What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ANZ was superb.

Best crowd for a Bulldogs v Manly match at ANZ Stadium by some margin.

There was one higher, however that was a double header with Tigers/Dragons in 2004.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
How many of these people who think crowds of 20000+ or 30000+ are disappointing actually show up to make these crowds bigger? I'd love to be in the situation and location where I could attend games.

Crowds have been excellent this round and for the season. Sure there could be more but the key to increases is building in increments.

Raiderdave

First Grade
How many of these people who think crowds of 20000+ or 30000+ are disappointing actually show up to make these crowds bigger? I'd love to be in the situation and location where I could attend games.

Crowds have been excellent this round and for the season. Sure there could be more but the key to increases is building in increments.

I attend plenty of NRL live buddy so enough with the lectures

where at that place now crowd wise

an SE Qld derby in the present day NRL even with rain has to do better then 30K in Brisb

& what else do we need to do to get more people to a grudge match like last nites in Sydney

neither crowd was anything more then dissapointing .. end of story.

Dakink

Bench
You must be kidding yourselves if you think 30k in pouring rain is a bad result.. This sort of rain stops lots of supporters from outlying areas, like mine in northern nsw from attending. I think it is a great crowd.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Any crowd over 25k is a good crowd for where we are at. The key is getting them consistently so the avg isn't dragged down by the 10k crowds

I know I've said this before but there are 4 clubs with a real chance of averaging over 20k this year. Big club = big brands = good for the game

Canard

Immortal
30K is disappointing against the last years spooners??

Seems a bit sky is falling mentality to me

Teddyboy

First Grade
12,213 at ANZ Stadium.

Mate is in Australia and just FB book me asking if Rugby League is dying as he was watching the Souths game and wondered why no-one was there yet the day before had seen the Dockers v Carlton game with it's big crowd.

DIOGENES

Juniors
1,000 up on last year
I suppose your friend was with the other 9000 at Manuka - AFL have made their biggest ever mistake with GWS.
As long as I can remember AFLtards have been getting their jollies prdicting the end of League. We'll see what they predict when League secures a massive TV deal.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Mate is in Australia and just FB book me asking if Rugby League is dying as he was watching the Souths game and wondered why no-one was there yet the day before had seen the Dockers v Carlton game with it's big crowd.

Tell your mate he's a dumbarse.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
If broncos had awesome membership prices like the knights I'm sure we would average 40k. Also - we always get live tv coverage for suncorp which keeps people away. What you all are failing to understand is the public who are interested in the broncos, see a lot of other teams as bigger rivals than the titans. Especially when the titans are ratshit boring.

Perth Red

Post Whore
and with the number of Q'landers (inc a lot of FNQ'ers going by the trial game) it would be equally well supported. I do wonder how clubs decide which games to take on the road?

DIOGENES

Juniors
Since Souffs were let back into the competition this match has got over 10k 4times. The highest was just on 13k in 2005. This is easily the second best.
Predictions on this blog are often random with no reference to previous matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts