What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket 2007

willvillain

Juniors
I tend not to use the special deliveries other than to simply build up pressure. I've got the odd wicket with Bracken's slower ball, and I catch the odd random edge with bouncers - but they actually seem harder to bowl to a plan.

Reverse swing is always a yorker. And completely ineffective as far as I can work out. No matter what pace, I haven't seen anything other than a dot ball from them.

As far as the offies and leggies specials, MacGill for example seems to have a special delivery which is given more flight (sometimes useful for getting the odd clean bowled actually, split the bat/pad etc) and another which is a flipper i guess?

But yeah, stick to the normal deliveries, and tinker with your field more. Try and keep your bowling consistent, work out where your edges are going, or where the batters are hitting in the air. That's how I've had my most success.

Either that, or as Sanchez says....put the field on one of the 'aggressive' settings, and bowl spinners from both ends for a while. The runs tend to dry up, and the fielders in close snap up just about any chance that comes close to the bat!

Mal Meninga

Bench
For left handers - Have the ball pitching on leg stump with plenty of turn, so most of the time they'll play and miss, depending on how much flight & general pace you put on it. Every now and than they'll try to run down and completely mis-read the flight, just make sure your wicket keeper isnt a complete hack.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Thanks, guys.

Yeah, I've found the special deliveries a bit useless lol.

Quick bowlers - no problems. But the spinners are a different story. I mean, I can keep it tight with the spinners. I just have difficulty taking wickets.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mal Meninga said:
For left handers - Have the ball pitching on leg stump with plenty of turn, so most of the time they'll play and miss, depending on how much flight & general pace you put on it. Every now and than they'll try to run down and completely mis-read the flight, just make sure your wicket keeper isnt a complete hack.

My keeper is Brad Haddin...:oops:

He's generally gone OK, but he's also dropped some absolute sitters.

Eelementary

Post Whore
In Test matches, do cracks appear in the pitch after a few days, like in real life? And if you bowl a delivery in the crack, will there be unexpected bounce/lack thereof, unexpected spin/lack thereof, unexpected spin/lack thereof, etc.?

The Ashes scenario mode is awesome, up to The Oval game with Australia (but I am only doing it on one star, when I finish I'll probably move to a tour or domestic season on 3-4 star)

willvillain

Juniors
The difference between 4 stars and 5 stars is massive!

4 stars = far too easy, sixes/fours come easily and a 20 ball 100 is the norm, but bump it up to 5 stars and it is a massive step up! Especially in the bowling...play against India and Tendulkar just f*cks me up and hits me for 6 every damn ball.

Still, I find that 4 star is pointless if I am with a team as good as Aus or NSW.

D

Deleted member 10972

I played a test match today & with Shoaib & Gul spearheading a Pakistani attack, on a normal pitch on 3 stars, i took most wickets with cutters, just kept the line & length to force the batsman to play away from their bodies, & vary the pace. Slower cutters move more. Dismissed Windies for 47 1st innings, Shoaib 4, Gul 3, Kaneria 1, & a run out. 2nd innings Windies all out for 132, Sarwan hit a run a ball 50, Samuels a run a ball 30, & Lara a quickfire 16. Shoaib 4 wickets, Gul 2 wickets, Afridi 4 wickets cleaning up the tail. Yorkers are useless. Reverse swing is useless. Bouncers are effective if you can judge the pace to suit the pitch (e.g. if the pitch is bouncy it will consistenly fly over the batsmens head, slow it down & force them to play). I got 3 wickets with bouncers, but used them along with standard short balls at the batsmans body to kill their momentum & confidence. Takes some time to learn how to pitch it right. Slower ballis handy when a batsman is attacking, just make sure its slightly short of a length & on off stump. Outside off will get carted, on midle stump will get turned to legside. Spin gets me a few key wickets to break partnerships by changing the pace alot, amount of spin, etc, also good to clean up a tail.

Batting is easy. Just hit everything for 6.

D

Deleted member 10972

Problems though, i RARELY get LBW's or clean bowled (other than the odd inside edge onto stumps). A way i get wickets in 20/20's is set the cover trap...put a few men on the cover boundary, bowl with a dobbler (i use ponting or an offspinners armball), take the pace off the ball as a half volley just outside offstump, they usually lob it to the cover boundary sweeper. I NEVER get wickets with manual or special yorkers. Batsmen always seem to keep them out. A good way to get people is bowl around the wicket with a leggie, pitch it full & on the legs & quick, often they go for a straight drive & get clean bowled through the gate.

Sanchez

Coach
the only yorker wickets i get is when they go for a lofted drive and hit it straight up into the air

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yorker tips for you:

Try to aim the ball just inside the off-stump, and aim to place it just at the batsman's toes. In other words, aim for the crease line.

I either bowl the batsman, get him out LBW or give away a chea single using this method. Every time.

willvillain

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Yorker tips for you:

Try to aim the ball just inside the off-stump, and aim to place it just at the batsman's toes. In other words, aim for the crease line.

I either bowl the batsman, get him out LBW or give away a chea single using this method. Every time.

Using fast bowlers I find that it is pointless to pitch up on the crease, because any batsman with an ounce of skill straight drives me for six.

This is on 5-star setting, where it is sometimes impossible to get wickets. Just need the patience of a saint and keep bowling the same line, re-setting fields to chase catching chances and hope for a miracle. And then bat like crazy to avoid a draw because it took 2 and half days to get them out in their first damn innings!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I was getting smacked for six as... um, WA against England in a 4-dayer, I set a retreat field with sh*tloads of boundary fielders - result - after they clocked 100, I felled all 10 wickets for about 20 runs. I then proceeded to put 250 on them... and bowled them out second innings for 37.

ocko

juniors
question: i have been trying to changing the names of all the players from the unlicensed teams (such as sri lanka) to the licensed teams. But when i turn the PS2 off and restart the game, all the names go back to original, fake ones. how do i save my changed names?

willvillain

Juniors
Try saving the roster lists after you finish changing their names.

Like, go through 'my profile' etc. I haven't done this (mainly because I have only played Ashes or domestic comps, so the names are correct there) but I'm pretty sure there is a roster option.

That'd probably work.

D

Deleted member 10972

There is a major problem with re-naming the players. Some names don't fit in, such as Mohammed Yousuf, & players with hyphon in their names can't have hyphons when you rename them because you can't choose them one you've backspaced over them.

Latest posts