What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyver78

Juniors
I never knew that facts were considered silly

Souths/Eels crowd average at ANZ for the past 7 years is around 18k which is less that what Parramatta Stadium holds,7 years is an absolutely gigantic sample size,in that 7 years nothing suggests that this season's round 19 clash between the two sides should be moved from Parramatta Stadium.

Scott Seward and Haynetrain are correct,we both got dis,nobody else got dis.

Haynetrain I have nothing against the game being moved to parra stadium, I couldn't care less. Last 2 Parra home games (2012 and 2013) against Souths at ANZ drew poor crowds because it was PISSING down raining BOTH times. Last game of the round in 2012 where it was a Souths home game there was 24,000 people there if memory serves me correctly.

Anyway last night's crowd was poor but that's what you get when you play 2-3 trial games, 26 NRL rounds and finals games. People are spoiled for choice and simply cannot attend that many games. The Bulldogs didn't do any better a few weeks ago when they played the Sharks on a Monday night.

Point being whether the crowd was 11K or 14K it makes no difference, it's not great.

lockyno1

Post Whore
No club should be forced to move a match period unless you can 100% guarantee a 70K turnout. A full house at Parra is better than a 50% full ANZ!

BunniesMan

Immortal
21000 people at ANZ is better than 20000 at Parramatta. Fans should never ever be locked out of a game that people could reasonably expect was going to be a sell out.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Really? The old "I don't like what your saying so you must be a troll" line.
Care to prove me wrong? Of all the games played this season Sydney v out of town team (the only true way to measure a clubs home fanbase) only 2 clubs with 3 games managed to break the 15k crowd. Whilst 10 games were sub 11k crowds. Rest in the 11-15k range, majority sub 14k.

The answer is to bring in conferences.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
No club should be forced to move a match period unless you can 100% guarantee a 70K turnout. A full house at Parra is better than a 50% full ANZ!

Not really. A 40k odd crowd is good in any sport especially in this country

Monday is a problem though, the slot is just not sustainable as a regular slot

mattyg

Bench
51k on Easter Monday was better than 18-19k at parra stadium as well. Can't believe you are happy to turn away 30k plus fans from attending a blockbuster. It is about moving forward as a game and the more we can push games to 40k plus blockbusters in Sydney and show the support is really there the more likely we are to get a 50k suncorp in western Sydney

guyver78

Juniors
Full houses are better than scattered 23k at ANZ

Have you ever been to ANZ and Parra stadium before locky? You can pack roughly about 55,000 people between Levels 1 and 4 at ANZ. Level 6 holds the remainder of about 28,000. Once ANZ hits that 50-55K you do not see an empty seat in the house, that's ofcourse until they point the cameras to Level 6.

I don't know if anyone else will agree with me but I find Level 6 at ANZ to be very detached from the rest of the stadium. Sitting up on level 6, especially a few rows back you actually miss a lot of the atmosphere from Levels 1,2 and 3 hence why I despise Level 6.

Ofcourse 83,000 people are better but because Level 6 is so far detached from the rest I find that 50-55K people at ANZ does feel like a full house, just watch the replay of the Tigers/Eels game from Easter. I have been to Parra stadium when it was packed to capacity a few years back and it was OK but I wasn't WOW'd.

BlueandGold

Juniors
21000 people at ANZ is better than 20000 at Parramatta. Fans should never ever be locked out of a game that people could reasonable expect was going to be a sell out.

Parra should never have to bring a home game to the oponents home ground no matter the circumstance.

Time to upgrade Parra take it or leave it.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Parra should never have to bring a home game to the oponents home ground no matter the circumstance.

Time to upgrade Parra take it or leave it.

Pretty simple solution: get with the times and make ANZ your home ground.

With time you old school clubs in suburban stadiums will only get further and further behind financially as Souths and Dogs crowds keep pushing beyond 20k averages.

Suitman

Post Whore
That is pathetic. I hope they don't get the funding upgrade if they're not going to care about rugby league. Any game that looks like a sell out should be moved.

f**k you're an idiot.
The only way to get a funding upgrade is to keep selling the stadium out and proving capacity is insufficient, not moving games to a bigger capacity stadium. That just shows those with the money that there's an alternative, thus negating said upgrade.

Suity

BlueandGold

Juniors
f**k you're an idiot.
The only way to get a funding upgrade is to keep selling the stadium out and proving capacity is insufficient, not moving games to a bigger capacity stadium. That just shows those with the money that there's an alternative, thus negating said upgrade.

Suity

With WSW and Parra selling out Pirtek about 6 times a year, this stadium will soon get its upgrade.

If WSW and Parra keep taking big games out of Parra then the upgrade will never happen.

BunniesMan

Immortal
f**k you're an idiot.

Suity

You already have moved games to ANZ. The government isn't stupid. They know where Homebush is. They'll only upgrade Parra when ANZ becomes too full. So it's in Parras best interest to help make ANZ too full.

BlueandGold

Juniors
You already have moved games to ANZ. The government isn't stupid. They know where Homebush is. They'll only upgrade Parra when ANZ becomes too full. So it's in Parras best interest to help make ANZ too full.

Now you just confirmed how stupid you are.............:lol::lol:

The government is not stupid..............wow..............you should be kicked out of this forum for that....;-);-)

Suitman

Post Whore

The Wanderers are refusing to move games to ANZ and they too are demanding an upgrade.
Both clubs only need a 30 000 capacity stadium, and that is what they are pushing for.
Moving games to Homebush just proves that there is alternative, thus negating the need for an upgrade at home.
Both clubs would be stupid to do this at this point in time.

Suity

lockyno1

Post Whore
Have you ever been to ANZ and Parra stadium before locky? You can pack roughly about 55,000 people between Levels 1 and 4 at ANZ. Level 6 holds the remainder of about 28,000. Once ANZ hits that 50-55K you do not see an empty seat in the house, that's ofcourse until they point the cameras to Level 6.

I don't know if anyone else will agree with me but I find Level 6 at ANZ to be very detached from the rest of the stadium. Sitting up on level 6, especially a few rows back you actually miss a lot of the atmosphere from Levels 1,2 and 3 hence why I despise Level 6.

Ofcourse 83,000 people are better but because Level 6 is so far detached from the rest I find that 50-55K people at ANZ does feel like a full house, just watch the replay of the Tigers/Eels game from Easter. I have been to Parra stadium when it was packed to capacity a few years back and it was OK but I wasn't WOW'd.

ANZ is awful for football, it is a bit better recently but give me a suburban stadium over it. Have been to Parra a few times including twice this season. It is better. There is a better experience, and frankly it is Parra's home game, not Souths, like all away fans they can buy tickets to the game.

Even 50K at ANZ doesn't look great that the top deck is not filled, and more than that they won't get 50K to this clash anyway!

WaznTheGreat

Referee
51k on Easter Monday was better than 18-19k at parra stadium as well. Can't believe you are happy to turn away 30k plus fans from attending a blockbuster. It is about moving forward as a game and the more we can push games to 40k plus blockbusters in Sydney and show the support is really there the more likely we are to get a 50k suncorp in western Sydney

How many times does the Haynetrain have to tell people that Souths/Eels games played at ANZ over the last 7 years average less than what Parramatta Stadiums capacity is?(these teams average 18k past 7 years at ANZ)

Souths have proven in 7 years time that they are are not worthy of us making the switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts