What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

charity shield side

stg666

Juniors
on what i saw today my rd 1 team would be
1. DUGAN
2. nightingale [ if thats his side , not sure number wise]
3. mann
4. euey [ go you good thing ]
5. milne [ whatever side nighty isnt on ] that number thing again .
6. widopp
7. marshall
8. leeson
9. havilli [ if he cant play 80 , rein on the bench ]
10. packer
11. thompson
12. cooper
13. de belin
14. creagh
15. mc carthy
16. lui ???
17. mathews
milne is in my team because . lui was strong and can play different roles , and i thought havilli was very good . frizz comes straight back in to lock when fit .
feel free to pick and choose .

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Mate I know it's a trial and you blokes were ambushed and out enthused by a young hungry team. Our young squad treated this game like a final whereas your team treated it as a trial. I read nothing into these games and the biggest win was no injuries on both sides

Have to agree.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Mate I know it's a trial and you blokes were ambushed and out enthused by a young hungry team. Our young squad treated this game like a final whereas your team treated it as a trial. I read nothing into these games and the biggest win was no injuries on both sides

:clap:

Objective and accurate Big Man

See you in round 3

Re Lafai, Hutch, Rein...

I told you so.

The Mary titty twisters need to lift the veil of mediocrity from their eyes.

#LetAitkenPlay

Straight Shooter

Re Lafai, Hutch, Rein...

I told you so.

The Mary titty twisters need to lift the vale of mediocrity from their eyes.

#LetAitkenPlay

Straight Shooter

Gotta disagree as to Lafai and Rein. Neither played badly.

Aitken's form may see Duges play full back.

Mann is considered by Mary as a top 13 player so he will be slotted in somewhere.

Peter M will need to lift to get a wing spot.

McCrone was more constructive than Hutch, however in my view we need to persevere with Hutch next week as his error rate is probably due him trying too hard.

Flo will play on one wing. The other wing position is very much up for grabs.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

Couldn't have put it any better myself, you dead right we treated it for what it is a trial....taking nothing away from your young blokes except for a few drop balls they were very keen....like you nothing really is learnt from these early trials.....already we see some on here with the knives out.....if they arnt performing say after 2 or 3 rounds in then they can start honing the blades ..until then lets wait and see what some of our new faces (and old) come up with.

Couldn't have put it any better myself, you dead right we treated it for what it is a trial....taking nothing away from your young blokes except for a few drop balls they were very keen....like you nothing really is learnt from these early trials.....already we see some on here with the knives out.....if they arnt performing say after 2 or 3 rounds in then they can start honing the blades ..until then lets wait and see what some of our new faces (and old) come up with.

I predict it will take 4-6 weeks before the combinations click.

In the meantime, see no reason to pull the knives out till at least round 4, by which time am sure Mary will start to drop players who have not performed.

Very happy with what I saw of Packer. It took 4 in a tackle to bring him done. Strong metres carrying the pill and solid in defence. He is going to be the leader of the pack.

Liked the look of Dunamis Lui, Matthews and McCarthy as well.

duck

Juniors
Ok. Impressed with Mann, Milne, Packer.
Most of the others; meh.
Disappointed in Rein, Lafai and Hutchinson.

Having said that it's only a trial and they looked like they thought, hey it's just a trial. Not reaching for the razor blades by any stretch.

TheRev

First Grade
Milne has to be there some where.
He was the 1 highlight for me today, I thought he was a forward, he was massive, palmed off a defender.. then I realised he was playing centre and it was Milne.. flick pass for a try.. just hope he can defend.. he has to earn his spot but he will get one.. looks a gun.

I was excited about the Lafai signing and too be fare he wasn't given any sort of quality ball to attack but perhaps the Dogs knew something no one else did in letting him go and spending more on Hoppa.. He looks extremely unfit, not physique wise but energy wise.
It was no secret, dogs fans were here saying that after 2014 and injury he never got it back & he cant defend.. I thought it was sour grapes but he was way worse than I could have imagined, he was in slow motion, like he was disinterested too.. only 1 moment did he kick into another gear but not nearly good enough, 2 tries were his direct mistakes and they were fundamental simple defensive reads.. if he wants to restart his career he will have to do it from the cutters imo, Aitkens spot to lose imo.

bottle

Coach
A prominent Sydney liar is jubilant tonight, Saints lost a trial game.

If Lafai can't put in a better showing Aitken will get first dibs, simple. I was for signing Lafai and have been a fan, but tonight's performance, albeit with limited opps, was uninspiring. He needs to step up big time from that effort.

Liked Packer's effort, liked some glimpses from Mann, liked Havili (what a unit). We badly need Gaz to be there. Hutch wasn't great. The bloke's only 20 and this was his third hit out with the adults, jury still out. But he's not at NRL level yet for sure.
And need a halfback or someone to organise. Surely it has to be Gaz, because it ain't Benji.

Hutchison needs more time to develop thats very clear.

Benji is at the end of his career and he wants to play another 2 or 3 years i sure as hell hope its not at the Dragons.

McCrone why both he should be moved to the SL and just give Nona or Wallace ago hell even Crook should at least been given some type of go last year just to determine if he truly wasn't good enough.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Rev ...Milne is a gun . Hope Mary gives him a chance to start next week . He is a right side player and will nail the wing position if he is given just half the chance Peter M has been . Lafai doesn't look half the player Aitken does at the moment and Havili is all over Rein for the hooking spot .

Latest posts