What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching preference for 2024

What are you hoping for in our next coaching appointment?

• Rookie Coach

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Premiership Winning Coach

Votes: 105 72.4%
  • NRL Experience coach with no Premiership wins

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Coach from Overseas

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Extend Current coach

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
For better or worse it’s Jason, so all eyes to his team now as he can’t do it all on his own.

It was Bennett who spoke a few years ago about the modern game and the importance of the coaching and office team. A handful of people has now grown into a small army.

Next up would be Richo I think to contribute across a broad range of roles and help with appointments.

I agree with giving Jason full support as I did with Hook.

If I was appointed coach, I’d book out the taj and get everyone together. Speeches and meet people. Members and fans, mutual greetings.

Get peoples views on stuff, sign autographs.

And a coaching ceremony where I receive the gear, like a player.

And swear I will do my best for the club.

Most important, be humble and grateful for the opportunity. I liked that about Hook.

None of this “me” business.

He’s here to serve. Bring the club together.

Free food and soft drinks.

Last edited:

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
Our football club is a mirror image of the St.George Leagues Club.It is TIRED, it lacks NEW IDEAS, it is GOING NOWHERE And it needs to be DEMOLISHED It is time to hand in its licence to participate as an NRL Franchise.
. They are wasting our time to follow the joint venture.What a bloody mess.

Well Jason Ryles has punted this club for the Storm. Dont blame him to be brutally honest. We are a basket case, cellar dwellars, not a lot to entice any one here. So who do we look at now to take over from Griffin. Will the BOD take a punt on Ryan Carr if his results warrant it or do we keep looking outside the club.

Illusion

Bench
Our football club is a mirror image of the St.George Leagues Club.It is TIRED, it lacks NEW IDEAS, it is GOING NOWHERE And it needs to be DEMOLISHED It is time to hand in its licence to participate as an NRL Franchise.
. They are wasting our time to follow the joint venture.What a bloody mess.
Even Woodsy on NRL 360 said the club is not as one , Illwarra side and the St Goerge , so how can they be successful ........ ?

The names of John Morris and Mick Potter have been bandied about since the announcement. Morris had two not too shabby years with the Sharkies, made finals both years while Potter has a longer but not as successful coaching career here and in England. His crowning glory was his two seasons with St Helens in 2009/10 with a 72% win loss record, 62% Fiji 2016/17. Best effort in the NRL is a mediocre 36% with the Dogs as an interim '22/'23.

Last edited:

Murfy

Juniors
I agree appoint Richo and Brown and leave Carr there until a quality coach comes along. Who knows Carr might turn out OK
The board won’t allow Richo to come in. He’s said he has a specific formula that clubs must run by to be successful. If he came in a lot of high profile individuals within the club and the board would lose their jobs/ power. These individuals are all acting in their best interest to protect themselves at the detriment of our club

Even Woodsy on NRL 360 said the club is not as one , Illwarra side and the St Goerge , so how can they be successful ........ ?
Wonder if the other joint venture Wests Tigers has these same internal problems as us and their fans too are calling their club a basket case and want change. When I watch the St George teams running around in junior reps I am proud and long for the good old days, do the traditional Wests and Tigers fans feel the same. Betting they do on both counts.

The board won’t allow Richo to come in. He’s said he has a specific formula that clubs must run by to be successful. If he came in a lot of high profile individuals within the club and the board would lose their jobs/ power. These individuals are all acting in their best interest to protect themselves at the detriment of our club
Most are businessmen and know how to wheel and deal for their self interest. Surely there has to be a referee within the NRL that can stamp out this egotism and nepotism when it is obviously hurting the smooth running of a club. Or are we living in fantasy land to think that.

Last edited:
Ryles can repay every red cent the club has spent engaging with him.

He can the mow lawn down there the hard way and end up as Bellamy’s puppet.

I can tell him now, he’s going to be a lamb to the slaughter following Bellamy.

The good news is that the club can now get a veteran replacement a lot of us wanted originally before being swept up with Ryles.

Maybe it was the fifth year avarice.

SGI is not for sale.

Jim Dragons

Juniors
Omfg Ryles you bastard turncoat.

You footy whoring s**t.

f**k you.
From the moment ryles was mentioned and then all but announced; a lil bit of me wondered if ryles had those 1%'er attributes to be a class leader. To let this run its course and then pull out for an obvious shoe in to the Storm job displays all of ryles class. Maybe we dodged a bullet here. I still say that Flanno has the ability to pull everyone together (and indeed l believe that he would see that as the number one priority). It certainly places us open to another 6 weeks of criticism from those know-all media types. Crawley was kicking us for signing ryles last night... no doubt tomorrow night he will give it to us for not signing him.

Latest posts