What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brookvale Oval has a capacity of 23,000 accoring to wikipedia, yet the 20k crowd at the Manly vs Storm game last year was apparently shoulder-to-shoulder jam packed. Why do grounds announce their capacities if they know its not safe to hold that many people? Anyhoo, the Cronulla game tonight will definatly not get over 20k but it should reach the 'comfortable' capacity of 19k.

Suitman

Post Whore
Brookvale Oval has a capacity of 23,000 accoring to wikipedia, yet the 20k crowd at the Manly vs Storm game last year was apparently shoulder-to-shoulder jam packed. Why do grounds announce their capacities if they know its not safe to hold that many people? Anyhoo, the Cronulla game tonight will definatly not get over 20k but it should reach the 'comfortable' capacity of 19k.

Brookvale - 27,655 - 31/8/86 NSWRL: Manly v Parramatta
Leichhardt - 22,877 - 25/7/2005 NRL: Wests Tigers v South Sydney (Although I thought they had over 23000 for a Panasonic Cup final in the 80's)
Shark Park - 22,302 - 01/05/04 NRL: Cronulla v St. Geo-Illawarra

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/

Suity

ratsack2

Juniors
I was at shark park for the record, didn't have concourse on eastern side, but now we have southern stand which would have to take more, also the power cable at northern end is not there now, so could make for a few extra, but it will be a huge crowd none the less and good for the sharkies. now win the game and bring most of them back for next weeks clash with Parra

Suitman

Post Whore
now win the game and bring most of them back for next weeks clash with Parra

Funny you say that. Every time Parra have had a chance to boost crowds the following week by getting a win, they lose. Except the latter half of '09.
Good luck.

Suity

DC_fan

Coach
11,748 at Skilled Park I think...

I knew they would give a crowd of around 12,000 even though it doesn't look that many.

The Titans are yet announce a crowd of less then 10,000 at their home ground. What's the odds, regardless of the actual crowd size they ever do?

I wish I was as sure of winning lotto.

Teddyboy

First Grade
The souths bulldogs game at 4pm works great,especially with the easter show on. then the 730pm should revert back to its original good friday match of the sydney roosters vs brisbane broncos. why the west tigers would be given this game in the eastern suburbs ill never know. For years everyone went to the roosters vs broncos game on the friday night then the races on the sat every easter weekend. why mess with what had become a tradition for so many people. A tigers game on easter sunday arvo at Leichhardt would be a much better game and timeslot for everyone.

I do agree though that a game in melboune on good friday would be great with no AFL on.

Why do the West Tigers have a game at the SFS when they already got 2 grounds for themselves.
Who are the nutters who schedule these games.

Brutus

Referee
Really? How so.

Good consistent 18k crowd average...Tigers didn't do anything to "freshen" it up.

Give it back.

It went stale. Crowds dipped.

I'd bugger the SFS game off anyway.

Good Friday night should be in Melbourne.

user_nat

Coach

Great crowd.

edit: Well and truly beaten there lol

Yesterdays crowd was much larger, but tonights sounds so much better on TV.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Well done sharkies, that should shut up a few for a week that want your team out for some fantasy dream in non heartland.

docbrown

Coach
I hope there were a bunch of Sharks official out there in the crowds signing people up for memberships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
21,476 average so far this week.

Can we move all Gold Coast home games to Suncorp? Maybe people might turn up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts