What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

firechild

First Grade
With all that then how come they can get 50k to a top game on a rainy night yet our clubs struggle to get 20k for top of the table clashes in Sydney in similiar conditions?

Because 99% of fumbleball fans in Sydney follow the Swans while the support of rugby league in Sydney is distributed between 9 clubs. Go find some fumbleball forum to express your love of the game.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
ha ha. well I have to admisre your optimism. What measurement /definitions would you care to use?

Crowds?, membership?, sponsorship?, turnover?, brand awareness?, media mentions? name 1 measure of 'big' that Collingwood are not the biggest in for any code anywhere in Australia by a massive margin?

I'd love for RL to be big, bigger and biggest, but being deluded about where we stand right now doesnt help. The Bulldogs are not even vaguely in the same scale. come on! The only club we have that could possibly be compared is Brisbane.

TV ratings.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Yeah fair enough add them to the list...

If you take out Brisbane and think about just NSW clubs, the only 2 clubs who are going places in terms of crowds are Dogs and Newcastle....

Hmmm lets think what have these two done in the past few years,

CHEAP FLEXIBLE MEMBERSHIPS.... , game day experience, good marketing,

Why can't all the others work this out...

7 years ago, the dogs were all thought to be rapists and their fans were all considered to be lebbo gang members who would bash your kids after the game.

They have done a great job to turn this around

The thing that excites me most about this post is that Todd Greenburg is tipped to be the favourite for the NRL CEO position.

Good times ahead if true. Although I hate the Bulldogs you can't deny the strides they have made in turning around their image and the strong leadership from the top to achieve this.

ouwet

Bench
With all that then how come they can get 50k to a top game on a rainy night yet our clubs struggle to get 20k for top of the table clashes in Sydney in similiar conditions?

Firstly, Brisbane Broncos didn't bring with them the amount of supporters Collingwood did (Around 10K estimate)... Secondly the City To Surf would've effected the crowd. Thirdly Collingwood wasn't going into the game with Sydney in the form Brisbane were (Lost 3 in a row).

No NRL supporter can bag out the Bulldogs home averages... We're second in the NRL FFS and have consistently been in the top 3 for a number of years now in terms of crowd averages (Been out of the finals for 3 of those 4 years also and got a wooden spoon).

This friday night against the Tiger's (On a clear night) we'll get between 30-35K... Something most other NRL clubs can only dream of.

Panfas

Juniors
AFL crowds are bigger, FACT. NRL crowds are smaller, FACT
NRL tv ratings are bigger, FACT. AFL tv ratings are smaller, FACT

This is just how it is so stop b*tching and lets keep this c**k measuring contect to the right threads and not ambush this one FFS.

Bulldogs crowd good but not great. Panthers crowd crap, end of.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
I'd say there would be comfortably more Bulldogs fans in Australia than Collingwood fans. You can add the Dragons and Broncos to that list too.

Crowd figures in no way represent the true supporter base of a club.

undertaker

Coach
15319 (or something like that) at Hunter Stadium. Pretty good on a Monday night against one of the Knights' lower drawing sides

Last edited:

dogz08

First Grade
Bulldogs v Tigers 32k
Broncos v Storm 35k
Raiders v Roosters 12k
Sharks v Rabbitohs 15k
Titans v Eels 15k
Warriors v Panthers 10k
Eagles v Knights 16k
Dragons v Cowboys 11k

undertaker

Coach
If the weather is fine and the Bulldogs/Tigers game can't get close to 40k, Bulldogs and Tigers fans need a big kick up the arse. Two of the largest supporter bases in Sydney, top of the table side vs. a team in top 8 contention....

Also, Broncos/Storm should get 40k+. This should be one of the biggest Friday night crowd aggregates (across the two Friday night matches) since Bulldogs/Dragons got 37k and Broncos got 40k+ last year or the year before.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
We are tracking behind the s15 clubs 2012 avg in Canberra, Brisbane and Melbourne. Be nice to get over the top of them in Brisbane at least.

docbrown

Coach
I hope we're still in for finals contention for the last home game against the Rabbitohs. If so it will sell out.

Chook Norris

First Grade
If the weather is fine and the Bulldogs/Tigers game can't get close to 40k, Bulldogs and Tigers fans need a big kick up the arse. Two of the largest supporter bases in Sydney, top of the table side vs. a team in top 8 contention....

Also, Broncos/Storm should get 40k+. This should be one of the biggest Friday night crowd aggregates (across the two Friday night matches) since Bulldogs/Dragons got 37k and Broncos got 40k+ last year or the year before.

What makes you think that? Given how poorly the Broncos are going i think it's rather optimistic at the moment. Also think you are overestimating the Bulldogs/Tigers figure. Close to mid 30k's would be about right

Perth Red

Post Whore
Went to ANZ for the dogs v sth's game were everyone was predicting 30k+ ended up 19k. Seems Friday night big crowd predictions rarely pay out.

user_nat

Coach
What makes you think that? Given how poorly the Broncos are going i think it's rather optimistic at the moment. Also think you are overestimating the Bulldogs/Tigers figure. Close to mid 30k's would be about right

Looks like it should be over 40k judging by ticket availability (Gold exhausted and Maroon single seats). Can't buy seats in the lower bowl. Which is pretty good 4 days out.

Pretty good chance a fair chunk was sold before our slump due to 4 game memberships.

Last edited:

Fire

First Grade
Not trying to be a smart arse, but what's the big deal with crowds? I go to my home games, but not away games in Sydney. Would rather watch those at my leagues club. Interstate games I watch on FOX of course. Just don't see the big deal about crowds. Could someone explain it to me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.