What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching preference for 2024

What are you hoping for in our next coaching appointment?

• Rookie Coach

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Premiership Winning Coach

Votes: 105 72.4%
  • NRL Experience coach with no Premiership wins

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Coach from Overseas

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Extend Current coach

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

Exsilium

First Grade
It’s good to see fans of other clubs taking a keen interest in the coaching developments and accompanying drama at SGI.

The club is in the box seat for Rylesy as we type.

I just hope it doesn’t capitulate to his managers rubbish.

I have a massive soft spot for the Dragons. When they are on fire, RL is just a better product.

I even wear the old Penfolds Red V jersey and it has this nostalgic value to me.

We want a competition that has the likes of the Bulldogs, Dragons and Tigers doing well. League is nothing without legacy and the Dragons need to find their way, get their shit together and it will be for the benefit of the game.

I have a massive soft spot for the Dragons. When they are on fire, RL is just a better product.

I even wear the old Penfolds Red V jersey and it has this nostalgic value to me.

We want a competition that has the likes of the Bulldogs, Dragons and Tigers doing well. League is nothing without legacy and the Dragons need to find their way, get their shit together and it will be for the benefit of the game.

I agree.

Every club is unique and has different characteristics and challenges.

The sgi forum is all about exploring the forensic detail of what it takes to “get the shit together.”

They have the fundamentals of an emerging side, they are not without hope, but everyone has a view to get them back into success!

You’re one of the marquee Lu posters, they should be quite pleased to have you aboard.

jak

Bench

you mean back when it was a game, and could watch all three grades have a warm pie a drink and take your change home from your ten bucks

Maddragon99

Juniors
The Roosters are clearly a business first. Their product is the footy team. If you’re with them they own you. Conversely, if they don’t own you then you can’t be with them.
That‘s fair enough for a business but I genuinely believe that rugby league has a curious tribalism as its essence, and therefore, as a long-term strategy allowing the business ethos to dominate is unsustainable.
Saints need to restore the tribal identity first and the business success will take care of itself. The team is the product, that’s true, but it can only be ‘manufactured’ up to a point; it’s not until it has the ‘belief’ installed, as a team, club, managers, supporters, board, that it comes alive and starts making real rugby league happen.
This is what I love about this sport and Saints.
Seams to me that Ryles is being used a scapegoat by Robbo to justify their poor season so they want him out. I see a lot of upside with Ryles I’m very comfortable with him being given the keys. Sure there are risks but risk also brings rewards.

Like everyone else I couldn’t give a rats about the chooks but it’s great to see them squirm for once. Ryles wants out Suaalii wants out, love it!

Mojo

Bench
I agree.

Every club is unique and has different characteristics and challenges.

The sgi forum is all about exploring the forensic detail of what it takes to “get the shit together.”

They have the fundamentals of an emerging side, they are not without hope, but everyone has a view to get them back into success!

You’re one of the marquee Lu posters, they should be quite pleased to have you aboard.
Fair enough - except Saints are anything but an 'emerging side'. We have 102 years of history at the top level of the game and have been premiers or runners up for about 30% of that time. We may be sorting ourselves out since the JV was formed but I'm sure our competitors will be surprised in the very near future. To quote Bob Dylan: 'we ain't dead, just asleep' - and you know what happens when a dragon wakes up after a long sleep.

Fair enough - except Saints are anything but an 'emerging side'. We have 102 years of history at the top level of the game and have been premiers or runners up for about 30% of that time. We may be sorting ourselves out since the JV was formed but I'm sure our competitors will be surprised in the very near future. To quote Bob Dylan: 'we ain't dead, just asleep' - and you know what happens when a dragon wakes up after a long sleep.

I was referring to the current side, not the clubs but I get it.

Us joint ventures should get all our premierships back.

It’s a respect thing.

I’ve heard a few Tigers fans come up to me over the last week saying how good it was to watch the Dragons beat the Chooks, and how exciting that last minute try was.

Then they say “and the Tigers are flying”

Then you woke up!

As you made your way downstairs, there was Mary crashed out wearing a purple wig and Matty Elliot lecturing the cat on what a good guy he is.

ruthless dragon

Juniors
I have some doubts regarding Ryles as a coach, I hope I am wrong.
A couple of Questions.
Did Ryles ever Captain St George Dragons and how did it go results etc?

Bellamy, Bennett and probably Cleary are Masters at Man management probably the key to being successful, does anyone have an idea on Ryles man management skills?

Illusion

Bench
I have some doubts regarding Ryles as a coach, I hope I am wrong.
A couple of Questions.
Did Ryles ever Captain St George Dragons and how did it go results etc?

Bellamy, Bennett and probably Cleary are Masters at Man management probably the key to being successful, does anyone have an idea on Ryles man management skills?
Have said the same , that was definitely one of 🪝's downfalls .........