What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commission to outlaw 'shoulder charge'

Should the Shoulder Charge be banned?

• Total voters

no name

Coach
It will be interesting to see what happens when a shoulder charge in week 3 of the semis goes wrong.

Pugzley

Blame St. George and their Sooky La La fans after their bitching about Inglis and his legit hit of the 2012 season.

chrisD

Coach
I do.

And the chances of the shoulder charge surviving despite 85% of fans wanting it to stay seems slim if they go ahead with their plan to turn head fumbler number 2 into our leader.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Blame St. George and their Sooky La La fans after their bitching about Inglis and his legit hit of the 2012 season.

I do.

And the chances of the shoulder charge surviving despite 85% of fans wanting it to stay seems slim if they go ahead with their plan to turn head fumbler number 2 into our leader.

:lol: Concussions and head-high shots are all good hey, legends?

chrisD

Coach
We already know your club is a pack of whinging soft c**ks, you don't need to come here and prove it.

Hutty1986

Immortal
haha, mental heavyweight Chrissy strikes again. Would be a completely different situation if one of your team's players was concussed by an obvious head-high shot. But please keep up the 'tough bastard' act, it's pretty funny to watch

bottle

Coach
Doubtless they are generation 'Y' Hutty. It's all about blaming somebody else for anything that goes wrong and avoiding sheeting the blame home where it belongs. Avoid all acccountability.

Have said it all along, blame the blokes that can't get the shoulder charge right and call them to account. That's exactly what this policy does. No banning, just accountability. The only reasonable approach and what you'd expect from a sensible and mature administration. Fortunately the kiddies aren't in charge.

chrisD

Coach
haha, mental heavyweight Chrissy strikes again. Would be a completely different situation if one of your team's players was concussed by an obvious head-high shot. But please keep up the 'tough bastard' act, it's pretty funny to watch

lol @ obvious head high shot. Go be soft elsewhere.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I do.

Are you an idiot? You know there are shoulder charges in the AFL. You can even do it to someone who doesn't have the ball. So the suggestion that having an AFL administrator running the NRL would mean the end of the shoulder charge is illogical.

chrisD

Coach
Doubtless they are generation 'Y' Hutty. It's all about blaming somebody else for anything that goes wrong and avoiding sheeting the blame home where it belongs. Avoid all acccountability.

Have said it all along, blame the blokes that can't get the shoulder charge right and call them to account. That's exactly what this policy does. No banning, just accountability. The only reasonable approach and what you'd expect from a sensible and mature administration. Fortunately the kiddies aren't in charge.

Yes, mid season rule changes are a sign of a professional and mature administration.

Changing a multiple decade long definition of a legal and illegal act in the span of a couple of months on the whims of the Daily Telegraph is a sign of a professional and mature administration.

And continuing to perpetuate the juvenile victim mentality by pretending the grazing of a players head on another's shoulder was the cause of a concussion and not the near simultaneous high speed thrust of 110kgs into the man's chest is the height of maturity.

Just another clown.

chrisD

Coach
Are you an idiot? You know there are shoulder charges in the AFL. You can even do it to someone who doesn't have the ball. So the suggestion that having an AFL administrator running the NRL would mean the end of the shoulder charge is illogical.

So you're of the opinion that AFL shoulder charges are comparable to RL shoulder charges? Apples to apples in your mind?

Hutty1986

Immortal
I remember when Mike Tyson used to graze bloke's faces with his right cross.

That was just a graze, right?

chrisD

Coach
Yes, a Tyson punch. You're so dedicated to playing the victim, it's not really your fault though I suppose, you've been fashioned that way and are just following the lead of your club.

bottle

Coach
Yes, mid season rule changes are a sign of a professional and mature administration.

Absolutely, where required. Administrations shouldn't fear change if it's needed. A brave admin takes the requires stand even if it brings criticism or is unpopular.

Changing a multiple decade long definition of a legal and illegal act in the span of a couple of months on the whims of the Daily Telegraph is a sign of a professional and mature administration.

Firstly there is no change in the definition of the act that I can see, perhaps you can point it out to me. Just greater accountabilty being applied. Your 'Tele' inspired argument as to the timing is your interpretation as to the reasoning behind it. Mine is it's responsibilty for player welfare, and acountability for behaviour, therefore a sound decision. We'll have to differ on that. You stick to the view that they are soft minded enough to be influenced by a worthless rag, I'll take the view that they are strong willed enough to do what's best for the game and it's stakeholders.

And continuing to perpetuate the juvenile victim mentality by pretending the grazing of a players head on another's shoulder was the cause of a concussion and not the near simultaneous high speed thrust of 110kgs into the man's chest is the height of maturity.

I don't get this sentence at all, maybe I'm not smart enough to understand what you're geting at. What I do get is that you see the whole debate as a vehicle to vent your hate for a particular club and it's fans. Puts you at the same level as Pugzley, which is a shame for you because sometimes you can argue your point quite lucidly. It's ok to have an opposing view if you're prepared to argue the issues, but when you start to make it about individuals/personalities it becomes polluted. As per your closing comment

Just another clown.

Pugzley

:lol: Concussions and head-high shots are all good hey, legends?

Inglis hit wasn't high. First contact was the chest with the forearm while the head contacted the bicep due to whiplash. MRC was responding to the histeria from Fagons and News scum.

Molon Lave

Juniors
I don't think it should be banned...some of the greatest collisions have occurred from massive LEGAL shoulder charges

If you f**k it up and hit someone in the head, by all means get the book thrown at you, but if you execute a legitimate hit, then fair game