What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket 2007

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Oh?!!?!? Some of the teams dont have proper names??? I only bought the game today and havent played it as yet. Thats a little bit disappointing but I guess if you can rename them then it might be ok.

Front-Rower

First Grade
CycloneSteve said:
Oh?!!?!? Some of the teams dont have proper names??? I only bought the game today and havent played it as yet. Thats a little bit disappointing but I guess if you can rename them then it might be ok.

Yeah Aus, NZ, Eng and SA have the real names of the players. The rest of the countries don't due to EA not having the licences to use them.

D

Deleted member 10972

Can someone give me the real names for the minnow international teams ?

CycloneSteve

Juniors
And having the PS2 version, renaming all the players is going to be a real pain in the ass. PC is easy because you can just type them.
I still dont know why I got the PS2 version. I so badly wanted to play this game and was holding out for the PC version but no one was stocking them. So today I walked into EB Games and there was 4 copies of the PS2 version of the shelves. The girl at the counter said there would be a 4 week wait for the PC version so I buckled and bought the PS2 version. Will see how it goes later tonight.

ocko

juniors
you just save the roster after you rename the team/ teams, and load it whenever you want....cool, figured it out now.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Damn Brett Lee! :fist:

Although I did take 2 wickets in 3 balls with him in the Ashes scenario where you need to take 2 with Lee and 1 with Warne...

Eelementary

Post Whore
willvillain said:
Using fast bowlers I find that it is pointless to pitch up on the crease, because any batsman with an ounce of skill straight drives me for six.

This is on 5-star setting, where it is sometimes impossible to get wickets. Just need the patience of a saint and keep bowling the same line, re-setting fields to chase catching chances and hope for a miracle. And then bat like crazy to avoid a draw because it took 2 and half days to get them out in their first damn innings!

I always have some success with that technique...Not always a wicket, but pressure.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm not even going to look at going anywhere NEAR anything above 2 stars, until I start winning every game.

Twenty20 is hard no matter what star difficulty I'm on.

willvillain

Juniors
WHAT?!

For me the first three star settings are all the same, four star makes bowling a bit harder, and five star is off the richter.

Eelementary said:
Damn Brett Lee! :fist:

Although I did take 2 wickets in 3 balls with him in the Ashes scenario where you need to take 2 with Lee and 1 with Warne...

I remember doing that, I got stresscothic in my first Warne over, then bowled for years with Lee, trying to get Vaughan or Strauss out, eventually Strauss got and edge, then it took me a whole 2 deliveries to knock Ian Bell's pegs over.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Does anyone else have problems with the graphics on PC? They look all over the place when I load a match.

Timmah

Staff member
In the main menu before you go into any game go into "My Cricket" and then "System Settings", then "Display settings". You can fix it all there. Try to match your normal screen res to the screen res in C07, then make sure all the detail options are set to high. When you first get it all the settings are turned down.

Once you've changed those settings, save the profile or you'll have to do it every time.

BTW, I've found it extremely easy in 1 and 2 star level to get Warne to take a billion wickets.

Use the "D" ball on the keyboard (arrow with two funky breeze lines following it), have two silly midons and one silly mid off, and place it between the batsman and either of the silly mids, closer to the crease line. They knock it short, the silly mid dives and catches. I've gotten England out for 7 doing that. 6 of the 7 runs were no balls.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Marshall_magic said:
I remember doing that, I got stresscothic in my first Warne over, then bowled for years with Lee, trying to get Vaughan or Strauss out, eventually Strauss got and edge, then it took me a whole 2 deliveries to knock Ian Bell's pegs over.

It was hard. With Warne, it was easy.

But I bowled like 7 overs of Lee before I finally got the breakthrough. It was satisfying, though, as I set it up brilliantly.

Eelementary

Post Whore
True. It is harder once they their confidence. But the thing is, once they're confident, they'll play more shots. If they play more shots, they're more likely to get out.

One method that always works for me without fail is this:

With a pace bowler that can bowl swing deliveries, to a right-handed man bowl from the right of the wickets (sorry - I get confused with 'over the wicket' and 'around the wicket' lol). Aim to bowl a fullish delivery, so that he'll drive it, and make it a full pace out-swinger. He'll drive it, straight in the air, and it will be caught at long-off. Or should be.

Timmah

Staff member
It really does vary from skill level to skill level though.

Mal Meninga

Bench
At 4/5 stars, what is the plan of attack vs the aussies? They seem to be the only challenge on the game, everyone else is pretty much easy to flog.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Whoa...What's going on?

I keep bowling the same line and length that I bolwed when I just got the game, but now I'm struggling to take wickets. The only reason I really want to take heaps is because Lee has like 20 wickets so far in my World Cup and I want him to top the list lol.

Latest posts