What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

azza29

Juniors
GA for the Storm/Manly game was sold out last night but a few more tix have just gone on sale according to Storm twitter account. 16k sold so far according to the Herald Sun. Will be hard to get casuals along once GA sells out completely as cat 2 is $60.

Storm have received a full page in the paper each day this week (as opposed to their usual 150 word story) so that should help hype up the game. And the NRL's ads actually have the right time on them, so that should help a little...

TheRam

Coach
Lets face it people, the NRL sucks massively in regard to crowds and promotion compared to that abomination known as AFL. When they can get over 50000+ people to pay through the teeth to watch a perpetual knock on and make it cool to do so, then we are light years behind them.

This now needs to be made our equal top priority with junior development. We must make league the coolest sport in the country, no excuses. Where everybody wants to be seen. No excuses. Anything less is a total and utter failure by all our administrators.

TheRam

Coach
Afl will only get high 50s

We will put 20000 on them

Only? That is a brilliant result for a low grade muck about thing like AFL. Especially when you consider that their tickets are roughly twice the price of the NRL's. So when you work it out, it is like they sold over 110 000+ tickets to our 70000+, if we make it to that figure even, which I think we should do.

So like I said earlier, we are way behind these toads stools in this regard, which is soooo f*cking ridiculous. It needs addressing urgently by everyone within the game NOW!!!

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Just because they are fisting their fans. Doesn't mean we should

You could double the price to the nrl on sat night and would not effect crowd

azza29

Juniors
Just because they are fisting their fans. Doesn't mean we should

You could double the price to the nrl on sat night and would not effect crowd

IMO ticket pricing is one thing the NRL definitely have right - $35-80 for a prelim is very reasonable whereas the AFL's prices are extortionate and basically rely on desperate fans giving in. Even if the Bombers were playing instead of Hawthorn this weekend there's no way I'd be paying $100+ for a seat.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
What about the germ of an AFL media manager last week who kept retweeting the crowd figure at the sfs

It was a shit figure but we don't need some germ doing that

The NRL guys don't deride the Gws crowds publicly

Most RL types are happy to live peacefully with them. But they dont want to reciprocate

Big Sam

First Grade
I cannot believe the Bulldogs are being clearly outdone by Souths fans in ticket sales :eek:

I knew they'd be behind after the members sale with souths having 50% more members
but I thought the Dogs fans would pull it back yesterday

but they've made no impression on the % .. in fact..Souths fans went further ahead :sarcasm:

Why does this surprise you? We've got the biggest supporter base in Sydney but thousands of them haven't bothered to come in the last decade because of the lack of success. Now with the momentum of this season we're seeing 'dormant' Souths supporters come from everywhere.

I think we're potentially looking at a membership base of +50k if we have a sustained (at least 5 yrs continuous) period of success.

You had several cracks at us last week and we turned up. And now you're having more cracks this week and we'll still turn up in droves.

dragons__

Juniors
Why does this surprise you? We've got the biggest supporter base in Sydney but thousands of them haven't bothered to come in the last decade because of the lack of success. Now with the momentum of this season we're seeing 'dormant' Souths supporters come from everywhere.

I think we're potentially looking at a membership base of +50k if we have a sustained (at least 5 yrs continuous) period of success.

You had several cracks at us last week and we turned up. And now you're having more cracks this week and we'll still turn up in droves.

Let's start by at least getting those 21k current members turing up to games on a regular basis...

Raiderdave

First Grade

oh blah blah blah

thats all your club & its supporters have been full of for 40 years
ticket sales are still behind 2009 to date so don't pee yr pants just yet

Souths fans have got in a bit earlier in numbers that are only acceptable , thats all.. Bulldogs fans so far have been a bit slower off the mark .. thats what has surprised me a little bit

but they'll come to the party & I predict have more fans there then your lot on Saturday ...

over to you Dogs fans ;-)

ouwet

Bench
Well I give up with the ticketek website... Now you can buy 20 tickets (Together) in South Sydney Cat 1... For the best part of a day it was apparently sold out???? Bulldogs Cat 1 only singles.

And LOL South Sydney think they've got the biggest supporter base in Sydney! No Chance. You think saturday will be all green n red, you got no idea... Bulldog supporters are notorious for buying tickets late... So unless you sell them out today, expect the 60/40 split to even out big time.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Dogs fans will be far too busy beheading infidels and smashing police cars to be bothered attending a rugby league game on Saturday I would think. I'm surprised that they have sold as many tickets as they have thus far.

ouwet

Bench
Dogs fans will be far too busy beheading infidels and smashing police cars to be bothered attending a rugby league game on Saturday I would think. I'm surprised that they have sold as many tickets as they have thus far.

South Sydney supporters are safe... We only target people with teeth :D

this i typed in souths, cat 1. there are still plenty available on the second tier. Our Cat 1's are all sold out.
they also have cat 2 available up the top. and its showing more central then our doggies side. ( which means we have sold more there as well).
their cat 3 behind the posts are pretty similar to our cat 3.

Overall, going by ticketek alloactions. Dogs look to have sold much more.
Not sure where the media or NRL are getting their % from

^^^
this is a post from the dogs forum.

Jamberoo

Juniors
I watch AFL as well as well so I don't care about the 'war', but I just could not believe Sportsbet were offering $2.05 on the NRL crowd being bigger.
The max bet was $200, and by the time I got on NRL had come in to $2.00, then $1.95 for my next bet, then $1.88 then betting was suspended.
Plus I reckon Sportsbet forgot that the maximum crowd for AFL is 73,000 anyway so if both sell out I win anyway. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.