What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Costigan GOOOOOORRRNE!!!

ozbash

Referee
McIvor was 1,000,000 times better than Costo would have been.

McIvor blended nicely into the background,

A million ? McIvor will be forever in the great mans shadow :)

blended ? like a possum blended into tar seal ?

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Possums are Australian imports. And just like a dead possum Costogan is road kill on this side of the Tasman.

Micistm

Bench
Well Costo has said he wants to commentate elsewhere, hasn't he? Good luck to him...but honestly I will wonder quite frankly who'd want 'em. Sorry if that sounds harsh!
But I do think he would suit a different role- Like an interview show like Rugby League Profiles. He's a pleasant enough person, and the times I've seen him interviewing players, he's been good. So maybe that's where his future lies.

Well Costo has said he wants to commentate elsewhere, hasn't he? Good luck to him...but honestly I will wonder quite frankly who'd want 'em. Sorry if that sounds harsh!
But I do think he would suit a different role- Like an interview show like Rugby League Profiles. He's a pleasant enough person, and the times I've seen him interviewing players, he's been good. So maybe that's where his future lies.

I'm with you, he's a much better interviewer and reports person than a commentator.

Jesbass

First Grade
This, on the basis of one exhibition match ??

Haven't you heard? Our season is over before it has even begun! :crazy:

On a side note, did you see me at the match? I lost my clothes in a bet and ran across the field... :sarcasm:

ozbash

Referee
On a side note, did you see me at the match? I lost my clothes in a bet and ran across the field... :sarcasm:

I know there was a lot of good natured humour in your comment mate, but the disrespect shown by that f**kwit at a memorial match made me cringe (and theres not a lot of things that'll do that :) )

I hope (and suspect) he would have copped a fair hiding after that

Meth

Staff member
This, on the basis of one exhibition match ??

Well, to be fair, there's also the added weight of the 2010 season.

I have a soft spot for Inu, but I am not overly optimistic about having him in the team at the moment

Micistm

Bench
Okay, only seen the highlights on TV...but is it true that the idiots were blithering through the one minutes silence? I've only heard that second hand so unsure if it's true. Leaves me cold though is that's the case.

Meth

Staff member
Okay, only seen the highlights on TV...but is it true that the idiots were blithering through the one minutes silence? I've only heard that second hand so unsure if it's true. Leaves me cold though is that's the case.

There was a bit of chatter it seemed. We probably heard more than we normally would because of the relatively low quality of the telecast. At one point, you could heard some kids chattering, obviously oblivious to the sensitivity of the moment and some gruff Coaster holler 'oi, you kids shut up eh'

Skinner

Coach
Well, to be fair, there's also the added weight of the 2010 season.

I have a soft spot for Inu, but I am not overly optimistic about having him in the team at the moment

I'm withholding judgement yet. Different team, different coach, different environment....who knows.

Jesbass

First Grade
I know there was a lot of good natured humour in your comment mate, but the disrespect shown by that f**kwit at a memorial match made me cringe (and theres not a lot of things that'll do that :) )

I hope (and suspect) he would have copped a fair hiding after that

Fair call, Bash. In retrospect, it isn't something to make light of.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Is this a lame attempt at fishing, or are you turning into a grumpy old wowser?

I thought it was a nice touch - it gave me a laugh anyway.

For all you know he could have fund-raised to get his kit off, and ended up donating a nice sum to the kitty.

Personally I think the idiots that were yakking away during the minute of silence are much lower on the brain scale.

ozbash

Referee
Is this a lame attempt at fishing, or are you turning into a grumpy old wowser?

I thought it was a nice touch - it gave me a laugh anyway.

For all you know he could have fund-raised to get his kit off, and ended up donating a nice sum to the kitty.

Personally I think the idiots that were yakking away during the minute of silence are much lower on the brain scale.

na mate, quite serious actually.

theres a time and place for everything and a streak there wasnt on imo.

it was a memorial match, not a circus..

Meth

Staff member
I'm withholding judgement yet. Different team, different coach, different environment....who knows.

Fair enough

Like I said, I have a soft spot for Inu as a kid, and I was desperately looking for some sign that he had changed from his lackadaisical ways. I just didn't see any. I would love for him to come right.

Meth

Staff member
To elaborate on Inu, players are entitled to a sub-par patch; even a sub-par season- but it just looked like he didn't really care. I know that's entirely perception, but it's just the vibe you get. I get the same, though perhaps to a lesser extent, with Kevin Locke

JAG

Juniors
That chick on the sideline is going to be very average. Seems like Sky are just giving her a crack to seem all new age or something. I really doubt she knows much about League considering I've seen her doing Netball, Motorsport and other sports int he past so it obviously just a rent-a-sports broadcaster.

What was it she called Lance Hohaia? The Huntly Hunter?!? WTF? :shock:

Skinner said:
God, I hate this site most of the time......double post

Oh, I dunno. There are worse League sites than this......