What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Johnsy

Referee
It might have if they'd played down at Batemans Bay.

4 factors I think: (1) long weekend (2) in competition with biggest race meeting of the year in Canberra (Black Opal Stakes) (3) Cronulla (4) Raiders missing some star players.

I would have thought that some good buys in the off season, a season of much promise and & gift 2 points to start the year off, and no work on monday would have ensured a better crowd.

Anywho, I'm sure their crowds will increase. next Friday night V Broncs will be interesting. After a great 1st up win, anything short of 25k will be disappointing IMO.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Happy with the Canberra crowd, they will definitely get a bigger one against the broncos on friday night.

As for penrith well its just unfortunate its so damn hot, 35 degrees in a stadium with next to no shade was always going to keep the numbers down.

Still a solid start to the year.

beave

Coach
canberra winning and playing so damn well should set up friday night game just nicely for a decent crowd....... hopefully.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Round 2

Eels/Panthers 18k
Raiders/Broncos 22k
Storm/Titans 16k
Tigers/Warriors 19k
Cowboys/Knights 18k
Bunnies/Doggies 28k
Roosters/Sea Eagles 18k
Sharks/Dragons 8k

ouwet

Bench
IF the Bulldogs get 25K on a monday night it'll be a GREAT effort!

We should do it, weather pending though!

docbrown

Coach
Sydney v South Sydney - 28.7k
Brisbane v North QLD - 45.1k
New Zealand v Parramatta - 38.5k
Gold Coast v St. George Illawarra - 21k
Melbourne v Manly - 14.9k
Canberra v Cronulla - 13.4k

Need 38.4k from the remaining to games to crack 200k.

Assuming the Dogs v Tigers get 25k (conservative), we need 13.4k to turn up this arvo to have it in the bag...

So 174 k or so at the moment. That's the 3rd highest NRL round ever with 1 more game to go.

2008 - Round 1 - 183,627
2007 - Round 1 - 185,051

Need 11k minimum on Monday night to get the record.

applesauce

Bench
Should see some good increases to the Storm and Raiders next home games.

With the Knights and Cowboys giving hope to their fans = higher first home round matches.

Chook Norris

First Grade
such a shame about today's crowds.. also strange decision to show the panthers match before a game like the tigers and dogs

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Round 2

Eels/Panthers 18k
Raiders/Broncos 22k
Storm/Titans 16k
Tigers/Warriors 19k
Cowboys/Knights 18k
Bunnies/Doggies 28k
Roosters/Sea Eagles 18k
Sharks/Dragons 8k

Souths and Doggies are two of the most famous teams in the NRL with great membership numbers and playing out at ANZ stadium means its basically a home game for both teams,this game should get 40k but i know im completely idiotic for being optimistic and thinking that two famous clubs can bring 20k fans each to a game

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
That's why I'm a bit dirty about some people having a go at certain crowds.

Either way, the record is going to be beat and that's a good thing.

Yeah some crowds could've been better, but when you break records, you really don't have anything to complain about.

Well done all and lets look forward to making a new record over this one as soon as possible.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Souths and Doggies are two of the most famous teams in the NRL with great membership numbers and playing out at ANZ stadium means its basically a home game for both teams,this game should get 40k but i know im completely idotic for being optimistic and thinking that two famous clubs can bring 20k each to a game

souths injuries and rd 1 performance won't help, doggies.. well also depends on how they play
i think they should get at least 25k though

With a 1st round win over the Broncos, I expect the Cowboys to get a great first home crowd and if they win by repaying the faith to the supporters I expect Cowboy crowds to grow higher and be like that use to be in the past.

pcpp

Juniors
such a shame about today's crowds.. also strange decision to show the panthers match before a game like the tigers and dogs

Not too surprising really... Nine have choices 1, 2 and 5 for TV games.

They would've gone Broncos v Cowboys and Roosters v Rabbitohs for 1 and 2.

Fox would've chose Dogs v Tigers as their number 3 and probably Titan v Dragons for their Number 4.

So they most likely had a choice of Storm v Manly, Panthers v Knights and Raiders v Sharks. I think Storm v Manly is the better matchup but I guess Nine thought Panthers v Knights would get better ratings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.