What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
That's because in Victoria we drive cars, not horse and carts. :)

lol, smartarse.

I was just looking at my next door neigboures 2010 Ferrari. f**k, what a car :shock:

Felt a twitch :lol:

Half a million $$ worth and 50k for the break rotors alone + $150 to fill it for a weekend run :shock:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
???

Titans v Dragons was almost the same as it was last year. It was a fine crowd.

Storm v Sea Eagles was fine too - it was almost the same total for last years match between these two

I find it strange how you can talk down the Storm crowd, but talk up the Raiders 13k as C. Admitedly it was against the worst team in the comp, and several players were missing, I think in those circumstances its a reasonable crowd for Canberra.

The Panthers are not a big club for attendences. I am happy if they can average greater than 12k this year. You ain't exactly going to get a lot of travelling Knights fans to this one. Especially when they are probably hanging out for a home game in their refurbished stadium

EDIT - just on Storm vs Sea Eagles, what do you recon the same game would draw at that Sh!thole Brookvale?

The Titans memberships have grown by over 2000 so how can having the same crowd as last year be fine? especially when your playing the world champs

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Min 21 Max 25 A few showers. Windy.Chance of any rain: 70%
rain_70.gif
Rainfall amount: 4 to 10 mm Metropolitan area

Cloudy. Scattered showers from the late morning. Isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening. Winds northwesterly ahead of a southerly change averaging up to 45 km/h late morning.

This is a big road block in the quest for 26K...

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I remember Souths and the Doggies getting 30k on a Monday night clash last season but that was mainly because a lot of hobos were coming from the easter show afterwards to watch

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
its still gonna be the biggest single round in history

I reckon 21k for mnf. 195k will still be great work

It's like a 24k average. Nrl should release ga for $5 tomorrow as a one off

To really pump it up

Brutus

Referee
haynetrain/fraser/cutie is a union troll and a big RL crowd in NZ hurts him really bad.:lol::crazy:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I'm a bit disappointed with the Raider's crowd TBH. First game of the season, lovely weather, high expectaions and the Brumbies suck at the moment. The only thin I can think of is that it's a long weekend and Canberran's tend to get the hell out of dodge on these occasions.

Still..........I thought we'd do better than 13.5K

I reckon there will be a big crowd for the Broncos on Friday though.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Penrith was rediculously hot today. That stadium needs so much more shade. Even something removable up above the Western stand to block out the sun for the Eastern Side would be enough. Parra stadium could use something similar except the upper tier of our Eastern Stand is ok for shade.

manoj p

Juniors
Brisbane vs North QLD - 45,119
Sydney vs South Sydney - 28,703
Gold Coast vs St. George Illawarra - 21,709
Melbourne vs Manly - 14,651
Canberra vs Cronulla - 13,450
Penrith vs Newcastle - 12,431
New Zealand vs Parramatta - 38,405
Total - 174, 468

Cheers for the summary... this thread sucks.

Given there has only been two games in Sydney (including out at Penrith), Dogs v Tigers should pull close to the needed 25,532 for the 200K.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If it gets less than 15k, something's wrong with both supporter bases.

ouwet

Bench
Think the 25K will be covered IF it's a dry night!!!

Shame the Raiders or Penrith game wasn't monday and our game yesterday (Such a nice day for a big crowd).

You don't seem to understand.

On this day, thousands get out of Canberra and head to the Bay, maura, ulladulla, nowra and a whole heap of other places, they've done this for decades.

That's why I mentioned the driving around Braidwood/Goulburn.

The merkins are known.

It's usually the last weekend they can get away before the winds from the snowies start blowing through.

It's nothing more than an excuse for a sh*t crowd.

It was 33 degrees, i'm not sure if that is a 'nice day' to watch footy.

It wasn't, it was stinking f**king hot, plenty of people around us were saying the same thing. Even worse was the fact they ran out of bottled water before halftime.

Status
Not open for further replies.