What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla Sharks Development Approved!

Dread

Juniors
Retail is expected to bring in rent of about $1 mil per year.

Erasure of the debt will decrease interest payments by about $1 mil per year.

Sale of apartments will raise probably $15 - $20 mil over about eight years, which can be reinvested (hopefully wisely.)

Then increased foot traffic and patronage of the leagues club will aid revenues on that front too.

It's not going to have us competing with the Broncos anytime soon, but it'll have us much more competitive within the Sydney market. Not exisiting on the fumes of an oily rag anymore, and no danger of the banks calling in our debts... because they're gone!

Good news. This will secure the Sharks future, stop relocation talks (esp. to CC or WA) and keep the fans happy. I do say it though, you guys sure have luck when it comes to survival.

Ausguy

Coach
Good news. This will secure the Sharks future, stop relocation talks (esp. to CC or WA) and keep the fans happy. I do say it though, you guys sure have luck when it comes to survival.

This one wasn't luck. It was extremely good management.

bottle

Coach
Will this get some exposure in the next episode of 'The Shire'? Preferably discussed by some girls wearing skimpy tight boob tubes.

BranVan3000

Coach
Well the good management starts now. Just hope you don't run into typical problems with contractors and the work gets finished on time within budget

Dread

Juniors
This one wasn't luck. It was extremely good management.

Couldn't be more correct. Having watched this process closely from its first steps through to the decision today, everything about this development was handled with utmost professionalism.

Danish

Referee
Great news for the sharks, horrible news for the residents of the surrounding suburbs.

Dread

Juniors
Well the good management starts now. Just hope you don't run into typical problems with contractors and the work gets finished on time within budget

The best thing about the development is that we've taken on none of the risk. That's also why the returns aren't enormous.

Ausguy

Coach
Great news for the sharks, horrible news for the residents of the surrounding suburbs.

Why so?

Give me some facts as to why it's so awful.

The local amenities are going to be greatly improved. The public transport will be boosted and 1100 jobs created.

Awful for the community. Just awful.

Danish

Referee
Why so?

Give me some facts as to why it's so awful.

The local amenities are going to be greatly improved. The public transport will be boosted and 1100 jobs created.

Awful for the community. Just awful.

Over 1000 additional cars pouring in and out of the area on a captain cook drive every morning isn't going to cause any headaches for people is it?

Nor is the destruction of a half dozen soccer fields going to have any negative effects on the people who previously played sport there I suppose.

As to the 1100 jobs created, they'll just be filled by people previously employed elsewhere in the shire (probably to the detriment of other local businesses).

Most of my fellow shire residents I've spoken to aren't fans of the development. the sharks being financially viable is not really high up on care factor compared to adding a buttload of extra traffic trying to get over captain cook bridge each morning or piling onto the already insufficient train services.

SharkShocked

Bench
Over 1000 additional cars pouring in and out of the area on a captain cook drive every morning isn't going to cause any headaches for people is it?

Nor is the destruction of a half dozen soccer fields going to have any negative effects on the people who previously played sport there I suppose.

As to the 1100 jobs created, they'll just be filled by people previously employed elsewhere in the shire (probably to the detriment of other local businesses).

Most of my fellow shire residents I've spoken to aren't fans of the development. the sharks being financially viable is not really high up on care factor compared to adding a buttload of extra traffic trying to get over captain cook bridge each morning or piling onto the already insufficient train services.

:lol: