What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla Sharks want to bring Brett Kimmorley back for one last hurrah

Sharkie73

Bench
From Foxsports!!!
Cronulla Sharks want to bring Brett Kimmorley back for one last hurrah

By Stuart Honeysett and Margie McDonald
July 26, 2010 Brett Kimmorley has said he expects to make a career decision this week after his former club Cronulla indicated it was interested in luring him back for one last hurrah.
The 33-year-old former Australia halfback has been weighing up his future for months and is torn between playing for another club or retiring and taking up a coaching role with Canterbury-Bankstown.

"Hopefully, it will all be sorted this week," Kimmorley said.

"I haven't made my mind up but I have to make a decision and it's something I want to end sooner rather than later.

"I think I'll be more comfortable once I make a decision and you guys will find out once I make it."

Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan said on ABC radio that he intended to sound out Kimmorley this week about the possibility of him returning to the Sutherland Shire for 2011. Kimmorley spent seven seasons with the Sharks from 2002-08, but his final year was marked by a fractured relationship with former coach Ricky Stuart.

The pair never fully recovered from the 2005 State of Origin series when then NSW coach Stuart dumped Kimmorley as his halfback for costing the Blues Game I.

Kimmorley guided the Sharks to a preliminary final in 2008, but was released early from his contract so the Sharks could sign Trent Barrett upon his return from English club Wigan.

Given Stuart has left Cronulla and Barrett has announced his retirement, Flanagan is hoping he can lure Kimmorley back to add experience in the halves.

The Sharks have used Scott Porter and Tim Smith with limited success this season and have recently signed Penrith five-eighth Wade Graham for next year.

"I have considered Brett Kimmorley and I'm going to have a chat with him over the next couple of days and just see where Brett's at and see if he wants to play again," Flanagan said.

"I've got some good forwards but if I haven't got any halves, I'm wasting my time."

The Bulldogs are keen for Kimmorley to remain at the club but only if he moves into a coaching role as they have young halves in Ben Barba, Trent Hodkinson and Kris Keating for 2011.

In other news, Newcastle Knights year could be about to go from bad to worse as five-eighth Ben Rogers (ankle) and winger James McManus (medial ligament) are in danger of missing the rest of the season through injury.

North Queensland Cowboys have hooker Aaron Payne (ankle) and prop Matt Scott (neck) in doubt for Friday night's game against Penrith.

Link: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27460402-5018866,00.html

millersnose

Post Whore
hahaha

seriously though a very good half with a good strategic kicking game

last time we had one of those we came equal first

azzah72

Bench
Like i said in the other thread, I'm of the opinion he'd do better then what Barrett has done but it isn't saying much.

But there really isn't anyone else that's available, We're dreaming about Cronk, I think just about every other decent prospect is signed, he just might be the person we need, just not the person we want.

He did guide us to the 2008 finals after all, we can't go another year with Smith, Morris or Porter.

Thats why I'm so annoyed about getting rid if seymour.

Frailty

First Grade
To be perfectly honest Kimmorley >>>>>>> Smith & Porter

But why sign a 33 year old for one year who is truly past his best? Unless the clubs thinks we could get a decent coaching career out of him...

Either way, I'd prefer to develop a young half from within or outside the club.

Special K

Coach
I hate Kimmorley but even he is better than the mental midget tim smith.

0,5001,5799020,00.jpg

timsmith_wideweb__470x312,2.jpg

Quigs

Immortal
I will not put up with another season of the gnome playing in the sky blue black and white.

Run to the side, slide back a little and turn it inside .... watch the forward get smashed.

No I won't put up with it.

I will slide the rock over my cave entrance and go into hibernation with Yogi and Boo Boo and wait till the sun shines again in 2012.

Gawd it's never a dull moment being a sharks supporter.

C'mon Canberra, make my day !!!!

Cheers
Declared idiot #88
Quigs

Latest posts