What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching preference for 2024

What are you hoping for in our next coaching appointment?

• Rookie Coach

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Premiership Winning Coach

Votes: 105 72.4%
  • NRL Experience coach with no Premiership wins

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Coach from Overseas

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Extend Current coach

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

justadragon

Bench
Attitude is one of the biggest problems at the club. Ryles has been at two clubs that don't tolerate nonsense (apart from the Roosters this year for some reason who are happy to let their players walk all over them). He's also worked with international rugby teams. I hope he puts EVERYONE on notice. Even if that includes juniors, a crap attitude just shouldn't be tolerated anymore at the club
Totally agree KW, plus get rid of this sense of entitlement, the club doesn't owe you anything !!! YOU owe the club, the members , the supporters and most of all the jumper. If thats not the way you feel, then piss off.

justadragon

Bench
Yep, Ryles will be right at home in more ways than one. Even though he will be classed a rookie coach, what I like is that his career started on the South Coast so it won't take him too long to "re-acclimatise" to the area and during the rest of 2023 should be able to check out most of the Illawarra and Kogarah District's footy clubs and their juniors coming through the systems.

For some reason there has been really no mention by the club of Hasler being in the mix and for that matter Flanagan and therefore I think that they have had Ryles as their first choice for a while but giving others who were interested to apply. The club wants to go the way that Fitzy, Ciraldo, Webster etc have. I feel that Ryles has laid out all his cards on the negotiating table and said that "this is what I want - term, money, support staff take it or leave it or come back with something not too far from what I want and I will give you this and that and these to bring the club out of the problems it has endured for so long".

I suppose Ryles would need to get to know Ryan Carr and Ben Woolf more and maybe get them to try a few things.

So going from all of the recent media stuff it would seem that Ryles will be the head coach of the Dragons but I'll be still waiting for confirmation on the Dragons' website.
Yep Agree with you Dave, and for all we know maybe Hasler and Flanagan knocked us back, even though Flanagan said he wasnt contacted, what to believe , who to believe. I think you are correct, they have been chasing Ryles right from the start.

jak

Bench
Attitude is one of the biggest problems at the club. Ryles has been at two clubs that don't tolerate nonsense (apart from the Roosters this year for some reason who are happy to let their players walk all over them). He's also worked with international rugby teams. I hope he puts EVERYONE on notice. Even if that includes juniors, a crap attitude just shouldn't be tolerated anymore at the club
as for the roosters i think robbo has just about reached his used by date.

justadragon

Bench
One of the benefits of Ryles being appointed is that Gus said it wouldn’t happen. Surely Gus couldn’t be wrong about something ? Will look forward to his dribble about why he was wrong but he probably won’t even mention it
Yep looking forward to it as well, priceless, but knowing Gus he will just say , yep I'm wrong it was just a hunch !!!

Dragon David

First Grade
One of the benefits of Ryles being appointed is that Gus said it wouldn’t happen. Surely Gus couldn’t be wrong about something ? Will look forward to his dribble about why he was wrong but he probably won’t even mention it.
Poker face Gould. I wonder what stuff he will bring up in his columns and TV/podcasts he is on once the new coach is confirmed. He relishes this stuff and is always ready to pounce and criticise and poo poo things. He is never wrong in his eyes.

SAP58

Juniors
Yep Agree with you Dave, and for all we know maybe Hasler and Flanagan knocked us back, even though Flanagan said he wasnt contacted, what to believe , who to believe. I think you are correct, they have been chasing Ryles right from the start.
Who knows what the true story is, but not listening to the jurno’s from News Limited is a good start. It has been suggested our first choice when Hook was appointed was Fitzgibbon & he knocked us back, too big a task. If we get Ryles & he was always our first choice the reason we are successful this time around is maybe because of a new Board Member ? Ben Creagh ? he adds a lot more credibility to our Board IMO.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Hopefully Ryles will be an improvement on the last 3.....tbh I'm not convinced but I guess as per usual as supporters we have very little choice....4 years is a concern in particular if he is a flop....guess I sound negative but it reminds me of the McGregor years all over again......my biggest worry is as head coach will he attract some marquee players and if so will we end up paying overs for their services.....I hope Im wrong but only time will tell

Hopefully Ryles will be an improvement on the last 3.....tbh I'm not convinced but I guess as per usual as supporters we have very little choice....4 years is a concern in particular if he is a flop....guess I sound negative but it reminds me of the McGregor years all over again......my biggest worry is as head coach will he attract some marquee players and if so will we end up paying overs for their services.....I hope Im wrong but only time will tell

Yeah, but Mary was a special case.

Try’s from kicks and who could forget his excuse about you winning if the playing field was shorter.

Then he came back from his junket with bj and tried to convince everyone you were rookies again.

Now of course, he’s second or third in line to coach NSW.

He’s untouchable!

Latest posts