What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebound

Juniors
Great signing, and good to see he has his future sorted! I see the Knights and Wayne Bennett are going for all their eggs in one basket (playing 17)

beads6

First Grade
Great signing for the Titans, like the look of Henry. After a few years of poor recruitment the Titans are finally buying quality young players.

AuDragon

Juniors
Friend and Laffranchi were on 500K between them from what I've heard.

Not sure how that covers it.
I've heard more like 1M between those 2 and Rogers. There's also Brad Meyers who retired and couple of other fringe players also leaving.

Looking at the rest of their squad, it doesn't really scream rorting to me, and I don't like the Toidans!

Wait until next year, maybe even before that, with Boyd, Snowden, Kidley, Mullen and others that suddenly will become world beaters, added to Tinklers deep pockets and ther you have the recipe for a club with all the appearance of rorters (even if they're not).

Last edited:

Didgi

I heard that someone else heard that they saw someone who said he heard someone else whisper that she heard that Searle's brother is a builder.

Make of that what you will :roll:

Boofhead

Juniors
I heard that someone else heard that they saw someone who said he heard someone else whisper that she heard that Searle's brother is a builder.

Make of that what you will :roll:

These troll free threads are really working.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Tagatese is a very good buy! Strong player.

Also some of you need to understand that player salaries can alter year to year, for example 1 mil over two years does not always mean 500k each season.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Tagatese is a very good buy! Strong player.

Also some of you need to understand that player salaries can alter year to year, for example 1 mil over two years does not always mean 500k each season.

Actually I can tell you for a FACT that the NRL do NOT register contracts with large variances.

I'm not allowed to post email correspondence - but you're welcome to ask them yourself.

So if a player was paid $1m over 2 years, it might be 600k and 400k, but unlikely to be 700 and 300 - that would be seen as too great a variance and 'unfair' for the salary cap valuation of a player.

legend

Coach
They're going to have a tough pack next year but still need some decent outside backs.

If Toupou goes they shuold free up some decent coin to sign at least two decent outside backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.