he just a normal member? or was he a club official? Reason i ask is, i just rang the club and they told me that the jerseys may not be released to the public till after the game. So i wonder how he got his hands on them ???

also tried to get some info regarding what they may look like and had no luck!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
If true, they'd want to have a damn good charity for doing so. Otherwise it's a disgrace. The club colours are red and white.

Rex Terp

First Grade
If true, they'd want to have a damn good charity for doing so. Otherwise it's a disgrace. The club colours are red and white.

Plenty of famous, traditional clubs around the world wear one off/rare jerseys that arent the 'club colours.' Lets open our minds a little.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Plenty of famous, traditional clubs around the world wear one off/rare jerseys that arent the 'club colours.' Lets open our minds a little.

i agree.. so long as there are still the traditional colours somewhere in the jersey, why not add one or two new colours..

my only caveat, for the love of god please don't send anyone from reebok or the dragons to watch the NHL. ever.

ugly+jersey+7.jpg

Wobbygong

First Grade
I totally agree Rex Terp - for a once a year event, I see nothing wrong from moving away from the traditional strip and colours. Look at the black Man U kit it looks bloody good, although red V on black I reckon could potentially look very ordinary. I'd leave the V off and go for something else. However It is Reebok so god only knows what they'll come up with and they have to fit that St George Foundation sponsor label and still keep it looking half decent.

stg666

Juniors
i'm with willow, red and white IS saint george. not black. bikers correct, they must be tripping.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Oh I get it. Having an opinion is now considered to be closed minded.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hold up...

Didn't a couple of the ANZAC Day jerseys earlier this decade have deep green in them?