What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamberoo

Juniors
so why don't they play at the SCG

complete waste of money
ANZ contracted to host three Swans games per year until end of 2016.
Swans probably lost 10K fans to GWS.
Interesting crowds down significantly for both major codes.
Soccer crowds soft here in Melbourne too.
Perhaps years of unfriendly timeslots like Monday night, and rising ticket prices are finally having an effect on the overall psych of people attending lives sports.

On the topic of ticket prices, what would be the optimal price for the consumers and club. Since ticket sales is one of the many revenue streams of a club it has to be priced it which the club can break even and make a profit from game-day. At the same time, being at a reasonable price for consumers.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Perth with their worst crowd since 1997. WHAT'S DOING PERTH RED. What's the matter with Perth people not showing up. They need lessons from Sydneysiders.

Excellent crowd in NZ.

Parra v Penrith should be more than 14k. How can two teams from heartland get that. Why isn't more done to hype up this rivalry. The battle of the wild west should average double that.

lockyno1

Post Whore
On the topic of ticket prices, what would be the optimal price for the consumers and club. Since ticket sales is one of the many revenue streams of a club it has to be priced it which the club can break even and make a profit from game-day. At the same time, being at a reasonable price for consumers.

Absolutely no more than $20 for GA, $30 for Category A. That would be more than reasonable I would think to a club game. Plus less games at the Olympic Stadium!

LineBall

Juniors
These days the consumer expects more. Ticket prices don't gave to be "cheap" but they do need to have "value for money". Ticket prices should include transport to and from the ground and 1 free drink per ticket.

Food and drink prices need to come down.

Games need to be scheduled as much as possible at family friendly times, I.e less night football.

The game day experience needs to be improved. Three grades of football at the ground, with a maximum of fifteen minutes between games (again, value for money).

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just got back from drinks after the game, just about dried out!

Can't believe, literally no rain in Perth since November and the day we get a game the heavens open! If there is a god she must be an afl or union fan.

Disappointed with crowd, I predicted around 16k. Have to say the promotion for this game was way below what we normally see for the Souths game and didn't help gem dropped NRL last two weeks and we normally get ads during those games.

Not a bad atmosphere considering the small crowd, rain and one sided second half.

Hopefully it will be dry on June 7th and we will get 20k again.not scheduling it same time as dockers, not charging $50 a ticket and promoting the game would also help!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth with their worst crowd since 1997. WHAT'S DOING PERTH RED. What's the matter with Perth people not showing up. They need lessons from Sydneysiders.

Excellent crowd in NZ.

Parra v Penrith should be more than 14k. How can two teams from heartland get that. Why isn't more done to hype up this rivalry. The battle of the wild west should average double that.

Lol 2 all Sydney games drew 14k each. Not sure Sydney has much to teach us!

PR

Come June I'm confident WA will rebound with a strong crowd the rainfall tends to hit whenever league comes to the west. One dissapointing crowd shouldn't detract expanison, considering some of the poor crowds in the 'heartland' of RL.

pHyR3

Juniors
apparently smithy said QLD will get a team.

guessing that means perth gets one too to keep it even.

it'd be pretty awesome if they put in 4 teams though, NZ II, perth, QLD II and PNG/QLD III/VIC II. but probably not feasible at the moment.

Springs

First Grade
Honestly if the excuse for the Roosters game is 'it looked like it was gonna rain' then the Perth crowd is fine.
I still find Perth disappointing but I find the Sydney ones a lot worse.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I am thinking they vast amount of sport on offer at the moment is affecting everyone's crowds. Nrl, afl and super rugby have started slowly while the aleague has dipped. I am astonished every weekend how much live sport is on, across all 4 codes on tv this is dfinitely watering down the pool of fans who attend games. In sydney the baseball will have had a small impact as well, thew were probably 60k sydneysiders at the 2 games payig top dollar and many are most likely nrl attendees.

georgesnmith

Juniors
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...and-final-replay/story-fndujljl-1226868690352

NRL chief executive Dave Smith has promised to review match-day ticket prices, food and beverage costs and membership packages after only 14,902 fans turned up for the grand final replay between the Sydney Roosters and Manly on Friday night.

At Wollongong, St George Illawarra and Brisbane attracted an embarrassing attendance of 10,526.

The NRL’s ability to draw crowds continues to be a major issue for the code, with averages down on last season.

It led Smith to concede the NRL had work to do to reach a personal target of an average of 16,500 people per game this season, with the objective of an average of 20,000 by 2017.

“We’ve got to get the price point right, particularly for families because we want more and more families coming to the game,’’ Smith told 2GB’s Continuous Call Team.

“We’ve got to make it so that when they do come to the game it’s an experience that they enjoy from the minute they leave their door.

“Price point isn’t lost on me, if you want to increase volume we’ve got to make sure when they come they have an enjoyable experience and it’s safe and it’s fun.

“The football this season has been fantastic, so it’s nothing to do with the football. At the same time we’ve got to make sure the facilities are good and they’ve got a choice.’’

Smith maintains the NRL’s stadium policy, where the majority of matches are played at a major ground — predominantly ANZ and Allianz — is the way of the future."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts