What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching preference for 2024

What are you hoping for in our next coaching appointment?

• Rookie Coach

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Premiership Winning Coach

Votes: 105 72.4%
  • NRL Experience coach with no Premiership wins

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Coach from Overseas

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Extend Current coach

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

Parko1310

Juniors
Didnt give me pedo vibes
It was more arranged marraige/control vibes

They best pull their fingers out
signing season has begun
Signing season begun well before November last year in fairness. Any club with any idea was talking to agents before the window opened up to sign players coming off contract at the end of 23'. As usual, the Dragons have well and truly missed the boat

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Rumour has it the BOD took a full month to decide on what the biscuit of choice was for their meetings. Split down the middle between Tim Tams or Iced Vo Vos.
The casting vote went with Beril the tea lady and she went with the Vo Vos because the stripe reminded her of the red V
What? Over Tim Tams; no wonder our talent assessment has been so poor.

No issue - just pedantic - it is ambiguous - implying you like dead pedos - ewww!.

If one likes dead pedos, one hates live pedos.

Albert liked young Finch who was pretending to like pedos. That was ewww!.

Candle for Des. There should be some kind of gathering for the Des hopeful outside the club.

Stay of execution by coach!

Last edited:

Lennyb

Juniors
Did I read that correct. The journo is also lawyer. If it is, I will put down a tenner , that he paid his was through uni as a used car salesman.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Did I read that correct. The journo is also lawyer. If it is, I will put down a tenner , that he paid his was through uni as a used car salesman.
Said he was The Sharks lawyer in the ASADA court case.
Darren Kane is a sports and commercial lawyer admitted to practice by the Supreme Court of NSW, High Court of Australia and Supreme Court of England and Wales.

Tuesday gala, do we have a time?

There will be Burt, Webby and new coach at the press conference.

To stop the rumours and scoops, New Coach will have to be ushered into the building wearing a blanket or something so as not to be identified.

Hopefully not trip up on any stairs etc on the way in.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Thanks for the article Coffs dragon.
A very strong argument indeed.
Crystal clear now why this guy hasn't been considered by any other NRL club for a head coaching role.
Certainly clears matters on why there’s been reluctance.
This SMH columnist is no light weight as he is…

Darren Kane​

Principal - Advocatus Lawyers & Consultants​

Story claims he represented the Sharks in the ASADA case, so his opinion is not a cover up or spin.

If it’s flanno, the sporting drink sponsors product placement at the press conference might not get much advertising traction and may have to be done away with.

He’s done his time and all that, but public perceptions are difficult to displace.

Mr Kane does not spare him at all and if he’s right, then I can’t see how Flanno could be appointed. But Flanno should have the right of reply too and I would be open to consider that.

Disturbing and deeply troubling article it is.

And theres a lot of room on the table for other products to be showcased and endorsed.

Des resolves these issues.

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
If one likes dead pedos, one hates live pedos.

Albert liked young Finch who was pretending to like pedos. That was ewww!.

Candle for Des. There should be some kind of gathering for the Des hopeful outside the club.

Stay of execution by coach!
Of course, I'm having a laugh with the words - not the crime.
Living or dead, no normal person likes people who commit such acts.
Everyone agrees regarding Albert's outrageous lack of judgment.

56to66

Juniors
Oh really now, the parasites are out to play.
Shane Flanagan should be Coach!
Its interesting we have imposters on every level!!

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
From today’s media print and certainly seems why Doust is anti Flanno
Yes, well, that's been my argument all along re Flanno - except I changed my mind on reflection, recently, because I've satisfied myself (in desperation I think) that Flanno would have to be 'squeaky clean' and uber-careful if he returns to a head coach role.

However, this is a real problem:

"The NRL’s statement concluded by saying Flanagan “has been told the NRL will give no consideration to expediting his return to a head coaching role beyond today’s decision”. And that’s where matters rest. Above the line, at least."

It could be saying the NRL wouldn't be letting him come back to a HC role very soon after the decision (ie; not expediting). It could also be interpreted as saying that the NRL won't ever tolerate Flanno as a head coach again. We could find ourselves in a situation of appointing him only for the NRL to kibosh it ie; yet more delay and embarrassment. Presumably, if StGI wish to appoint Flanno, they will have to get the NRL's concurrence beforehand. If the NRL says 'no', which could otherwise be seen as contradicting its previous position, then we'll be back to square one.

It's enough to do your head in. I sincerely hope our BOD and CEO have considered all of this with great diligence.

God I hope they have a really positive announcement about this situation in the very near future. It's gone beyond a joke.

Meanwhile anyway, I reckon Carr is doing OK. Even if he stays in the HC role and they make sweeping changes and great appointments to the recruitment, training and development functions I'd be ecstatic.

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
Mojo….I agree with you. At the end of the day our club needs to display some integrity into the place.
Ryan Carr or Ben Hornby (or) both for me.

56to66

Juniors
Yes, well, that's been my argument all along re Flanno - except I changed my mind on reflection, recently, because I've satisfied myself that Flanno would have to be 'squeaky clean' and uber-careful if he returns to a head coach role.

However, this is a real problem:

"The NRL’s statement concluded by saying Flanagan “has been told the NRL will give no consideration to expediting his return to a head coaching role beyond today’s decision”. And that’s where matters rest. Above the line, at least."

It's saying that the NRL wont tolerate Flanno as a head coach. We could find ourselves in a situation of appointing him, only for the NRL to kibosh it ie; yet more delay and embarrassment. Presumably, if StGI wish to appoint Flanno they will have to get the NRL's concurrence beforehand. If the NRL says 'no', which will contradict its previous position, then we'll be back to square one.

It's enough to do your head in. I sincerely hope our BOD and CEO have considered all of this with great diligence.

God I hope they have a really positive announcement about this situation in the very near future. It's beyond a joke.

Meanwhile anyway, I reckon Carr is doing OK. Even if he stays in the role and they make sweeping changes and great appointments to the recruitment, training and development functions I'd be ecstatic.
Who is the NRL to dictate the Show?
They Forced the greatest club of all time to merge with a hapless two dollar leagues club,
With Zero premierships.
Oh yes, the history of every rugby league club would make the 12 apostles look embarrassing.
Shane Flanagan is the Man!

Mojo

Bench
Mojo….I agree with you. At the end of the day our club needs to display some integrity into the place.
Ryan Carr or Ben Hornby (or) both for me.
I reckon Hornby would be great - based on his stats as an attack coach and the personality he has displayed as a player and also as an assistant coach. I think Hornby, Carr and Woolf would be a good coaching team.

Latest posts