What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations World Club Champions!

carcharias

Immortal
What, me worry?

552217-ben-hornby.jpg

exactly!

Your team has just won the comp and the WCC and yet a fan is nitpicking the ref??????????

I don't tell my Missus who she can support. She is free to support whichever team she likes... Just not under my roof. Every relationship has its conditions.

I realise that some of you may not be as rigid on this point as me and fair enough.

Its not so bad that Tim's missus is a Dragons fan. The sad part is the way he has put aside his own team and jumped straight on the Dragons band wagon.

Dragon Dave

Bench
exactly!

Your team has just won the comp and the WCC and yet a fan is nitpicking the ref??????????

Nitpicking?

The subject of refereeing was brought up so I commented on the refereeing. Is that OK with you sir?

Got to laugh at bitter Sharks fans who are angry at the world. :lol:

carcharias

Immortal
Nitpicking?

The subject of refereeing was brought up so I commented on the refereeing. Is that OK with you sir?

Got to laugh at bitter Sharks fans who are angry at the world. :lol:

the ref did a good job.
Your team won.

hard to please aren't you princess?

My wife knows the rules too. She was not a league follower and now, even though she bitches sometimes about the number of games I watch, she throws on the jersey and puts the ribbons in her hair on game day. She may have even shed a tear on GF day.

Dragon Dave

Bench
the ref did a good job.
Your team won.

hard to please aren't you princess?

Are my comments on a public forum not pleasing you, princess?

He made a very amatuer error in blowing the whistle before the ball was marked...would you not agree? I commented on this because you don't see it often and I thought it was amusing, I was not whinging.

Other than that, and a few strange interpretations, he was OK.

If my team wins, does that make me ineligible to comment on the referee?

carcharias

Immortal
Are my comments on a public forum not pleasing you, princess?

He made a very amatuer error in blowing the whistle before the ball was marked...would you not agree? I commented on this because you don't see it often and I thought it was amusing, I was not whinging.

Other than that, and a few strange interpretations, he was OK.

If my team wins, does that make me ineligible to comment on the referee?

compared to some recent dragons favourable calls that was nothing.

Your mob don't miss out....so don't worry.

BTW the dragons have been outstanding the last 2 years and deserve to be the champs.

My wife knows the rules too. She was not a league follower and now, even though she bitches sometimes about the number of games I watch, she throws on the jersey and puts the ribbons in her hair on game day. She may have even shed a tear on GF day.

Good Man!

Hold firm mate. All the emo, new age males on this site might bag us and blokes like Timmah might think it's ok to support "the partners" team. But in the eyes of God, these blokes are an abomination and there is a punishment waiting down the line for them.

That punishment is - Kids who support the Wife's team.

Tim is destined to be one of those sad cases you see, sitting at (in this case) a Dragons v Dogs game, in the Dragons members area, surrounded by his wife and Dragon supporting brood plus all the other Dragons fans in his Dogs jersey. Sad sad state of affairs.

Last edited:

grouch

First Grade
The only time I was really cursing the ref was after Morris' first try, the knees that came in from the Wigan fullback Tomkins. It was a grubby piece of foul play that can do some harm to a player. Needed to be picked up. Otherwise the ref was pretty evenly ordinary for both teams - a fair performance in other words

Good Man!

Hold firm mate. All the emo, new age males on this site might bag us and blokes like Timmah might think it's ok to support "the partners" team. But in the eyes of God, these blokes are an abomination and there is a punishment waiting down the line for them.

That punishment is - Kids who support the Wife's team.

Tim is destined to be one of those sad cases you see, sitting at (in this case) a Dragons v Dogs game, in the Dragons members area, surrounded by his wife and Dragon supporting brood plus all the other Dragons fans in his Dogs jersey. Sad sad state of affairs.

Even my wife's dog follows the family team.

Attachments

• Willow.jpg
    Willow.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 3

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Good to know you can do a personal analysis of me DKoR :lol:

For the record I didn't give a sh*t who won the WCC, had a banner ready in waiting in case Wigan won as well, and would've if it was Souths, Cronulla or even Parramatta.

How I've somehow "jumped off the Bulldogs and onto the Dragons" because I dared congratulate them is quite funny.

Gaba

First Grade
The only time I was really cursing the ref was after Morris' first try, the knees that came in from the Wigan fullback Tomkins. It was a grubby piece of foul play that can do some harm to a player. Needed to be picked up. Otherwise the ref was pretty evenly ordinary for both teams - a fair performance in other words
that was the 2nd time it happen to morris

all stars

wcc

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think if their is one clear thing to come out of this thread, it is that Timmah is completely pussy whipped. Supports the dogs all his life and then along comes his Dragons fan Missus and he rolls over like a pig in sh*t. He's suddenly all "congrat's Dragons" and "I've got a Dragons membership too now because I support my partner".

Tim, if my Missus supported a team other then mine she'd either have to convert or she'd be out on her arse. Grow a set and lay down the law mate.

I'm sure even the Dragons fans here agree that currently, your stance on their team is pathetic.

My GF is not a fan of Rugby League. I'm slowly trying to convert her and also steering her towards the Bunnies. At one stage, she had a female bestie that supported the Dogs, trying to take her to Doggies games and get her on board.

I told her point blank that if she ever supported the Dog's she would be straight out the door.
I don't mind that she isn't a fan of League. I also don't mind that she is only luke warm to Souths and only wants them to win because it makes me happy. I can handle that.

If she were to pick a team to support and it wasn't Souths.... Thats where I would draw the line.

As far as I'm concerned, the team a Woman supports means the difference between a potential relationship or a one night stand.

Missed these. Not that I need to explain myself, but one thing that comes out of this thread is, you're overreacting to me posting a simple banner. Which, as I said, I had also prepared had Wigan won.

For the record, I don't "got a Dragons membership" to support her. I have one because we go to games together and it's cheaper to do it that way. Here's the shock for you - it's a two way street - she's also a Bulldogs member. It's about the dollars.

I'm happy to admit I can tolerate the Dragons and I definitely made time for them in September, once my team was well and truly turfed, but it doesn't mean I support them. Neither does me having a membership to save a few dollars, or even make a banner on LU.

Grow a set and lay down the law? :lol: I'll avoid taking relationship advice from a Souffs fan, thanks for the interest though.

Dragon

Coach
Beware the honey trap, she will suck you in and have you supporting another team before you know it

Latest posts