What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

elbusto

Coach
I would say the person who heads up that sales division at say Dallas cowboys or green bay packers would generally be considered a crowd expert

Why doesn't the NRL hire one or two of these guys move them out here and offer them to clubs to help them set up silimlar team as in the usa?

I hope their bloody maths is better than yours!:crazy:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I have been a member for 10+ years

Never have got one phone call or text from anyone...

I do get the bog standard edm gmail message.

What's everyone else get ??

DC_fan

Coach
I have been a member for 10+ years

Never have got one phone call or text from anyone...

I do get the bog standard edm gmail message.

What's everyone else get ??

During the season I get an occasional email, text message or phone call. Out of season I get a whole lot more including mail in the post as they push for me to renew my membership.

It could be that during the season that because you are a member they feel they don't need to contact you as much.

pHyR3

Juniors
I get a text every few weeks telling me about some nice ticket deal for the upcoming game, stuff like that. Or other benefits like free transport or discounts.

Not very spammy, pretty helpful although I usually already know about the deals from social media so its not that helpful for me personally.

oikee

Juniors
You could see this coming a mile off. Slow, boring, spoiling footy, five hit-ups three men in every tackle and a kick at the end.
Powerhouse clubs with no superstars. Our crowds reflect the excitement of the game. There is none, even the commentators are bored and help put you to sleep.
Dave Smith needs to step outside the bubble and wake up to how people see this code.
Sydney stadiums are crap, even Boise Idaho has a better stadium than Parra.

Boise Population, 200 thousand and one team, Parra area, close to 2 million and 5 teams.

elbusto

Coach
Ok... sorry that sounded terrible, saying doubled..

Each game from NRL last night was tripled by swans...

Now is that better...

Sorry to sound negative, but I dont see anything positive coming out of the NRL to fight off this competition... and it is very frustrating to watch game you love, getting lapped...

There is zero advertising for h&A games, it just seems like now that origin is over, lets just wait till finals ...

They have a promo during the week for selling of GF tickets... ?? who cares about that now...

You were caught out talking crap so just accept it you negative turd.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Ok... sorry that sounded terrible, saying doubled..

Each game from NRL last night was tripled by swans...

Now is that better...

Sorry to sound negative, but I dont see anything positive coming out of the NRL to fight off this competition... and it is very frustrating to watch game you love, getting lapped...

There is zero advertising for h&A games, it just seems like now that origin is over, lets just wait till finals ...

They have a promo during the week for selling of GF tickets... ?? who cares about that now...

This is just not good enough on the part of the NRL, the clubs, and the venues (you would think they at least would want more patrons). On the rare occasions it does happen, we see the effect. Now we won't see 40k+ crowds turning up every week any time soon, no matter how much effort is put into promotion and the game day experience, but turning the 10-15k crowds into 15-20k crowds, 15-20k crowds into 20-30k, and the 20-25k crowds into 30k+ should be achievable by putting in some effort rather than none.

mongoose

Coach
You could see this coming a mile off. Slow, boring, spoiling footy, five hit-ups three men in every tackle and a kick at the end.
Powerhouse clubs with no superstars. Our crowds reflect the excitement of the game. There is none, even the commentators are bored and help put you to sleep.
Dave Smith needs to step outside the bubble and wake up to how people see this code.
Sydney stadiums are crap, even Boise Idaho has a better stadium than Parra.

Boise Population, 200 thousand and one team, Parra area, close to 2 million and 5 teams.

Powerhouse clubs with no superstars, what are you talking about? What kind of competition do you want where the NRL makes sure that only the most supported teams get the superstars? I'm guessing you're a broncos fan and you're bitter that they are tumbling down the ladder.

Confident nq will draw bigger than Friday's disgrace. The sooner manly decline, the better as they done nothing crowd wise despite being dominant for so long. Replicate manly success with a big Sydney team eg souths, eels and doggies or cows/broncos crowds would be huge.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Strong crowd @ Henson, slightly bigger than at Cronulla.

Too sunny at cronulla?

Pricing is just silly to attract the casual fan

ET Upper
Adult $45.00
Concession $35.00
Junior (3-16yrs) $35.00
Family $125.00

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Once again the NRL shows massive marketing ineptitude. Instead of building up last night as 3rd v 4th and a western sydney rivalry they put their energy into this superhero rubbish in a cash grab for merchandise sales.

Its utter stupidity that they have pulled these targets out of thin air for crowds and membership growth yet have done absolutely nothing to encourage solid consistent crowd growth in any of our centres to meet this. Tickets are way to expensive relative to demand and fan demographics, the stadia situation is a shambles in sydney, gameday experience is patchy, average at best across the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts