What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Consistently worst current regular NRL top grade player

legend

Coach
I agree. Not as bad as usual.

Tongue for mine. What a way to destroy a great legacy as a player!

Hooch

Juniors
Beau Ryan. At his absolute best is an average first grader, he is rarely at his best and has some shockers. Remember that game a month or so back? One of the worst performances I have seen, just not up to task. I cannot believe they don't have more reliable wingers behind him after all these years.

Probably only in the side as Sheens doesn't want to piss Benji off by dropping him. What an inbred group thats become.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Inu is easily the most inconsistent. He can be both awful & fantastic in the same game

For the Warriors, your description really only applies to one game so far. He's actually surprised most Warriors fans with how good he's been on a consistent basis. Maybe that will change, but right now you're being unfair to him, IMO. Hohaia, on the other hand...

Dunno if they're necessary the worst regular 1st graders, but Prince & Campbell would have to be up there as the most disappointing. Agree with those mentioning Purtell, Talenoa & FPN. Leilua has often struck me as being pretty shaky, but maybe I'm off the mark. McKinnon seems to be getting a few mentions, but apart from one shocker of a game, has he really been that bad?

For the Warriors, your description really only applies to one game so far. He's actually surprised most Warriors fans with how good he's been on a consistent basis. Maybe that will change, but right now you're being unfair to him, IMO. Hohaia, on the other hand...

Dunno if they're necessary the worst regular 1st graders, but Prince & Campbell would have to be up there as the most disappointing. Agree with those mentioning Purtell, Talenoa & FPN. Leilua has often struck me as being pretty shaky, but maybe I'm off the mark. McKinnon seems to be getting a few mentions, but apart from one shocker of a game, has he really been that bad?

FPN has been terrible and lazy. Far below his form of last year. If he wasn't re-signed I'd want him to be given the chop based on what he's shown this year, especially since we have depth in the backrow.

Leilua is a second rower playing on the wing. He'll never be good there and the longer he plays there the more confidence he'll lose. He needs to switch to the centres at worst, but if I was coach I'd be playing him off the bench. FPN defenitely deserves to be classed as one of the worst picked nrl players this year but not Leilua.

counterpuncher

Juniors
Cannot imagine there are too many Tits fans over the moon about Preston generously signing on for another year of ineffectiveness. Give him a few guaranteed years of All-Stars, but it's time to put this career to bed.

Canard

Immortal
Consistenly on these forums there is so much disrespect to the Cowboys.

We win this competition by a country mile.

For the last 5 years its been Carl Webb especially when you consider he was on 300K+.

And more recently Michael Bani is EASILY the worst, Cowboys fans pre-2011 would drowl over someone the talent of Purtell or Beau Ryan in there starting side.

age.s

First Grade
Simmons hasn't been that bad for us this year. Purtell has been far worse, so Simmons shouldn't really get a mention in this thread.

mxlegend99

Referee
Simmons hasn't been that bad for us this year. Purtell has been far worse, so Simmons shouldn't really get a mention in this thread.
This x10000000000000000

David Simmons is a solid fringe first grader. Adrian Purtell on the other hand is f*cking awful and shouldn't even be able to crack a reserve grade side. He makes David Simmons look like a superstar and the second any team targets him he's instantly their best player.

Herzog

Juniors
Rhys Wesser. Terrible decision making. Has had a couple of great games this season though.

soc123_au

Staff member
Wesser should also get off being mentioned here having had an above average career.

MSIH

Bench
Not bad - for you. That being said, I have to tell you the Dragons took a step towards success when they offloaded Poore to parra and Ryles to.... Easts....

Other shockers through the years include Brett White and Brent Kite.

A Clive Churchill medalist has made the thread.

You sir, are a goober.

Latest posts