What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Referee
The Reds would want to keep winning otherwise...

There will be a need for a 2nd Brisbane team.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
No I wasn't clear enough I meant Aussie Rules,European Rugby Union and most of the Soccer leagues around the world don't have problems with crowds.
:lol: You have no idea. More than half the soccer leagues in Europe average less than 10 K. The A-League averages 8K. Many Super Rugby matches don't even have official crowd figures. European rugby union? Get your hand off it.

An average of 17K puts the NRL in the top 15 leagues in the world. Now obviously we still want to improve on this and if we can build towards an average of somewhere between 20-25K in the future then that should be viewed as a success.

Chook Norris

First Grade
No I wasn't clear enough I meant Aussie Rules,European Rugby Union and most of the Soccer leagues around the world don't have problems with crowds.

At least Warriors crowd looks good.

BTW if Queensland crowds are on the decline then where do all the Maroon fans come from ?.

You are so off there it's not funny

Teddyboy

First Grade
You are so off there it's not funny
Maybe it's because i was brought up around a nation obsessed with Soccer.
And iam jealous of the TV ratings of the 6 Nations and it's crowds and the growth of the HEC cup/English Premiership/Championship and Top14/ProD2.

Also jealous of the crowds AFL get.

nko11

Juniors
Why iam a Rugby League fan.

I'm alright with constructive criticism. But coming here every time we have a Sub-par crowd and talking about how our code is in crisis is B*llsh*t. I would a applaud a Mod that banishes this troll to TFC.

VictoryFC

Bench
Teddyboy: You're just wrong.

You're jealous of European Union crowds? You mean those comps that all average less than the NRL?

The NRL not only averages more than any rugby union comp in Europe, it also has a bigger TV rights deal than any of them (one thats about to double). The only people that trumpet union club crowds are union trolls, because the actual figures paint a fairly bleak picture. Their stadiums might look a little fuller than ANZ, but that's because half of them aren't bigger than 10,000 seats.

As for soccer crowds around the world... bzzt, wrong again. If NRL was a soccer comp, it would be the 13th biggest by average attendance.

The only reason people go ape shit is because we got the AFL in our backyard. By world standards, the NRL is one of the premier competitions in world sport.

Teddyboy

First Grade
f**k pack of wolves you merkins are.

I just talking about the crowds HEC/6 Nations gets.Just wish League had the same.

Last edited:

Usain Bolt

Bench
:lol: You have no idea. More than half the soccer leagues in Europe average less than 10 K. The A-League averages 8K. Many Super Rugby matches don't even have official crowd figures. European rugby union? Get your hand off it.

An average of 17K puts the NRL in the top 15 leagues in the world. Now obviously we still want to improve on this and if we can build towards an average of somewhere between 20-25K in the future then that should be viewed as a success.

NRL is 22nd in crowd average attendances

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...omestic_professional_sports_leagues#section_2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts