What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightySharks

Bench
At least cronulla don't lie about their crowd figures like other clubs.

Honestly felt there was around 12500 last night!

Maybe we should lie just to shut some people up.

Our crowd average is currently our fourth highest in our history.

We are going okay, don't forget the nearly 19000 last week, people struggle to come up with cash two weeks in a row.

At least cronulla don't lie about their crowd figures like other clubs.

Honestly felt there was around 12500 last night!

Maybe we should lie just to shut some people up.

Our crowd average is currently our fourth highest in our history.

We are going okay, don't forget the nearly 19000 last week, people struggle to come up with cash two weeks in a row.

You don't have to justify yourself to him; he's just mad because your team beat his team last night.

wain

Juniors
Fantastic post, despite some posters on here i think the Bulldogs will continue to play games there as part of the NRL premiership. The bulldogs have made moves to make this event in future years and are even thinking about taking 2 games there next year.

If the NRL were going to drop Adelaide i don't think you would of seen the CEO over there in the last few weeks making sure that Rugby League can continued to be played at the venue.

On the TV, the crowd didn't look to bad in the chappell or that new stand.

yeah, Im glad they've made the commitment...good step in the right direction. It would be great to have 2 games per year. Just wish they move them to hindmarsh stadium.

on the crowd number, its also worth mentioning that the crows only got 23,000 to their last home match, and no doubt Power will get even less than that today. Crowds are down big time for those 2 teams. No doubt some fans would have stayed away last night to watch Super Rugby final too...just like other areas where either of the Rugby's isnt dominant, fans tend to support both a bit more...and most fans own Foxtel because we get bugger all on FTA.

wain

Juniors
The NRL needs to look at subsidising junior tickets for teams who take games to potential expansion areas.

absolutely key in my opinion. Keep pushing school visits and give out a bunch of freebies, otherwise its just going to keep being the same 10,000 strong crowd.

As much as Port Power struggles right now with crowds, they've done an amazing job of getting kids on board. I could take a poll at my school, and Id say almost half would pick Port as their team...great job in locking the next generation of paying fans!

undertaker

Coach
19,856 at Brookvale

I don't know what the capacity of Brooky is these days and whether the days of when they used to get 20000+ have become a distant memory, but today's figure would have to be one of the largest crowds there for quite sometime. It looked like a full-house on tv.

Last edited:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Great crowd at Brooky.

Roosters :roll:

And some Roosters fans have the hyde to say the eels aren't one of the bigger Sydney teams.

DIOGENES

Juniors
80,269 so far this round with 1 to go. 2 very good crowds and 4 less than average but should still easily beat round 18 from 2010 -86,920 (unless there's an unexpected cyclone in Townsville)

Brutus

Referee
Just got back from Brooky.

How did they ever fit 27k into that ground back in 86. There was a lot of people standing behind the southern goal posts, who couldn't get a seat or a bench to sit on.

I know the arko stand wasn't there back then, but that particular area wasn't all that big anyway.

Quality fairy floss on a stick at that ground I must say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts