What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson1

Juniors
Great crowd. My question is what motivated a 30k crowd to rock up last year? Is there a sizeable kiwi Bulldogs support?

Basically. I'm from Wellington and went to the game. 22k is a decent effort but I don't think it is comprehensive enough to show that we are ready for a NRL team.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Basically. I'm from Wellington and went to the game. 22k is a decent effort but I don't think it is comprehensive enough to show that we are ready for a NRL team.

From afar it looks although the phoenix and hurricanes struggle for a half decent crowd would an nrl top them do you think?

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Cannot believe this crowd has been ruined by rain, I et this is the first rain they have had in weeks two just to be extra nasty to league

Diesel

Referee
Piss poor crowd. Could put Perths bid for a team back a few years.

It's poor weather which would've affected the walk up casual fan.

Not that it's an excuse but there's probably AFL fans who are sports fans that would've come along if it wasn't for a Dockers game on in the city at the same time

jamesgould

Juniors
Great crowd. My question is what motivated a 30k crowd to rock up last year? Is there a sizeable kiwi Bulldogs support?

Probably that we hadn't had an NRL game since 2004 before then.

I think it is for sure! Wellington is crying out for it. I brought a league virgin along with me today, and she loved the attacking play and said it was the most she'd ever enjoyed an event at the Wellington stadium. With the dearth of top level league in Wellington, I actually think crowds would only grow with our own NRL side.

22,500 will still most likely be the largest crowd this round, anyway.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Most in Perth who follow NRL have pay TV I do I go to the Souths game later on in the year, but its bucketing down here I,m about 12 k out of the city.
Last time it was a sell out it rained the entire game

Status
Not open for further replies.