What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cherry Evans backflips on the Titans

Will Cherry-Evans reputation ever recover?

• Yes, everyone will forgive and forget

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • No, he will always be a merkin

Votes: 91 71.7%

• Total voters

t-ba

Post Whore
It's a stupid system, if you've signed with someone then it should be a concrete contract.
Would eliminating singing during the season fix this? Or just make it so when you sign with a club its a done deal, can't back out before round 13?

Honestly, some kind of trade and draft system at seasons end would make sense.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
He's played a total of 6 NRL games since he re-signed so I'm not sure what has changed so drastically in that time.

He wasnt off contract, he was signed for 2015, broncs got in early and extended.

Anyway, the trolls succeeding in derailing so we may as well drop it.

mokn

Juniors
They shouldn't be allowed to sign with another club while still contracted to their current club. Sort it all out in the off season.

MightyMoo

Juniors
Who knows? It's what was reported when he signed, which is all we have to go on since salaries are not made public.

What's Milford suppose to be on? And McCullough? Boyd's suppose to be $600k. $400k for Hunt seems cheap.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
They shouldn't be allowed to sign with another club while still contracted to their current club. Sort it all out in the off season.

Agreed, but the players won't have it. Everyone else can move interstate for a job but pur divas need 9 months notice.

t-ba

Post Whore
Plus it would be really glorious to shove it right in the faces of the 'we built this place' geniuss that have spent the last year shitting on this club.

insert.pause

First Grade
After the saga of his negotiations and all the criticism he copped for it, including from Manly, it is truly unbelievable he would turn around and backflip on the Titans. If it's true his reputation for being selfish is well deserved.

nick87

Coach
I couldnt give a single f**k what Hunt is on
If the Broncos got him cheap, or are paying him extras on TPAs, or paper bags, so be it. Zero f**ks given, Sezer for 500k is a great deal for the Raiders and we need that deal to stand up

So DCE needs to stop f**king about and just stay the god damn course

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...-gold-coast-deal/story-fnj9yd9w-1227306811912

Daly Cherry Evans’ manager assures Titans star half won’t backflip on Gold Coast deal

The Daily Telegraph
April 16, 2015 7:54PM

UPDATE: Titans boss Graham Annesley says he has been assured star half Daly Cherry-Evans has no intention of backing out of his Gold Coast deal.

Annesley spoke to Cherry-Evans’ manager Gavin Orr, who denied the Manly star was rethinking his four-year multimillion-dollar deal to join the Titans in 2016.

“At 7.30pm this evening — an hour and a half after the story broke — I’ve spoken to Gavin Orr who is Daly Cherry-Evans’ manager and he’s informed me he’d spoken to Daly Cherry-Evans and he assured me there’s nothing to the story,’’ Annesley said.

The Titans and fans were sent into a spin after reports on Channel 9 that Cherry-Evans was having second thoughts about heading to Queensland next season.

Under NRL rules, the star has until Round 13 to back out of the deal, which is not yet legally binding.

But in a fillip for the Titans, Annesley has been assured the Mackay product does not have cold feet.

Diesel

Referee
If he backflips it just goes to show the power that Sydney has over non-Sydney clubs. You only have to listen to the shit by certain channel 9 commentators or Matty Johns about how RTS is screwed going to the Warriors yet they overlook how many kick on from the u20's or kick start their careers at NZ.
I hope for GC and clubs outside of Sydney that these rumours aren't true, especially since the GC has let Sezer go to Canberra