What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket 2007

Toneee

Juniors
The best cricket game Ive ever played on PS2 or any platform. Unreal. The batting and bowling is so refined and different but one you get used to it, you wont put it down.

[furrycat]

Coach
I was afraid it was going to be good. Haven't played a good EA cricket game since 2002- Have to give it a go tonight and see how it compares.

nöyd

Staff member
It's on PC as well, going to pick it up tomorrow. By all accounts it's certainly an improvement on the last effort. (going by what I've read about it anyway).

I've been playing a fair bit of Ricky Pontings of late and got cricket 07 yesterday.

RPIC is definitely easier to pick up and be good at IMO, particularly if you use the century stick thing batting wise in Cricket 07 which is a bit of an acquired skill.
Depth wise, Cricket 07 is better with more competitions, teams and players. Official licences in all game modes is nice also.
Presentation wise, both are good, but very different. Player likeness is better in Cricket 07, while some of the animations in RPIC are very good.

Honestly, I like them both for different reasons. RPIC is a really good arcadey type game while cricket 07 is more simulation like.

Side note - Cricket 07 is a LOT better than EA's last effort which was abysmal

Corbin

Juniors
is the batting and bowling easier in this?

Seriously getting out for 10 runs as Australia against Nambia on easy in a ODI was just stupid.

(Im not crap at pc games :lol:)

Once you get the hang of the dual stick batting (although you can do it the old way if you like), it is much easier to make runs. Also the fielders aren't incredibly fast like last time, so 1's,2' and 3's are easy to come by.

One complaint, the outfield is lightning fast all the time so if you beat the infield with any sort of decent timing, it is 4.

Bowling wise it is a similar engine to 05, but the swing is easier controlled and you can now actually get legitimate edges that go to the keeper instead of them basically useless.

D

Deleted member 10972

2005 was atrocious. I loved 2004, only thing it lacked was swing & reverse swing etc. However 2005 was glitchy, graphics were poor, batting was awkward, bowling was futile, very poor effort. I hope the player rosters are nice & updated too.

aussies1st

Staff member
PC you can patch it and if you have a decent one then graphics will be about the same. PS2 only graphics and better century stick control.