What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys robbed clear as day

Mader45

Juniors
Its got me stuffed how any fan can enjoy their team winning NOT on their merits, but on assistance from officials
They might grow up one day

Idk. I remember being at the Tigers vs Warriors final last year and having no idea til coming on here that the reffing was utterly biased towards us. Massive difference between your level of focus at the game compared to at home.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I can't read this thread fast enough to catch up.

Regardless of the result last night, I'm over BOTD being used so inconsistently. It seems commonsense to me that it should be applied when you it's not clear whether or not it is a try, but it seems on the balance of probabilities it is. I'm sick of the video refs looking at the replays over and over and over again when it seems like one thing to try to find a reason why it might be another. If it looks like a duck, call it a duck ... don't study it under a microscope until you convince yourself that if you look at it out of the corner of your eye, squinting in a dark room that it just might be a chicken (that looks a lot like a duck).

I've thought for a while that video refs should have the option to watch each available angle once in slow motion and as many times as they like in real time. If the decision is technically wrong then, so be it. At least it should be more sensible.

oval

Juniors
I was at the game last night drinking so i isn't even realise the Foran thing happened...

All I can say is having watched the replay I feel sorry for Nth Qld fans - bad fckn call.

Eric Galt

Juniors
Score should have been:
Cowboys 22
Manly 6

Manly were given 90% of calls in this game. They had one call against yet them Manly fans are continually whinging about that call. That sort of thing happens every game. What about Tafua grounding the ball in-goal and he was allowed to run the ball out? Another decision for Manly.

Fact is, the Cowboys were robbed.
Fact is, the Cowboys were on top when those two bad decisions came against them.

Your post proves one thing, Manly fans are bad winners!

Haven't you got better things to do with your time. Hey here's an idea. You could be playing with your 2012 replica wooden spoon!

skeepe

Immortal
How stupid did Shayne Hayne look pretending not to hear Thurston last night? f**king arrogant twat.

Taking the emotion of last night out of it there are massive questions that need to be asked about the two people in charge of the reffs program.

I think you can look back at who they have promoted through the ranks, the standard of on field officiating, the utter lack of respect for the captains, the men in the video box making wrong decision after wrong decision at the big end of the season and the silence, meek defence or calls to move on to next week from the guys in charge.

It is a disgrace, the standards have slipped every season since they took over.

When you are in a situation where Robert Finch looks like a consumate pro in retrospect you have a massive issue

Exactly. Harrigan and Raper have taken the referees backwards at a rate of knots - Harrigan thinks he is right all the time. The NRL need to sack him and put someone in charge who doesn't have an ego.

The two referees system works - but we just don't have enough quality. Get some more of the ex-players in the system (like Luke Phillips, Henry Perenara). Or fix up the rules to make them easier to understand and interpret.

skeepe

Immortal
Exactly. Harrigan and Raper have taken the referees backwards at a rate of knots - Harrigan thinks he is right all the time. The NRL need to sack him and put someone in charge who doesn't have an ego.

The two referees system works - but we just don't have enough quality. Get some more of the ex-players in the system (like Luke Phillips, Henry Perenara). Or fix up the rules to make them easier to understand and interpret.

Henry Perenara is probably the worst referee in history. He is bloody awful.

The problem is that the NRL referees group is an old boys club. There are some damn good referees out there who deserve a chance, the problem is once you're in, you're in and unless you're mates with the right people it really doesn't matter how well you go in Toyota Cup, NSW Cup or wherever, you've got no chance.

Some of the best Toyota Cup referees are comfortably better than some of the arrogant twats in first grade, but they'll never get a look in because it seems the only way a referee gets dumped from the first grade squad is by retiring.

Bill Harrigan really is the start and the end of the problems at the moment. As long as he remains in charge, the situation will only get worse.

The sooner

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I could ref the game better. No joke.

Get back 10
Keep em below the neck
Get off the tackled player

Its a simple f**king game. Why do we need to complicate shit so much?

Big Pete

Referee
How stupid did Shayne Hayne look pretending not to hear Thurston last night? f**king arrogant twat.

Was this after Taufua's non-grounding?

If so, he told JT he wasn't going to address him if JT was going to approach him disrespectfully.

JT was a little over zealous but Hayne should have shown some discretion, there was a lot on the line at that time.

Didgi

I have never laughed harder at a thread in my life. f**king drama queens.
So what I got from this thread is:
Tafua try 50/50 most of agreed Yeh momentum took him over fair enough try.
And its clear to say most of you thought Foran knocked on. No try.
Ok fair enough thats a no try according to you guys.
Do any of you whinging merkins wanna mention the strip on tafua that they scored.
Does anyone wanna mention the 5m forward pass for there other try?
So Im my counting thats 2 dodgy tries for cowboys and 1 from us.
Manly wuzz robbed. Dey took our jobs!!! Derp derpa Derp Derp!!!
But anyway continue Im seriously pissing myself.

5 metre forward pass for the Tamou try?

interdasting.jpg

This effnic meltdown is second to none...

If Manly fans want to bring up the wrong call leading to the Winterstein try, how about the disgraceful penalty against Hall leading up to the first Manly try? If he was going to penalise that one, he should've blown another 20 penalties for the same thing for the rest of the game.

Last edited:

Didgi

Was this after Taufua's non-grounding?

If so, he told JT he wasn't going to address him if JT was going to approach him disrespectfully.

JT was a little over zealous but Hayne should have shown some discretion, there was a lot on the line at that time.

"Sir."
"SIR"
"Oi Sir!"
"Oi, oi sir!"
"Answer me this sir!"

If Hayne had answered him after the first one, maybe two calls, rather than point at the mark and pretend he was suddenly deaf as well as blind, JT would've had no reason to get frustrated. JT can be disrespectful to the refs at times, that wasn't one.

I cannot see how any Hartleys supporters can be serious in suggesting that refereeing performance was anything other than absolute garbage.

For the idiot taxi dude, the Question is not which was the better side, the point is the refereeing performance, all of them. It was disgraceful and destroyed a good contest.

This is the biggest problem in the game, not the players, not the clubs, not the size of crowds, not Paul Gallen being owned. f**k not even KMAV being a fat twat with his boyfriend on the end of his knob.

The refs are f**king this game. Have all year. Disgusting performance!

Big Pete

Referee
I don't remember it taking place like that Didgi, I just remember it starting with 'Oi, answer me this sir'.

Regardless, I still think Hayne was in the wrong.

GongPanther

Referee
Henry Perenara is probably the worst referee in history. He is bloody awful.

The problem is that the NRL referees group is an old boys club. There are some damn good referees out there who deserve a chance, the problem is once you're in, you're in and unless you're mates with the right people it really doesn't matter how well you go in Toyota Cup, NSW Cup or wherever, you've got no chance.

Some of the best Toyota Cup referees are comfortably better than some of the arrogant twats in first grade, but they'll never get a look in because it seems the only way a referee gets dumped from the first grade squad is by retiring.

Bill Harrigan really is the start and the end of the problems at the moment. As long as he remains in charge, the situation will only get worse.

The sooner

+1.

Latin for Harrigan? corruptus horribillis :sarcasm:

Latest posts