What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club jerseys 2008

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Through the magic of RL2 here's a rough peek at how some of the away jerseys will look in 2008:

croawayonfield.jpg

newcawayonfield.jpg

stormonfieldaway.jpg

skeepe

Immortal
Had the pleasure of seeing all 16 home strips at the 100 years of rugby league exhibition at the National Museum. Broncos looks woeful, but I have to say I like the Cowboys jersey a lot more than I thought I would. Looks awsome in the flesh, as it were.

Dogs jersey looked wierd, pretty much the same colours I guess but some wierd panels with holes in them around the arms/shoulders. Knights was atrocious.

Timmah

Staff member
They're gripping panels, a close look shows (I'm pretty sure) that Brisbane have them too. We had them last year also. The replica sold in shops doesn't have the grip pads though.

skeepe

Immortal
Frederick said:
Surprise, surprise :roll:

I'm sorry, but it was. Those red bits just don't look good. From the angle I saw it it looks like they stick out also - like they were put on top of the all blue jersey. It just looks messy.

Frederick

Staff member
The red bits do stick out slightly cause the fabric inbetween them is different to the rest of the jersey, so the red strips are holding it all together.

EDIT: Well, that's how it looks to me looking at the jersey right now.

macavity

Referee
skeepe said:
I'm sorry, but it was. Those red bits just don't look good. From the angle I saw it it looks like they stick out also - like they were put on top of the all blue jersey. It just looks messy.

ours looks fantastic on the players, and is the best quality in the NRL construction wise.

canbraas, meanwhile, is utterly ruined by that sponsor.

Karmawave

Bench
In the near future, all the NRL teams will wear the KOOGA jerseys that the Knights are wearing.

They are lighter than any other jersey, have better gripping than any other jersey and absorb 25% less water than any other jersey.

That is why Kooga make the jerseys for pretty much every English Superleague team.

They are simply that good, and the Knights so far are the only Aussie team to adopt it.

yet...

Timmah

Staff member
The Knights jersey initially put me off but I actually quite like it. Very nice looking.

skeepe

Immortal
macavity said:
canbraas, meanwhile, is utterly ruined by that sponsor.

Won't find any arguments from me there. The CFMEU logo is nicely worked in to all our other merchandise, why can't they do it on the jersey?

The Tank

Bench
Karmawave said:
In the near future, all the NRL teams will wear the KOOGA jerseys that the Knights are wearing.

They are lighter than any other jersey, have better gripping than any other jersey and absorb 25% less water than any other jersey.

That is why Kooga make the jerseys for pretty much every English Superleague team.

They are simply that good, and the Knights so far are the only Aussie team to adopt it.

yet...

Five out of 12 are made by Kooga.

McCrud

Juniors
skeepe said:
Won't find any arguments from me there. The CFMEU logo is nicely worked in to all our other merchandise, why can't they do it on the jersey?

The Raiders away jersey is very nice IMO. The sponsor's logo is integrated into the jersey very well.

Don't think us Broncos fans are going to be so lucky with our away version however. :(

Shorty

Staff member
The Knights jerseys look awesome.
I'm with Beave,I like our colours but the design just irks me,I will stay buy it though.

I know it may have said a while back but does anyone know if we're getting a new Aus jersey...I'd expect so being the centenary year and all?

Timmah

Staff member
I doubt they'd tinker with the design tbh... Gold double vee on deep green is an ARL institution.

Latest posts