What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
What was that about :s

Last year level 5 was basically completely empty. But a third of level 7 east and the whole of level 7 south was packed, in the courier the next day there was a write up about it.

VOR remember that, it was above you and you were shocked at the crowd figure?

Tomorrow will be lucky if its above 32. Poor.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I agree with most of this. Should be 40k+. Etc.

I also agree with the other post above that says the Titans burned up their support with the debt issue. It will take a decade of stability and forgetting for that to come back.

All of that said, let's hope for 30-32? Bit of a walk up? SLR??

As for the Reds, I couldn't give a flying copulation.

The Reds are bombarding my email, pleading, cringey pleading. "Lets give the Victorians a good QLD welcome". Insert angry looking (docile) Quade cooper. Ha.

Yeah I can't remember how it was looking at around this stage for the Parramatta game, but I agree, surely if theres a good rock up we can get 32ish, like v the eels.

The Reds are bombarding my email, pleading, cringey pleading. "Lets give the Victorians a good QLD welcome". Insert angry looking (docile) Quade cooper. Ha.

Reds bandwagon fall apart quickly to think at one point they surpass the broncos by the slightest of margins. Back to normal for them as for the lions once they get to there low drawing games its gotta get ugly for them with there season currently.

oikee

Juniors
For a game that is being has the world against it, it makes a lot of money in Australia from broadcasters. It also gets a shitload of pages in the back of the paper. Do bad stories get written about bad behaviour? Yep! Why? Because there are enough people interested in RL to be interested in the stories and sell papers etc. It isn't rocket science.

Btw, I was privately educated. Clearly my school turned me against league. Just like my choice of employment did. Hmmm?

You've got a chip on your shoulder.

Chip on both shoulders just in case one gets knocked off.

I might have over-reacted on the private school issue. Still, it does not help when it comes to major funding and sponsorship. Private school biase holds some firms back from supporting league, which is wrong, so very wrong.

BlueandGold

Juniors
SLR

Disgraceful for a QLD derby, should be 40k minimum and a best a sell out considering it's 2 QLD teams in 'heartland' of rugby league Brisbane. No excuses for pathetic crowd, is the Brisbane public that fickle after one loss to the Cowboys they just turn the other cheek. It's not like the Reds/Lions are doing great guns either, I see the Reds are playing on this weekend too. If the QLD derby gets outdrawed by the Reds/Rebels it would be a disgrace.

Mate the Broncos ave in 2014 is just under 38k, the Reds ave is just over 28k............................

That is 10k less people per game for a rugby union team that represents to whole state of QLD.

The reds are in terrible form, they will not outdraw the Broncos vs Titans imo.

Imagine if the Broncos had Sunday arvo games instead of all these Firday games...................................the ave would be above 40k by now.

babyg

Juniors
What ever happened to that ticket auction pricing scheme. Ticket prices go up or down based on an algorithm to ensure maximum crowd numbers at the right price.

Looks like they've tried it with Origin but instead of using a computer did it on the back of a napkin.
Save money on mathematicians and computer programmers.

oikee

Juniors
Some good looking games this weekend. The Broncos crowd if around 30 thousand is pretty good.
Friday night, Titans fans cant get to Brisbane in time so 30 thousand is a great crowd.
The Warriors Dogs game and Parra Dragons games will be fantastic.
Really enjoying this year. The game itself is alot better than last year.
Origin is going to be really good.

guyver78

Juniors
People hand out their cards to friends regardless of whether it is "allowed" or not.

I don't see why this should be a problem, in fact last year when Souths played the Roosters for the Minor Premiership Souths sent out a mass generic text message to all members asking people to reply and "opt out" if they cant make it so somebody else can sit and cheer in your seat.

So I don't think clubs care too much that people are sharing their cards. Better somebody turning up then nobody at all.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I don't see why this should be a problem, in fact last year when Souths played the Roosters for the Minor Premiership Souths sent out a mass generic text message to all members asking people to reply and "opt out" if they cant make it so somebody else can sit and cheer in your seat.

So I don't think clubs care too much that people are sharing their cards. Better somebody turning up then nobody at all.

They do this for Suncorp origins swell, Suncorp member seats get sold off to general public. Its great.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Perfect weather in sydney today. Or maybe its too good just to turn the poor excuse on its head, no doubt tales of a freezing 15 degrees making it unsuitable to attend Live sport will surface

GA tickets $22 dollars as well with a 2 for one deal on as well. No excuses in my mind.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Perfect weather in sydney today. Or maybe its too good just to turn the poor excuse on its head, no doubt tales of a freezing 15 degrees making it unsuitable to attend Live sport will surface

GA tickets $22 dollars as well with a 2 for one deal on as well. No excuses in my mind.

Is it two for one for the bunnies tonight?

Lucky hunts.

Western_Eel

Juniors
has someone here actually checked to see if the tickets have gone down or are we just relying on our great source of news LTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts