What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmar28

Bench
Brilliant crowd at the Eels/Warriors game but even better was the Eels winning so that we can see the scum Warriors bandwagon supporters only turn up in 15k numbers for there next home game

What's your problem? And get some spelling lessons.

Great crowd. League is taking over NZ.

DC_fan

Coach
The Titans season ticket prices for Adults are (Source 2011 NRL Season Guide)

Titanium $615
Gold $460
Steel $290

The Gold Coast Suns season ticket prices for Adults are (www.goldcoastfc.com.au)

Gold A $540
Gold B $420
Silver 11 $260

So the Suns are cheaper, but not by a whole lot.

Billythekid

First Grade
Do f**k off, many people are rebuilding their lives and you think they can all drop everything and go to the footy?

Wake up ffs.

Look f*ck you. If you can't handle the discussion than just bow out, don't try and and make up crap like that. I have family and friends in that area (i grew up in Gatton and Toowoomba) so i know whats going on. I never once said i expect people to drop everything to go to the footy so stop trying to discredit what im saying with irrelevant BS.

The titans crowds were dropping well before the floods happened. They have been declining for the last couple of years.

I'm not trying to have a dig at the club im simply having a discussion about their crowds, which is the point of this thread.

you were the one that turned into an AFL V NRL argument by mentioning the Suns ... " oh how good are they " oh oh ....wow:roll:

I said give it time
& we'll see how good they end up....

I didn't bring up the suns, that was in response to someone else. I already said i don't give a sh*t about how the suns are doing, this is about how the titans are doing.

I am giving them time but their crowds are dropping. Im just hoping that the club can do something to turn that around. I think they can but as of right now its not happening so im discussing it.

clarency

Juniors
Great thread :roll:

Im not crawling thru 12 pages with each taking 45 seconds to load looking for a tally, tim tam, create another thread and merge these....have a running total on page one eh?

This should have been the way it was done since the beginning...

In-goal

Bench
The Titans are selling season tickets at a low rate, suprising, but let's be frank was it expected?

Michael Searle and his cronies have built the club up so far on BS and hype, what we will see over the next few years is a steadying of crowds, then a climb.

All new sporting Franchises start well, so long as they are given a boost. The titans stared well, the future will dictate that they will be around with good crowds for a long time.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Great crowd. League is taking over NZ.

i'd rather it didn't take over if it means i have to put up with a stadium full of colossal merkins just to go and see my club play in the regular season.

if league were to ever take over i'd probably stock up on the red bull and follow union.

and obviously i'm exaggerating, but not by as much as i'd like.

CMUX

Crowds have been good so far IMO although I am a touch disappointed by the Gold Coast crowd. The only one that really worries me is the Storm crowd. It was their 1st game playing for points in nearly 12 months against one of the only teams they have a rivalry with. They should certainly of beaten the rebels crowd given they played a South African side and the NAB cup final was the same night.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Look f*ck you. If you can't handle the discussion than just bow out, don't try and and make up crap like that. I have family and friends in that area (i grew up in Gatton and Toowoomba) so i know whats going on. I never once said i expect people to drop everything to go to the footy so stop trying to discredit what im saying with irrelevant BS.

I can handle it, you seem to want to put sh*t on them any way you can, wake the f**k up.

The titans crowds were dropping well before the floods happened. They have been declining for the last couple of years.

Of course they would, they're a new team and the crowds would obviously be bigger at the start when there's a real buzz going around.

Why do people automatically think everyone of the Gold Coasts fans comes from the GC?

No other team has this put on them.

I'm not trying to have a dig at the club im simply having a discussion about their crowds, which is the point of this thread.

You are, you're in here whinging and whining constantly and comparing fumbleball to them who haven't played a f**king game..

I didn't bring up the suns, that was in response to someone else. I already said i don't give a sh*t about how the suns are doing, this is about how the titans are doing.

You mention members, facebook, blah blah blah.

I am giving them time but their crowds are dropping. Im just hoping that the club can do something to turn that around. I think they can but as of right now its not happening so im discussing it.

Drop the f**king prices for a start!

fanatique

Juniors
So far this round is as follows

Broncos crowd was par
Roosters were marginally higher than par
Warriors was great.
Storm was below what we would hope is par.
Titans really should be getting 25,000 against flag holding Dragons so below par. There is no point telling ourselves that their prices are huge. They are not.

NRLMad

Juniors
Roosters/Souths 28K - not bad; looked bigger
Broncos/Cowboys 45K - OK
Warriors/Eels 38.5K - Great! Close to double a normal crowd.
Storm/Manly 14.9K - not bad; looked bigger; Manly would barely have sent 500 there.
GC/Saints 21K - Would ahve expected more - but; not bad all the same.

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
I can handle it, you seem to want to put sh*t on them any way you can, wake the f**k up.

You wake the f*ck up. Put sh*t on them anyway i can? I simply commented that the GC crowds have been poor. You then tried to imply that i was somehow being insensitive to the people affected by the floods.

It's disgusting that you even bring that event into the discussion at all.

Of course they would, they're a new team and the crowds would obviously be bigger at the start when there's a real buzz going around.

I can guarantee no one was predicting their crowds would drop as much as they have with the form they have had.

Why do people automatically think everyone of the Gold Coasts fans comes from the GC?

No other team has this put on them.

Point out where i said that? I only mentioned the dragons fans because they probably made up half the crowd. The GC won't be able to rely on that for the rest of the year.

There is nothing wrong with them having a big crowd when they face the dragons. The problem is that without the dragons fans they will be lucky to pull 14K next game (hopefully they get more than that).

You are, you're in here whinging and whining constantly and comparing fumbleball to them who haven't played a f**king game..

I made one post and the rest have been in reply to other peoples posts on the subject. This is a forum, you are supposed to have discussions so i don't see whats wrong with that.

I'm not whinging and whining, all i said was that GC's crowds were disappointing. You're just trying to blow that out of proportion to make your argument look better.

I also only made 2 posts regarding the AFL and they were only in response to what other people said.

I have made it clear mulitple times that my opinion of the titans has nothing to do with the AFL.

You mention members, facebook, blah blah blah.

Complete and utter sh*t. I made one post that mentioned the suns members. Point out in this thread where i have mentioned facebook members. You can't, you just make that sh*t up because you quickly jump to the defensive when your hear the word AFL. Pathetic.

I also love how you add in blah blah blah to make it sound like i mentioned multiple other things. All i mentioned was memberships.

Drop the f**king prices for a start!

Well if you agree that this is a problem then why are you f*cking arguing with me in the first place?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
i'd rather it didn't take over if it means i have to put up with a stadium full of colossal merkins just to go and see my club play in the regular season.

if league were to ever take over i'd probably stock up on the red bull and follow union.

and obviously i'm exaggerating, but not by as much as i'd like.

Yep. Once again the crowd was full of absolutely deplorable spastics. It's like "league at Eden Park" brings out a particular genius demographic.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Absolutely roasting here at Penrith. 2 people have already fainted inside the ground. Im dripping with sweat. The obvious lack of shade in this ground will keep the families with young kids away today. Will be lucky to get 13k.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
There is a couple of pockets of shade under some trees on the Northern hill, enough for a about 150 people. This area is PACKED whilst the rest of the hill is empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts