What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket 2007

D

Deleted member 10972

In Cricket 2007, are the speeds more realistic then the last one? Does Lee bowl 140-150 consistently, McGrath 130 kph, etc?

nöyd

Staff member
The Mack said:
In Cricket 2007, are the speeds more realistic then the last one? Does Lee bowl 140-150 consistently, McGrath 130 kph, etc?

Yes. I haven't seen McGrath bowl faster than probably 135-136kph, Brett Lee is often around the 150kph mark. I can regularly get him up to 159kph if the conditions suit.

Are the batsman faster when running between wickets, in 05 it was near impossible to take a quick single, even if you had 2 fast people at the crease (Clarke and Thornley)

nöyd

Staff member
Probably a little too fast. I have no worries turning a simple leg glance down to fine leg into 2 runs instead of the usual single.

Scored my first century last night (actually scored 2 in the same innings, Ponting and Langer). That was on 4 stars, time to move up to 5 soon methinks.

Sanchez

Coach
nöyd said:
Probably a little too fast. I have no worries turning a simple leg glance down to fine leg into 2 runs instead of the usual single.
that is a very easy two

Eelementary

Post Whore
I just got Cricket 07. Before this, I'd only ever oplayed Ricky Ponting International Cricket once and I owned Cricket 2002. I am glad to say - this is superior to both.

In my first match, I played a 20 overs one day match as NSW against South Australia. I bowled them out for 95, and Brett Lee took 5 wickets. But the greatest part of it was that he took different types of wickets - an LBW, 2 bowled, one caught by Haddin and one caught by the fieldsman. And all the wickets fell exactly the way I planned them to - when I planned for an LBW, I set it up. Couldn't do that in Cricket 2002.

Only issue is with Tests - can't seem to get wickets. Any tips?

And also field settings - I suck at those.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Eele, I'm trying to get my hands on it on PC. Finding a place which has it is the problem at the moment. When I finally find a place which has it, would you recommend I get it?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jobdog said:
Eele, I'm trying to get my hands on it on PC. Finding a place which has it is the problem at the moment. When I finally find a place which has it, would you recommend I get it?

Personally, I find it's the best cricket game I've played. I really enjoyed Ricky Ponting Cricket the few times I played it, and at the time, Cricket 2002 was awesome. But this is on a totally different level - fast bowlers have more variety in their deliveries, as do spinners, and the Century Stick batting system, though it takes some getting used to, is awesome. Course, on the PC you wouldn't use that lol.

I find that when I get things just right, I am taking wickets and getting high scores. It's just sometimes I struggle. And I blame my field placings for that.

I was never good at them. My basic method of bowling is to bowl a good line and length and try to get nicks through to the slips or keeper. Sometimes, though, I'll bowl it just short, they'll defend on the back foot and it will lob up in the air - where I have no men!

So I was wondering - which is the best field to use? I mean, generally?

Choppies

Coach
I got it for Xmas. and im still getting used to the batting but from what I have seen it's a good game.

Sanchez

Coach
for the just on a length id probably put in a short cover and a silly point a point a cover mid on fine leg (just outside the circle) and 2 slips and a gully

Eelementary

Post Whore
Any tips for spin bowlers?

I'm currently playing a whole Domestic season with the Blues, and Brett Lee, Nathan Bracken and Glenn McGrath are all beasts. But Michael Clarke, Katich and MacGill...No idea. I took a few wickets with MacGill, but they were flukes lol. Whereas with the quicks, I set the wickets up with smart bowling.

Mal Meninga

Bench
I use alot of flight and pitch full although you can get smacked around abit if you keep at the same spot. Am playing on four stars and it's pretty frustrating when using quicks against australia!! Also is autoplay geared towards failure? Or is Australia just unbetable in that mode?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't mind getting smacked around a bit. If you're persistent, you'll eventually take wickets, I find. Except I struggle with spinners. Took a few wickets wicth MacGill, but they were flukes. My main weapons are Lee, Bracken and McGrath.

I played the Ashes as England - just for a laugh - and I didn't do too well. Lost the series 3-2.

willvillain

Juniors
In the one dayers I just stack the off-side (including the fence) and bowl outside off.

If they go the tonk then there is a big chance of a catch on the fence or caught behind etc. Of course there is the odd six etc. but it is usually a reasonable tactic.

Doesn't work as well in the longer form of the game (the batsman usually leaves the ball) so you have to mix it up more with seaming balls coming back into the batsman and forcing them to play. Hope for a caught behind or a bowled or something. Needs a lot more patience!

I've hated bowling in just about every cricket game ever, just because it was too damn hard to take wickets. In '07 I enjoy bowling because if you are patient then you will get rewards...

Eelementary

Post Whore
How about special deliveries?

* How do I use the lofted delivery?

* What's the point with special delivery yorkers and bouncers? I have gotten wickets manually bowling yorkers and bouncers, but never with the actual special deliveries.

* What is the off-spinner's mystery delivery?

* How do I best bowl the top-spinner?

* What is the effect of the leg-spinner's special delivery?

* Why does it happen that every time I bowl a reverse swinger, it always comes up as a yorker?

Sorry for the questions, but I'd really appreciate some help.

Latest posts