What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

manoj p

Juniors
A few of you should be aware the Suns will be playing their first half dozen games in Brisbane.

By the time they get back to the GC, they will be running near the bottom and be lucky to average 15,000 at Carrara.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Titans crowd was woeful.

Season opener, close to 45-50% of the crowd was Dragons fans. Where the hell have the Titans fans gone?

They need to reduce prices. That's the only explanation I can think of.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Raiders crowd is a disgrace,looks even less then what the spastic Brumbies got against the Chiefs in there opening round match,Rebels playing a South African side got a better crowd then the Storm and the Brumbies playing a kiwi side got a better crowd then the Raiders,absolute disgrace.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
A few families have packed up and left before kick off here and the faintings are continuing too!

WaznTheGreat

Referee
If the crowd is fainting and leaving then surely its not safe for the players to who actually have to run around and play in that sh*t

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Canberra pretty ordinary lucky to be 13k. I think 200k is dead

Mnf will have to get 25k +

A shame if we don't get it, best chance for a while probably, although i don't think the crowds are a disgrace as some have said. 45k, 28k, 38k, 21k, 14.5k so far is pretty good considering the last two RD1 attendances in have been lower (av. 20k and 21k i think)

Any word on what the Panthers crowd looks like???

Panther_Daz

Staff member
A few families have packed up and left before kick off here and the faintings are continuing too!

Shame about Penrith to be honest Tigers vs Dogs should of being the Sunday Afternoon game while Panthers vs Knights be the Monday game. Tigers vs Dogs would easily have more potential to draw higher than Penrith's game on a Sunday afternoon than Penrith.

Billythekid

First Grade
Looks like both the crowds today will be pretty average. Hopefully the dogs/tigers can get us across 200K.

I think Canberras crowds are going to pick up very fast.

applesauce

Bench
Sydney v South Sydney - 28.7k
Brisbane v North QLD - 45.1k
New Zealand v Parramatta - 38.5k
Gold Coast v St. George Illawarra - 21k
Melbourne v Manly - 14.9k
Canberra v Cronulla - 13.4k

Need 38.4k from the remaining to games to crack 200k.

Assuming the Dogs v Tigers get 25k (conservative), we need 13.4k to turn up this arvo to have it in the bag...

_Johnsy

Referee
Poor crowd in Canberra (I have noticed in other threads that a few are blaming the long weekend). I would have thought this would have increased the crowd.

clarency

Juniors
Long w/e's give them a chance to have one last chance to head over to the coastal beaches before the winter season kicks-in.

What I heard at least.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Under the Eastern Stand resembles a hospital. Bodies everywhere, First Aid people working overtime. They ground ran out of water 10 mins into the first half, thankfully stock has just arrived from the club.To make it worse we have a massive storm bearing down on us.

_Johnsy

Referee
Yeah my wife grew up in Yarralumla, she said exactly the same thing.

Apparently it's a ghost town on long weekends, well more of a ghost town than it normally is.

Poor crowd in Canberra (I have noticed in other threads that a few are blaming the long weekend). I would have thought this would have increased the crowd.

It might have if they'd played down at Batemans Bay.

4 factors I think: (1) long weekend (2) in competition with biggest race meeting of the year in Canberra (Black Opal Stakes) (3) Cronulla (4) Raiders missing some star players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts