What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Pretty poor for the local derby.

Parra and Penrith never get good crowds at Parra Stadium,Panther Daz is the only Panther fan who bothers to show up.crowds are better between those two at Penrith cos there are heaps of Eels fans out there.

And the whole local derby thing is nonsense anyway,there is zero rivalry between Penrith and Parra

Wilson1

Juniors
From afar it looks although the phoenix and hurricanes struggle for a half decent crowd would an nrl top them do you think?
Maybe. I think initially they would. When the Phoenix started they were renowned for their atmosphere and strong crowds. Now they really struggle to attract people. I think the Hurricanes/Phoenix struggle for crowds because of the fickle nature of Wellington sporting fans and a poor stadium. I don't see their being a difference for a rugby league team. Obviously, I would love to see it happen but I just don't see the business case.

I still don't see why Christchurch would not be your #1 option for a NZ team. They have about the same population, will have a far better (probably roofed) stadium and only have one professional sporting code.

t-ba

Post Whore
Yep. And people in Melbiurne think GWS are a joke. But 20,000 still turned up.

Edit: 19,640

Which is absolutely terrible for the Saints and has nothing to do with Sydney crowds...and is much much less than the fancif**k 48k you intially posited.

Status
Not open for further replies.