What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Power Rankings preseason 2019

Front-Rower

First Grade
4 Micheal Maguire - One of the most impressive young coaches in the game. Knows how to win a comp but what he can do with the Tigers lineup remains to be seen. The real judgement will be 2020-2021 when he's had time and a stronger hand in recruitment.

Number 4 lol wants to play Benji in the centres and a 35 year old at dummy half. But then again I suppose he has to tow the company line by having these two in first grade for marketing purposes.

Big Pete

Referee
I do challenge the value of turning rookies in to rep players as a metric for this unless the coach recruited them which doesn't really happen in this day and age. Bellamy started the same year as Smith, Slater and Cronk and I can't imagine they wouldn't have been stars wherever and whomever they landed under. Same with Folau and GI. A lot of the other names under Bellamy are more impressive because some of them went elsewhere and never played rep footy again.

The issue is that everyone has a different idea of who falls under that star category. Instead of just making up my own criteria, I went with the most agreeable and consistent approach. As far as those players you listed are concerned, Cronk didn't debut until 2004 and wasn't a halfback when Bellamy arrived. Cronk spent a fair portion of his Intrust Super Cup career playing Lock and Centre, it wasn't until 2006 he emerged as a halfback and took everyone by surprise.

Also, I disagree with the recruitment comment. If that's the case, you may as well ignore the first year of every coach's tenure at a new club because they don't have the freedom to put their roster together. That way of thinking ignores any youth policies a new coach may employ where they blood a bunch of players looking towards the future.

Worth noting also that Robbo still has a chance to add to that list from his first 6 seasons with the likes of Radley, Matterson, O'Sullivan, Momorovski etc. although not sure if you included in Bellamy's list players who debuted under him in that period and later went on to rep duties?

I took that into account which is why Will Chambers, Kevin Proctor & Dane Nielsen weren't considered for the Storm. I think you're being very optimistic with O'Sullivan and Momirovski, but time will tell.

Dr Sbaitso

Juniors
Strong opinions about long time members for a bloke who joined on f**king friday ay
Haha sorry mate. You use your actual name on an open forum & don’t expect to cop a bit of shit???You don’t have any mates that’d jump on here & take the piss out of you?

The Rosco

Bench
Why does it seem to be Alts who are most keen to point the finger at other alts?

Clone wars?
SBD, It all depends on how you see them manifesting themselves.
I'd be guessing that Albert, or Stevo, or whoever walks in with the car keys is the leader . . . or puppeteer.
He opens the special sock drawer, bobs down behind the lounge and starts a sock puppet discussion on something vaguely involving the roosters. Or France.
They'd have voodoo doll-esque miniatures of all us protagonists. Probs a few pairs of them no-show socks. One defs for me, because apparently I'm a racist homophobe degenerate.
There would be a furious sock duck pecking session, followed by a quick LU visit to "like" each other's posts. Then a quick Uber eats from macca's, followed by the nightly replay of the 2018 GF.
A quick flog, then off to bed.
So, I reckon it's sock wars, not clone wars. Or, being the gracious folk we are . . . we can compromise and call it either slone wars, or cock wars. Whatever one you think sounds apt. EDIT: The mods lent me 2 asterixes, sorry boys.

SBD82

Coach
SBD, It all depends on how you see them manifesting themselves.
I'd be guessing that Albert, or Stevo, or whoever walks in with the car keys is the leader . . . or puppeteer.
He opens the special sock drawer, bobs down behind the lounge and starts a sock puppet discussion on something vaguely involving the roosters. Or France.
They'd have voodoo doll-esque miniatures of all us protagonists. Probs a few pairs of them no-show socks. One defs for me, because apparently I'm a racist homophobe degenerate.
There would be a furious sock duck pecking session, followed by a quick LU visit to "like" each other's posts. Then a quick Uber eats from macca's, followed by the nightly replay of the 2018 GF.
A quick flog, then off to bed.
So, I reckon it's sock wars, not clone wars. Or, being the gracious folk we are . . . we can compromise and call it either slone wars, or c**k wars. Whatever one you think sounds apt. EDIT: The mods lent me 2 asterixes, sorry boys.
Jesus. We are hitting peak sock puppet. This is some sort of altception shit.

Napa?
Isn’t he the dude who allegedly sticks his own fingers up his bum?

Jake Friend was playing first grade for the Roosters 3 years before Robinson arrived.

Aubusson was there for about 6 years.

Latrell is a great player
They compare him to the great Greg Inglis
You know the bloke Bellamy signed as a kid.

You were the one accusing the Roosters of just buying players (go and re-read your post). You didn't mention Robinson at all and that it applied since he'd been there. By the way, love how people forget he was on the coaching staff in 2010.

carcharias

Immortal
You were the one accusing the Roosters of just buying players (go and re-read your post). You didn't mention Robinson at all and that it applied since he'd been there. By the way, love how people forget he was on the coaching staff in 2010.

Nup
You should’ve worked it out.

I can’t be explaining everything to every single one of you knobs.
I’m a busy man.

The Rosco

Bench
Is Rosco one of mine?
I lose track.
Funny, Adam . . . I don't particularly see Albert in you.
But you multi personality types can easily fool us.
Maybe if you renounced your love of the roosters, we might change our view. Coz the whole forum thinks you're Albert . . . you DO know that ?

Nup
You should’ve worked it out.

I can’t be explaining everything to every single one of you knobs.
I’m a busy man.

What?! Use of the english language and comprehension skills is beyond you? Sorry, but less than 0.001% of people have any potential for ESP, so I can't seek them out to read your mind for what you meant because your post was so general and imprecise :p

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
As a grammar nazi, I can't let this slip

Your choice of handle confirms this

Google is your friend you silly c**k waffle

Quality over quantity
You are making Hitler likable and I'm conflicted about that.

Let's run with it and see how it pans out. Can't be as bad as last time, surely.