What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeepe

Immortal
The Titans surely are not operating on the same salary cap as the rest of the comp? They simply can't be.

The only off contract Titans players are Clint Amos, Michael Hodgson, Kris Kahler, Brad Meyers, Billy Ngawini, Luke O'Dwyer, Matthew Petersen, James Stosic, Luke Swain and Chris Walker... I can't imagine many of them being on too much coin, and when you consider both Zillman and Tagataese would have commanded a fair salary, as well as Friend and Campbell being upgraded you would think... how do they fit them all in? Especially with rumours that the Costigan deal is as good as done?

skeepe

Immortal
Adrian Purtell has re-signed with the Raiders for 3 years, turning down an offer from the Melbourne Scum

Source: ABC Radio

julian87

Juniors
Ambidextrous-Link--1.jpg
URL

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The character's name is Link. He's asking for a link to a source. Incidentally:

Purtell re-signs with Raiders in NRL
AAP
Canberra continued their impressive retention and recruitment drive with the re-signing of outside back Adrian Purtell.

Purtell will remain with the Raiders through to the end of the 2011 season after rejecting advances from reigning premiers Melbourne.

The Storm had hoped to attract Purtell to fill the void left by Israel Folau's impending departure, but with a spot in the centres up for grabs at Canberra as well, the 23-year-old decided to remain put.

He joins Todd Carney and Bronx Goodwin in re-signing with the club, while Penrith backrower Nathan Smith and Wests Tigers hooker Shane Flanagan will link up with green machine next season.

"With our team we have Todd here for a few more years and Joel (Monaghan) next year as well so I think only good things can happen to the team," Purtell said.

"I'm looking at securing my future, to sign here for three years is a great show of faith by the club and hopefully I can repay that with some good form on the field.

"(Melbourne) was an option and I had to weigh up all my options ... but at the end of the day this is my first club and this will take me to ten years here so I'm very excited about that."

Purtell made his first-grade debut for the Raiders in 2006 and has scored 18 tries in just 39 matches.

http://nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=50935

Alehana

Juniors
i heard that they were talking to him right b4 the canberra v storm monday night game, reckon thats why he didn't sign with them... or not

skeepe

Immortal
The character's name is Link. He's asking for a link to a source. Incidentally:

I see. Thanks for the story Timmah, although I would have thought that my line

Source: ABC Radio

would have clued julian into the fact that I didn't have a link as yet.

julian87

Juniors
I posted the Purtell re-signing first, it was deleted because I didn't have a URL link, so I posted one. Surprising my original and true post gets deleted while there is still a confirmed signing of Mickey Paea to Canberra post which is still a rumour. Also my smart assed spam stays. ITSTL.

no name

Coach
I think Bennets discipline will help him.

A fresh new start to get over injuries/past.

He will be a good player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts