What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commission to outlaw 'shoulder charge'

Should the Shoulder Charge be banned?

• Total voters

chrisD

Coach
It was a f**king high shot you clown.

Since f**king when? Until this season no-one has ever given a f**k about Incidental contact with the head when the first point of contact is good and clean. A few seasons ago JWH caught the point of a shoulder full flush in the face and it wasn't considered a high shot. When did it change? Why did it change? It changed after Inglis got sentenced for what was always otherwise considered a fair shot, and it changed because the DT got into your f**king heads. You merkins wanting to reinvent history and pretend it was always the case can go get f**ked.

betcats

Referee
Your just anti telegraph, your hate for it is clouding your judgement, you are bias.

If the Inglis shot was never considered a high shot until now then the f**king rules should be changed, dont ban it but if u smash a merkin in the head, you should be in trouble.

Edit: I may be wrong but i dont see leading with your shoulder into a blokes face as "Incidental contact".

chrisD

Coach
Inglis didn't smash anyone in the head, he smashed him in the chest. It was incidental contact with the head that had no force, every second tackle has some incidental contact with the head. How a rule could be enforced to stop that is inconceivable.

betcats

Referee
Inglis didn't smash anyone in the head, he smashed him in the chest. It was incidental contact with the head that had no force, every second tackle has some incidental contact with the head. How a rule could be enforced to stop that is inconceivable.

Then we flat out disagree. I am 100 percent that Inglis nailed young in the face, hence Young being out cold before he hit the ground.

I watch a lot of MMA and boxing and ive yet to see a bloke get knocked out cold from a shot to the chest.

Pugzley

Then we flat out disagree. I am 100 percent that Inglis nailed young in the face, hence Young being out cold before he hit the ground.

I watch a lot of MMA and boxing and ive yet to see a bloke get knocked out cold from a shot to the chest.

Inglis hit wasn't high. First contact was the chest with the forearm while the head contacted the bicep due to whiplash. MRC was responding to the histeria from Fagons and News scum.

Inglis' team mate was bringing Young down while Inglis was accelerating still. Young was slowed down while on the break and Inglis hit him forearm first on the chest. Young stopped like a car crash dummy, falling forward and hitting his head on Inglis' bicep. Not high.

chrisD

Coach
I could pause frame many an other legal hit where their face is buried in the tacklers shoulder, it wouldn't change the fact they got nailed elsewhere no more than that pause frame which actually shows the arm to the chest where contact is made.

chrisD

Coach

It's not even close. For starters you can see the contact of his arm with the ball and chest area frames before his head whips forward. His head doesn't snap back from his neck like everyone else who gets smashed in the front of the face, it snaps forward like everyone who gets smashed in the chest. The way his body launches and pivots about his midpoint is clearly not from a head shot, if it's a shot to the face the neck at least starts as the pivot.

Nothing about it but pausing a few frames looks like a head shot.

Hooch

Juniors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdtb-_3MTE

There is chest contact with a lowered arm, but the head contact clearly isnt incidental.

Out of morbid curiosity, how do you think he managed to get knocked out?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/fe...rand-final-dream/story-fndujljl-1226462016588

Coaches say it politely, 'strange' decision.

This bodes poorly for Grant's tenure. No CEO and interfering in operational matters almost immediately (despite his ridiculous claims that he isn't).

It indicates a weak commission that they didnt shut him down on this. I wonder what he will be like once he really beds his power base down.

His choice of CEO will be revealing. He may opt for a puppet.

Stinkler

Juniors
So how many weeks for Pomeroy?
He's been referred to the judiciary.

Is that worse than a Grade 5? Is he looking at 10 weeks?!?

El Diablo

Post Whore
So how many weeks for Pomeroy?
He's been referred to the judiciary.

Is that worse than a Grade 5? Is he looking at 10 weeks?!?

doubt it

i think it takes away the early guilty plea option by going straight to the judiciary

kmav23

Juniors
pretty much decided shoulder charges will be banned.....

based on legal and medical advice...

not a big deal wont be noticed.....when gone...

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
I don't want the game going soft like union (see SBW in union WC final = joke). The shoulder charge should be carefully regulated but accepted. If it goes a little bit of league will die.

kmav23

Juniors
I don't want the game going soft like union (see SBW in union WC final = joke). The shoulder charge should be carefully regulated but accepted. If it goes a little bit of league will die.

there's maybe on average 2 shoulder charges per game.

a ball and all tackle is more effective.

the lawyers and doctors have spoken.

beave

Coach
The only thing wrong with that hit on JT yesterday was it was a tad late, the footage I have seen didn't look that high but I could be wrong.