What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla and Melbourne NSW Cup alliance

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just trying to see who Storm have signed from the NSW Cup
Definites:
Luke Kelly
Gareth Widdop
Justin O'Neill
Chase Stanley
Atelea Vea

Those who I'm fairly sure have been retained by Storm:
Rory Kostjasyn
Sione Kite
Hep Cahill

Those whose contracts ended this season and who haven't been resigned to my knowledge:
Luke MacDougall
James Woolford
Billy Rogers

Notable left overs:
Dane Chisolm
Jy Hitchcox
Willie Isa
Fred Makimare

among several others. I rate Chisholm highest among that last lot. Some of the tried he scored this year were freakish and came from deep within the realms of his own backside. He played at Fullback, Centre, Wing, Five-eighth and Halfback this year for the Storm.

The Storm have a lot of backs joining the Sharks NSW Cup side. Attack wise they are great, some of them though are quite poor defensively, and it's mostly due to their poor positioning and lack of peripheral vision. Tackling wise, they are very sound.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Just trying to see who Storm have signed from the NSW Cup
Definites:
Luke Kelly
Gareth Widdop
Justin O'Neill
Chase Stanley
Atelea Vea

Those who I'm fairly sure have been retained by Storm:
Rory Kostjasyn
Sione Kite
Hep Cahill

Those whose contracts ended this season and who haven't been resigned to my knowledge:
Luke MacDougall
James Woolford
Billy Rogers

Notable left overs:
Dane Chisolm
Jy Hitchcox
Willie Isa
Fred Makimare

among several others. I rate Chisholm highest among that last lot. Some of the tried he scored this year were freakish and came from deep within the realms of his own backside. He played at Fullback, Centre, Wing, Five-eighth and Halfback this year for the Storm.

The Storm have a lot of backs joining the Sharks NSW Cup side. Attack wise they are great, some of them though are quite poor defensively, and it's mostly due to their poor positioning and lack of peripheral vision. Tackling wise, they are very sound.

hmmm reading your update here MU I'd say the Storm have well and truly secured the wheat and the Sharks are left with the chaff. Chisholm is the only one to get excited about.

Lot of water to go under the bridge with this before it can be called a success IMO.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's pretty much the case Frenzy, although the players the Sharks have picked up will provide to be great depth.

Meaning the Sharks shouldn't chase depth signings, they should go all out, no holds barred and buy the biggest and best wherever they can.

Frenzy.

Immortal
That's pretty much the case Frenzy, although the players the Sharks have picked up will provide to be great depth.

Meaning the Sharks shouldn't chase depth signings, they should go all out, no holds barred and buy the biggest and best wherever they can.

Someone better tell them then.

S.R.

Juniors
from www.foxsports.com.au

The Storm also confirmed they had formed an alliance with Queensland Cup club Brisbane Easts, as well as NSW Cup side Cronulla.

Under the partnership arrangement, Storm will send NRL squad members not playing in their first-grade squad to either Cronulla or Brisbane Easts.

Great. The GOOD ones will go to Brisbane Easts. The crap ones to Cronulla.
AWESOME!

Now this just seems like a plan for Melbourne to be able to keep their juniors in NSWRL comps, unlike Canberra and Manly who are about to be booted for being affiliated only with Qld Cup sides.

Ralph_Wiggum

Juniors
Dead set, you sharks fans are so whiny! You shouild be grateful for having Melbourne players to boost your NSW cup team.

(Yes, I am a Melbourne storm fan. KEEP ON STORMING!)

Hughesy215

Juniors
It has been confimed by the club now but we are still yet to hear what players this means we will be getting. I no we will be getting a certain headgeared back rower back!

Quigs

Immortal
We are only getting him back for his sidestep MA.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Latest posts