What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

yakstorm

First Grade
Big difference between a beautiful sunday arvo game with souths and a sat night game with the faders.

There is no doubt that the fact it is against an out of Sydney team and that it is on a Saturday night will mean that the Sharks won't get as good of a crowd as they did today, but still as long as the weather isn't horrible, I think the Sharks will still get decent numbers.

Don't forget already this year the Sharks have drawn on night games:
15,133 v Manly - Saturday Night
14,436 v Broncos - Friday Night

Considering the Sharks are now on the verge of the eight and Gallen's back, I think a crowd of 14K+ is quite realistic for them next Saturday.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Today was a perfect example of how brilliant weather produces great crowds, and further vindicates the rain/bad weather excuse when we do get poor crowds from time to time.

Timmah

Staff member
Today's Toyota Stadium crowd was made up of some Souths fans wasn't it? :?

nko11

Juniors
Round 17 Crowds so far:
Parramatta Vs Brisbane - 11,079
Panthers Vs Bulldogs - 15,383
Sharks Vs Rabbitohs - 18,829
Dragons Vs Knights - 17,205
Roosters Vs Raiders - ?,???

-----------------------------------
Round 18 estimation:
Warriors Vs Gold Coast - 15K
Parramatta Vs Wests Tigers - 18K
Cronulla Vs Raiders - 14K
Bulldogs Vs Storm - 13K*
Roosters Vs Panthers - 14K
Manly Vs Rabbitohs - 17K
Knights Vs Cowboys - 17K

*Not really sure

Timmah

Staff member
Bulldogs v Storm last year got 10,050 which was close to packed given the Western Stand was still a construction site.

13k should be the minimum for it, I'd honestly hope 15k turned up.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Sunday arvo? Anywhere between 12 and 16 depending on weather and how completely inept we are against Canberra.

16.... :?

you're kidding ..... even if the Roosters were comp leaders
it was 21c ... & the Panthers brought 5K with em .. you wouldn't get 16

neither tonight or next Sunday will crack 10K

Raiderdave

First Grade
Bulldogs v Storm last year got 10,050 which was close to packed given the Western Stand was still a construction site.

13k should be the minimum for it, I'd honestly hope 15k turned up.

the Adelaide Oval had a capacity of 16K , when these 2 met there last year ... so 10K was hardly packed :?

won't get 15K
probably won't get 13K either

I'd be safe & go for 10 .. again.:sarcasm:

DIOGENES

Juniors
Round 17 last year was 71K so 10K are needed tonight to match that - probably won't happen.

BUT Last year Rd 17 got 30K at Lang for Broncos vs Tigers and the other 4 matches averaged 10K - so taking that into account another SOO affected round has produced a better result than last year,

Status
Not open for further replies.