What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Referee
From what I've heard the weather has been the worst in Perth for years this afternoon. Just have a look at the waterlogged surface. I have not seen a top-line RL game played on that much water since the early 90's.

Someone could drown tonight!

pcpp

Juniors
Least it's live. Shows the value of a wa team to tv

It's not live.

Game started at 9pm and there was a 4 minute break after the second try.

Nine had the opportunity to show it live, would of got huge ratings and they would still rather delay it... disgraceful.

kurt faulk

Coach

if that ground is the best perth has got to offer then they have no chance of entry into the nrl. do they still live in the 70s?

beave

Coach
Exactly, it's a shame of the terrible weather in Perth tonight as there would have been 20k IMO there at NIB. I swear sometimes our game is f**king cursed.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
It's not live.

Game started at 9pm and there was a 4 minute break after the second try.

Nine had the opportunity to show it live, would of got huge ratings and they would still rather delay it... disgraceful.

So it started at 7pm wst ?

pcpp

Juniors
Great crowd Perth - biggest crowd since Souths started playing there, amazing considering the conditions. I think this will be a huge boost to WA's expansion bid.

Apparently it was a sell out too and there's a capacity of 25,000 so close 10,000 more tickets would of been sold.

To compare (Souths v Storm):

2010: 13,164
2009: 15,197

So it started at 7pm wst ?

Yep.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors

if that ground is the best perth has got to offer then they have no chance of entry into the nrl. do they still live in the 70s?

I'm pretty sure the eastern and western stands are going to be rebuilt over the next 2 years. I think i heard capacity will be around 27K when the Reds enter the competition.

Chook Norris

First Grade
wow there was more this time round at perth than in 2009? I remember listening on radio and they said they couldnt believe there were several thousand seats left in the official figures for the 2009 game

Last edited:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
So 10000 paid 30 bucks each and didn't even click the turnstile.

Methinks not.

All reports said about 17k was expected about 1500 said f**k this it's too wet

Vossy thinks one bloke in a ute is a sell out

cleary89

Coach
Apparently capacity is 22k.

Quite understandable not that many turned up. Think about how souths have 13k members, but only got 8k on a friday night against another sydney team in the wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.