What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheaters never prosper

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
They don't have to say "I approve of what the club did". It's implied and presupposed with all the bile and bullshit the Storm fans make towards the NRL and Gallop.

obviously the storm scum don't say it because they don't even realise that's what they're doing. They don't have the intelligence or basic understanding to grasp their own bullshit

your so full of it...

LESStar58

Referee
So in the mean time the fans who have accepted the club did the wrong thing have to put up with low life scumbags who have nothing else in life but laughing at other people's misfortune?

Awesome logic bro. :?

@warriors: cracking game, hope the GF is as good!

That's what life is mate; laughing at the misfortunes of others. I do it all the time. Just cop it with good grace dude.

LESStar58

Referee
But I feel sorry for the fans who have to come on here and deal with this shit after a heartbreaking loss.

Its called 'life'' mate. I think all fans expect a certain amount of animosity regardless of who they are, who they play, who they lose to etc.

LESStar58

Referee
Chalk and Cheese. Yours was a zillion times bigger.

Chalk and cheese? I'm sorry but IIRC the "line in the sand" drawn by Gallop in 2002 after the Dogs cap drama was that if a team exceeded the cap by 200k there would be sanctions.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Chalk and cheese? I'm sorry but IIRC the "line in the sand" drawn by Gallop in 2002 after the Dogs cap drama was that if a team exceeded the cap by 200k there would be sanctions.

Like losing 4 competition points and getting a massive fine?

Bananabender

Juniors
Great win by the Warriors. I thought the Storm would win as they usually do so it was out of this world to see them lose. Makes for a good GF now.

Cammo

Bench
Hmmm, one week before Grand Final and so much hate. I just don't get people's obsession with hating a sports team. Supporting one I understand, but hating one so much (like they murdered a member of your family or something) I just fail to grasp for some reason

LESStar58

Referee
Like losing 4 competition points and getting a massive fine?

Exactly. The penalties handed down to the Warriors were obviously indicative of the severity of the offense. Same with Storm last year, same with Dogs in 2002. Let's say a disgruntled ex-Dragons, Eagles or Broncos employee comes forward and says "I have proof that the club breached the cap by 200k thet year they won the premiership". I'd certainly expect the penalty to match the crime. If that means stripping premierships or massive fines then so be it.

Leaving myself wide open here but I don't differentiate between a 200k breach and one million dollar breach. As soon as you break that 200k' ceiling then you are fair game if you get busted. There's no "chalk and cheese" when it comes to cheating. Once you are over 200k you are doing just that.

hitman82

Bench
Hmmm, one week before Grand Final and so much hate. I just don't get people's obsession with hating a sports team. Supporting one I understand, but hating one so much (like they murdered a member of your family or something) I just fail to grasp for some reason

Sport would be nothing without hate.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
nice to see Cam Smith had no answers for the press conference, he just couldn't accept the fact that they had lost and wouldn't be in the grand final

he still oozes arrogance even when he loses

thommo4pm

Coach
nice to see Cam Smith had no answers for the press conference, he just couldn't accept the fact that they had lost and wouldn't be in the grand final

he still oozes arrogance even when he loses

It's beautiful isn't it?

He got away with a nice little elbow to the face of one of the Warriors players again last night.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Exactly. The penalties handed down to the Warriors were obviously indicative of the severity of the offense. Same with Storm last year, same with Dogs in 2002. Let's say a disgruntled ex-Dragons, Eagles or Broncos employee comes forward and says "I have proof that the club breached the cap by 200k thet year they won the premiership". I'd certainly expect the penalty to match the crime. If that means stripping premierships or massive fines then so be it.

Leaving myself wide open here but I don't differentiate between a 200k breach and one million dollar breach. As soon as you break that 200k' ceiling then you are fair game if you get busted. There's no "chalk and cheese" when it comes to cheating. Once you are over 200k you are doing just that.

Fair enough. But where did the 200k figure come from?

Spot On

Coach
...Are there any Melbourne fans here, (or other team fans) saying the Warriors weren't incredible?ll

lol@Cliffhanger.

A little amused at people suggesting the Storm weren't at their best. They were fine just outplayed by a much better team with a stronger line up across the park. The Bellamy nuffy brigade played to and beyond their potential all season, including last night. They lost last night but that's what you get when you have to abide by a salary cap. A team with a few good quality players and a lot of average players. It's a lot harder to make and win GF's every year when you don't have up to 17 origin and test players in your squad. Welcome to reality.