What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys robbed clear as day

Didgi

Bar the Tamou solo effort i'd argue the Cowboys never looked like threatening the manly line for most of the night. Any cowboys fans or bandwagoners given any thought to the fact that Thurston and Bowen for the first time in a few weeks were bog ordinary and that they were up against it even with those two tries taken away.

Have you given any thought to the fact that we have players other than Thurston and Bowen?

Given limited space and the need for desperate points at the end Thurston was hardly awful anyway.

RABK

Referee
And to those who keep saying - the strip error try is nothing compared video replays blunders (when only one of those video refs tries was a blunder) then use your deep logic to consider it was a Tony Williams run that gave Manly the momentum and Manly were surging and got themselves into good field position to 'score' those two tries.

Who's to say if they were not allowed Manly wouldn't have continued to roll the Cowboys to score another 1 or 2 more legitimate tries instead of kicking to the corner for the final 20 minutes and been happy to play field position? Manly were on top regardless and if the score was still 12-12 heading into that final 15 minutes than Manly seemingly had the attacking momentum. They only grinded once there was a 10 point lead and the Cowboys started throwing the ball around a lot more.

Manly were the team that lifted when the game was on the line.

natheel

Coach
:lol: That's more than were actually at the game!

I think it was something like 16,000 Nath.

in a 60,000 seat stadium....woeful.

We sold out parra stadium and doubled the figure for a wooden spoon match (be it hindys last game) but i'm sure if that were Parra, Dogs, Souths, Tigers against Cows last night the stadium would have been packed.

We doubled that figure for our final against Titans in 2009. Woeful from Manly fans.

Cheops

Juniors
So no Queenslanders saying it's Thurston's fault for not playing to the whistle? I thought the QLD spirit was to always play to the whistle and never question refereeing decisions?

natheel

Coach
And to those who keep saying - the strip error try is nothing compared video replays blunders (when only one of those video refs tries was a blunder) then use your deep logic to consider it was a Tony Williams run that gave Manly the momentum and Manly were surging and got themselves into good field position to 'score' those two tries.

Who's to say if they were not allowed Manly wouldn't have continued to roll the Cowboys to score another 1 or 2 more legitimate tries instead of kicking to the corner for the final 20 minutes and been happy to play field position? Manly were on top regardless and if the score was still 12-12 heading into that final 15 minutes than Manly seemingly had the attacking momentum. They only grinded once there was a 10 point lead and the Cowboys started throwing the ball around a lot more.

Manly were the team that lifted when the game was on the line.

and whose to say Cowboys wouldn't have scored any more either? Can go both ways.

Ultimately those 2 tries broke Cowboys in the way that they knew it wasn't their night with the refs

RABK

Referee
It's a moot point. The thread is about how consistently rubbish the calls were. Has nothing to do with either teams form.

No, plenty seem to be suggesting that Cowboys were robbed of the game and their season. I think although the foran try was disgraceful the football been played for 70 minutes of the match shows Manly were the better side.

The same QLD fans in here that argued 'oh but take away the Inglis dodge try and QLD still lead by 2 and were the better side' are the same fans in here arguing 'Oh Cowboys were robbed' when only ONE try was a bad decision and outside that Manly were the better side and scored mroe legitimate points.

The refs are shithouse, no doubt. Everyone has been saying it all year. But it's highly unfair to Manly to suggest they won the game off the back of the refs. Refs ruined the game, refs are shithouse - fair game. Cowboys were robbed, manly were gifted - not fair game.

Moz 1982

Juniors
Taufua promoted the ball a second time whilst he still had momentum, it doesn't matter
that his elbow had hit the ground. Is that against the rules or not?

Tafua's foot was also in touch by the time he got the ball down over the line but the video ref didn't even seem to look at that. Foran knock on for the second, absolute disgrace.

Big Pete

Referee
Don't know why it's being turned into an Origin thread when fans from both states & heck even Kiwis seem to think the Cows were hard done by.

The GI try was a try according to the rules. Just like how the Taufua try can be construed as such. However, the final try was a blatant bad call that robbed the Cows a chance of stealing it.

Most will concede the better side won on the night but we were robbed of a grand-stand finish and the fact it was two big calls that went Manly's way really was telling.

RABK

Referee
Dipshit, twat, full genius :lol: umad?

You trying to pass off as a neutral for Manly was hilarious and your reaction to me calling you out on it really says it all. Just relax. Oh and don't tell fibs.

No i just think you are all of the above. How is having Manly as my second team loving them? Cowboys wouldn't be far behind them as a third team. But they're both lightyears away from the Knights. I was neutral last night. You with all your emoticons, believe it or not, can't determine that i wasn't.

coolsteve

Juniors
I only saw the second half but...

The Cows try to bring them back level was horrible. A blatant strip missed by the refs and a forward pass. How any Cowboy fans can moan about the ref is beyond me.

At the end of the day, the Cowboys had no invention to score more than 12 points (half of which should not of been allowed) and Manly did. Instead of throwing a paddy like a 6 year old, Thurston should of thought up some better plays.

I thought the refs got a few things wrong, but i never thought one team had all the decisions.

The Manly tries i have seen given, i've seen them not given. Benefit of the doubt to the attacker is the rule though, so if there is no conclusive reason not to give it, try time.
The video ref had a look and obviously felt the tries should of been given. Thats his job, and he knows more about it than cry baby fans unhappy Manly won a game.
maybe if thurston, after he pushed cherry evans ,hadn`t cried and threw his arms about like a bitch,had of dived on the ball , no try. whats that? play to the whistle

RABK

Referee
and whose to say Cowboys wouldn't have scored any more either? Can go both ways.

No one, but the evidence was Manly lifted and had the momentum and were winning field position pretty easily. Foran and DCE were kicking from the Cowboys 40m line most of the second half.

Didgi

maybe if thurston, after he pushed cherry evans ,hadn`t cried and threw his arms about like a bitch,had of dived on the ball , no try. whats that? play to the whistle

:? Did you watch the game? Thurston had no chance of getting to Oldfield. Gavin Cooper was the closest player to the ball, his best efforts still had him a couple of metres away.

Didgi

No one, but the evidence was Manly lifted and had the momentum and were winning field position pretty easily. Foran and DCE were kicking from the Cowboys 40m line most of the second half.

One could just as easily argue that given the world-class performance both our props put in last night, along with Thurston's superb kicking, that without the assistance the game could've swung back the Cowboys' way.

But one (well, me at least) wouldn't argue that, or what you're arguing, because it's a f**king geniused game of 'what if?' and completely ignores the point of the thread.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
It doesn't even out

A bad call on a strip is totally different to a bad call that gives 6 points. Manly still could have defending the bad strip call, bad strip calls happen every single game and are hard for refs to adjudicate on.

Bad calls like the Foran knock on are an absolute disgrace which there is NO excuse for

Sorry have to disagree. Manly had the ball in their own half when the Cowboys are awarded a scrum feed instead of Manly getting a very blatant strip penalty. Cowboys score off that set to tie the game at 12-all and momentum changes. If Manly gets the penalty for the strip, the Cowboys don't score.

I can cop a 50/50 strip penalty going against a team, but this was one of the most clearest strips I have ever seen watching the game.

firechild

First Grade
Don't know why it's being turned into an Origin thread when fans from both states & heck even Kiwis seem to think the Cows were hard done by.

Hard done by, yes, to an extent. Robbed, hardly. People are reacting as if Manly won by 2 points on the back of 2 completely illegitimate tries. One was legitimate according to the rules. You may not like botd or how it is applied but it was ultimately the correct call.

Most will concede the better side won on the night but we were robbed of a grand-stand finish and the fact it was two big calls that went Manly's way really was telling.

The fact the Cowboys got themselves back into the game off the back of a strip AND forward pass could be considered just as big as Manly being awarded a try that shouldn't have been awarded. You can't claim NQ deserved their 2nd try any more than you can claim Manly deserved their final one.

Bottom line is the refs were rubbish but to make any claim that it all went Manly's way is just letting bias get in the way.

RABK

Referee
One could just as easily argue that given the world-class performance both our props put in last night, along with Thurston's superb kicking, that without the assistance the game could've swung back the Cowboys' way.

But one (well, me at least) wouldn't argue that, or what you're arguing, because it's a f**king geniused game of 'what if?' and completely ignores the point of the thread.

It's not geniused, Because there is no what if. Manly were the better side. Cowboys were not robbed as is the title of this thread.

You'll have to notify me when the thread title has been changed to 'Cowboys hard done by; or 'Refs ruined grandstand finish' because until it does then this whole thread and every single f**king moron posting in here that the Cowboys were robbed are playing massive game of what if by suggesting the Cowboys were robbed.

Robbed of what - a 14-6 loss?

Bluebags1908

Juniors
I thought the Taufua try was definitely a try or BOTD at least. The Foran involvement of the other Manly try I think was a knock on and no try. However the Cowboys scored a try off the next set of six after and blatant 2-on-1 strip. So it evens out. Doesn't make the refs any less incompetent though.

:lol::lol:

Cowboys suck, they couldn't even beat Manly.

So many whingers in this thread, the team that scored the most points won the game, so STFU !