What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
If another team in Brisbane was to be created, I would become a member and support them, but the Cowbs would still be my priority. I will do everything in my plebian power to bring down the reign of the filthy Broncos.

Western_Eel

Juniors
If another team in Brisbane was to be created, I would become a member and support them, but the Cowbs would still be my priority. I will do everything in my plebian power to bring down the reign of the filthy Broncos.

What if the broncos relocated to another part of brisbane?

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Damn, no rain for six months and today the sky has to be black! Hopefully it holds off.

Sometimes I think someone has an NRL voodoo doll with the weather.

Is it me or the weather in Sydney too has got worse during footy season and it hardly rains in Melbourne or if it does, it clears by Friday & the weekend but buckets down during Storm games?

Jason Maher

Immortal
OUch, that is truely a kick in the guts to Sydney rugby league.

45 k. If that was rugby league we would be drooling, drooling i tell ya.

No, Sydney rugby league has hit the wall. It will take something huge to pull this code out of the doldrums.
Cant keep going down the path we heading, it's a dead-end road and everyone looking from the outside into Sydney can see the writing on the wall.
The stadiums are crap, they all need fixing and a new one built out west.

Brisbane lead the way by building a purpose built 53 thousand mega stadium, Sydney looked on and let the game wither on the vine while playing outta sorts in a big round elephant and one team use of Sydney Footy stadium, in the wrong spot for most teams out west.
They need a suncorp in Parra and all western teams to play out of this until crowds reach 50 thousand.
It is a simple solution.

That Swans-Collingwood fixture in the past has drawn 60,000+. And you obviously know squat about who actually builds and upgrades stadiums. Hint: it's not the NRL or the clubs. And Suncorp was upgraded for the Rugby World Cup, not the donkeys.

Edit: Is your name John Ribot by any chance?

Last edited:

oikee

Juniors
That Swans-Collingwood fixture in the past has drawn 60,000+. And you obviously know squat about who actually builds and upgrades stadiums. Hint: it's not the NRL or the clubs. And Suncorp was upgraded for the Rugby World Cup, not the donkeys.

Edit: Is your name John Ribot by any chance?

You really have not got a clue have you.

They dont build stadiums just for the use of one world cup.

It was built for the Broncos fool, and the other codes came later. Geez we are dealing with dumber and dumber on here.
The Roar soccer and Reds never used the stadium until later, gee we have dumb wrapped up on here.
Go look it up knumbnuts.

oikee

Juniors
Here, i will help you,
Brisbane Roar FC is a professional soccer club based in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. It competes in the country's premier competition, the A-League, which is run by Football Federation Australia. Roar entered the competition in the league's inaugural """"2005–06 season""""

And

The traditional home of Queensland Rugby is Ballymore, which was built in the late 1960s in Brisbane. Throughout the Super 12, the Reds played their home matches at the stadium. The stadium hosted a number of matches during the first ever Rugby World Cup in 1987, including a quarter final. Ballymore was set to host games at the 2003 Rugby World Cup as well, but due to ticket demand, all games were moved to Suncorp.[6]

With the expansion of Super 12 to 14 for the 2006 season, the Reds made the move to the 52,500-seat Suncorp Stadium, the stadium has been described as an investment in the future of the Queensland Rugby with easier access and world class facilities.

I hope this does not become a habit, me having to look things up because others just make shite up.

And finally,
you do realise that Suncorp Stadium is Lang Park. ???????
The home of Rugby League.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Ha ha, grow up.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Brisbane lead the way by building a purpose built 53 thousand mega stadium, Sydney looked on and let the game wither on the vine while playing outta sorts in a big round elephant and one team use of Sydney Footy stadium, in the wrong spot for most teams out west.
They need a suncorp in Parra and all western teams to play out of this until crowds reach 50 thousand.
It is a simple solution.

53k mega stadium? Da fuq? 53k is not mega.

50k stadium out in Parra..? Crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzy!

What if the broncos relocated to another part of brisbane?

The Brisbane Broncos would still be the Brisbane Broncos. I'm a southsider, and I don't think of them as a northside team. I think of them as a Brisbane team. If a team was to be based in the Redlands, though? Well, maybe I could be conflicted. Maybe.

Go look it up knumbnuts.

That would be numbnuts, wouldn't it? :lol:

oikee

Juniors
Yes,,,, or it could mean "go look it up K,,, as in short for OK Numbnuts.
So Knumbnuts.

SLRbroncos, a huge stadium like Suncorp in Parramatta is not crazy, if anything it makes perfect sense.

You look at Parra as being in the middle of 3-4 teams.
The wanderers will use it, and Parra,,,,, Penrith is on one side so they can make use of this when playing blockbusters, use their home ground against away teams like the cows and storm and others that dont draw a crowd.
The Tigers could use it as well, and the Bulldogs could also take games their.

So that is already five teams that could be playing games from Parra if they had a huge world-class stadium.
As for the white elephant, ANZ, play less games their, only huge games like internationals and mega blockbusters.
Too many teams play out of this stadium now.

Sydney needs another big stadium, and Parramatta is central to most of those teams with Penrith being on the west side, the other teams closer to the city side.

It will grow crowds, i am not saying dont play all their games at the New parra stadium, but if the dogs were playing Tigers or Penrith Parra etc, i would play them at this new stadium purpose built for the game, rectangle.

I know it would work, the stadium draws in the crowd, just like Suncorp has drawn the crowds.

You build it, they will come.

Last edited:

oikee

Juniors
Anyhow, i am off for now, going to watch the super super saturday footy games,
Warriors in Wellington, Eels Penrith derby, Doggies Storm in Perth and then i taped Saint Helens Rhinos blockbuster.
Moon doggy, life does not get much better than that, have a 6 pack ready to go and a sausage sizzle.

pHyR3

Juniors
yea around 15k-16k, capacity is 35k.

very average, not poor but i thought wellington pulled solid crowds given they only got 1 game?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
SLRbroncos, a huge stadium like Suncorp in Parramatta is not crazy, if anything it makes perfect sense.

Hmm, I must disagree.

35k max, upkeep of a 52k stadium is too much considering how many large crowds they get out there.

Sure a 52k is great if its a Para or Penrith home prelim etc. But even then if there were a 52k stadium in Parra and they had a prelim final v say bulldogs or dragons, Im sure it would be moved to ANZ - result being a 52k stadium sitting out in Parramatta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts